Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellamy gone to Cardiff .

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gary Cook is a great man according to Belamy :rolleyes:

Maybe he meant allowing him to leave for Cardiff instead of just letting him rot in the reserves while Mancini ignores him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭furiousox

Uniqueness?
    Please elaborate...

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Gary Cook is a great man according to Belamy :rolleyes:

He's paying his wages!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

After backing Cardiff to go up last year and loosing over 500 quid on them I reckon they owe me a huge favour adn thsi signing is exactly the thing im excited about... If the wolves stay away for this season then they'll defo go up!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The more I think about it, the more the timing seems perfect. It's been ages since Cardiff were in any sort of position to get promoted and it could be a long time again. What football fan could seriously choose pissing about at Bolton over the possibility of winning promotion with his home-town club? Sure, he could have gone to Cardiff when he was over the hill, but what good would that have done the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

By the way, I don't expect Bellamy to score 35 goals in the Championship between now and the end of the season. It'll be more like 15, with a lot of assists and simply a huge impact in terms of opening things up for the rest of his team. This does not guarantee Cardiff promotion, particularly when their significant off field problems are taken into account. But it definitely makes them a lot better. Very tough league this year down there, the depth is frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Two assists and a goal for him on his debut....and a yellow card for dissent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Personally I think it is a waste of a good player him going to Cardiff where he would have been well able to play at the top for another while but what I do admire is he followed his heart when it came to his next destination. You can see he loves his football and that I do like about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This whole affair leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. A club that is supposed to be in such financial dire straits that it cannot afford to pay £175,000 owed to Motherwell for the signing of a player last year, should not be allowed to take players on loan, especially one of Bellamy's standard. I don't follow a championship club but if at the end of the season Cardiff end up taking a play-off or promotion spot due to Bellamy Iwould be seriously peed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Personally I think it is a waste of a good player him going to Cardiff where he would have been well able to play at the top for another while but what I do admire is he followed his heart when it came to his next destination. You can see he loves his football and that I do like about him.
    He should still be at City. If we were going to get rid of someone, I'd have got shut of Wright Phillips. He's been a major disappointment since he came back from Chelsea. Bellamy belongs in the Prem.

Advertisement