Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovating and insulating

• 17-08-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody,

I'm in the process of renovating my house and was thinking to line the walls with plasterboard at first. But then I read an article in "Selfbuild" magazine about other types of wall boards and the insulating properties of plasterboard, compared to the others, were average to poor. The best on their list was fiberboard (it was also mentioned that it has slightly better sound proofing properties). I've tried to search around the web for suppliers of it in the Dublin area but not much luck (it could be that my google skills aren't that great).
    Does anyone here have experience with putting up fiberboard on walls? How is it to work with, compared to plasterboard? And where/who sells them in Dublin? Some ballpark pricing information would also be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Advertisement