Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkman?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

A milkman came to our door last week to see would we sign up, think he works for Avonmore? Anyway, we did, he gave us a copy of our order and were to get first delivery yesterday but theres no sign yet... dont have a phone number for him. Would anyone have a number for him? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Don't have number, but there may be another similar thread around here somewhere that might have it. A couple of guys started up a milk round last year and I think they had a good uptake but due to poor delivery(excuse pun) they seem to have dissappeared. Combination of no show, wrong order, too much, too little, sour and burst cartons caused me to cancel. Shame though cause it should be a simple enough business to get up and running if run competently. Think it was dearer than squinn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Hi

We use a milkman for the last year and so do a few of our neighbours in the Park. Have had no complaints and think its similar price to Superquinn - also means you are not running to shops for milk and coming back with €20 of goodies :D

Paul 01 2821952

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Tomato wrote: »
    Hi all,

A milkman came to our door last week to see would we sign up, think he works for Avonmore? Anyway, we did, he gave us a copy of our order and were to get first delivery yesterday but theres no sign yet... dont have a phone number for him. Would anyone have a number for him? Thanks

Haa good start :)

He knocked at ours as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

He came around to us too. We signed up. There was no sign of the milk as we were leaving this morning.

At least they didn't take money off us straight away. That'd rightly piss my off.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

d31b0y wrote: »
    He came around to us too. We signed up. There was no sign of the milk as we were leaving this morning.

At least they didn't take money off us straight away. That'd rightly piss my off.

Gas. Ill give him a call and see what the story is... am interested now its not just our milk missing, you'd kinda wonder why he bothered?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

My favourite milkman was Ernie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

My favourite milkman was Ernie!

Has to be Pat Mustard, surely!?

Tomato wrote: »
    Gas. Ill give him a call and see what the story is... am interested now its not just our milk missing, you'd kinda wonder why he bothered?

Maybe it's a big scam and his is going to call around on Sat and collect money.

"I hope you enjoyed your milk... What?! You never got any? Those young rapscallions. Oh well, where's my money?"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

dougle_milkfloat.jpg

d31b0y wrote: »
    Maybe it's a big scam and his is going to call around on Sat and collect money.

"I hope you enjoyed your milk... What?! You never got any? Those young rapscallions. Oh well, where's my money?"

:rolleyes:

Yip that thought had crossed my mind! Or maybe he is a hottie and is getting waylaid on his way to my house...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Has to be Pat Mustard, surely!?
    No, he was so gorgeous they put him under arrest.

Jammyc wrote: »

Pat Mustard was a violent treacherous milkman who could not be trusted. I for one would not like to encounter this mischievous malevolent murderer on my doorstep. He was no laughing matter and was about as funny as woodworm in a cripple’s crutch.

I firmly resolve with the help of thy grace that Ernie was the best milkman of them all.

You could hear the hoof beats pound as they raced across the ground,
    And the clatter of the wheels as they spun 'round and 'round.
    And he galloped into market street, his badge upon his chest,
    His name was Ernie, and he drove the fastest milk cart in the west.

Now Ernie loved a widow, a lady known as Sue,
    She lived all alone in Liddley Lane at number 22.
    They said she was too good for him, she was haughty, proud and chic,
    But Ernie got his cocoa there three times every week.

They called him Ernie, (Ernieeeeeeeeeee)
    And he drove the fastest milk cart in the west.

She said she'd like to bathe in milk, he said, "All right, sweetheart,"
    And when he'd finished work one night he loaded up his cart.
    He said, "D'you want it pasturize? 'Cause pasturize is best,"
    She says, "Ernie, I'll be happy if it comes up to my chest."

That tickled old Ernie, (Ernieeeeeeeeeee)

Now Ernie had a rival, an evil-looking man,
    Called Two-Ton Ted from Teddington and he drove the baker's van.
    He tempted her with his treacle tarts and his tasty wholemeal bread,
    And when she seen the size of his hot meat pies it very near turned her head.

She nearly swooned at his macaroon and he said, "If you treat me right,
    You'll have hot rolls every morning and crumpets every night."
    He knew once she sampled his layer cake he'd have his wicked way,
    And all Ernie had to offer was a pint of milk a day.

Poor Ernie, (Ernieeeeeeeeeee)

One lunch time Ted saw Ernie's horse and cart outside her door,
    It drove him mad to find it was still there at half past four.
    And as he lept down from his van hot blood through his veins did course,
    And he went across to Ernie's cart and didn't half kick his 'orse.

Whose name was Trigger, (Triggerrrrrrrr)
    And he pulled the fastest milk cart in the west.

Now Ernie rushed out into the street, his gold top in his hand,
    He said, "If you wanna marry Susie you'll fight for her like a man."
    "Oh why don't we play cards for her?" he sneeringly replied,
    "And just to make it interesting we'll have a shilling on the side."

Now Ernie dragged him from his van and beneath the blazing sun,
    They stood there face to face, and Ted went for his bun.
    But Ernie was too quick, things didn't go the way Ted planned,
    And a strawberry-flavoured yogurt sent it spinning from his hand.

Now Susie ran between them and tried to keep them apart,
    And Ernie, he pushed her aside and a rock cake caught him underneath his heart.
    And he looked up in pained surprise and the concrete hardened crust,
    Of a stale pork pie caught him in the eye and Ernie bit the dust.

Poor Ernie, (Ernieeeeeeeeeee)

Ernie was only 52, he didn't wanna die,
    And now he's gone to make deliveries in that milk round in the sky.
    Where the customers are angels and ferocious dogs are banned,
    And the milkman's life is full of fun in that fairy, dairy land.

But a woman's needs are many fold and soon she married Ted,
    But strange things happened on their wedding night as they lay in their bed.
    Was that the trees a-rustling? Or the hinges of the gate?
    Or Ernie's ghostly gold tops a-rattling in their crate?

They won't forget Ernie, (Ernieeeeeeeeee)

5099969670657_600.jpg

Jammyc wrote: »

... as it happens, my mother in law, who lives across the way asked me yesterday had a handsome young man called to my door? - said he was well built, tanned.. I said - sadly, no, id have noticed - then she said he was a milkman and was seeing were they interested in having milk delivered.

So, ironically - he IS a hottie!!

The plot thickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

I signed up to a milk delivery service in Kilcoole a few months ago, I find it pretty good.

Only once was the milk missing, which I blame the junk mail guys for. The milk man is sound and calls about once a fortnight to collect the money. The guy that signed us up was from avonmore but I think the milkman is independent.

Its a good service and I would recommend it to anyone (but it may be a different guy in Charlesland)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

mrbrianj wrote: »
    I signed up to a milk delivery service in Kilcoole a few months ago, I find it pretty good.

Only once was the milk missing, which I blame the junk mail guys for. The milk man is sound and calls about once a fortnight to collect the money. The guy that signed us up was from avonmore but I think the milkman is independent.

Its a good service and I would recommend it to anyone (but it may be a different guy in Charlesland)

i thought he was a bit sharpe and it was dear so i headed him on

Of course the life of a Milkman is not a bed of roses.

There are hidden dangers around the courner for the unsuspecting milkman....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hate to spoil the fun but can we stick to the topic now please?

Dunno what happened on Tuesday of last week, but I got my milk on the Saturday and this morning so it looks like we are back on track.

No charge as yet. I assume he will be around this coming Saturday at some stage to collect.

Same here - he turned up on Saturday! And been ok since. Mystery solved :)

Hmm, got more milk today for some reason. Only meant to be Tuesday and Saturday.

Dunno what's going on now...

• Advertisement

WTF?! We are just after getting 3 litres of milk this morning. Does anyone have a number for this guy because there's no way I am paying for all this extra milk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Greystreets

Mrs Greystreets signed up for the milk delivery when they came around a couple of weeks or so ago and we have had a mixed first experience. Some of the order being delivered and then nothing and then not what we ordered. However, this evening Billy the milkman called around to collect his money and feedback on the service so far. We gave him constructive feedback and he is actually a really nice guy trying to make a go of a new business. In this economy it must be tough and I think it would be good if we could all give him a chance. Of course he needs to get organized and ensure he is offering a reliable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

All off topic posts are now being removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 curious court

Hi there, has anyone got the contact details for the milkman by any chance? i've been getting milk for a good few weeks now and still no sign of him re payment etc...has anyone else had this problem? Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BigElf

Hi there, has anyone got the contact details for the milkman by any chance? i've been getting milk for a good few weeks now and still no sign of him re payment etc...has anyone else had this problem? Thank you. :)

William Blanchfield, 2819946 or 087 7424036. I got his card Friday night for that very reason. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

We signed up too, and I was happy with it but now I realise it's very expensive, we are paying €5 for 2x 2 litres, you can get them in Tesco for 1.79 each??
    Is this the norm?? should we pay so much extra just to have it delivered??

We were being charged €1.25 a litre, which sounds like what you are paying. I would have expected the 2 litre cartons would work out a bit cheaper than the 1 litres. Between getting our order wrong so many times and the price we have since cancelled.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind giving a few cents extra a litre (in this case it worked out to about 25c extra) to get the milk delivered to the door as I found that if I bought 2 litres when doing shopping and it would be off about a litre and a half through, with another day or 2 to go before shopping day. It's a shame it was such a rocky start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 timmy2019

unfortunately the milk man is being screwed by large stores like dunnes and centra (musgraves group), this is why the milk is more expensive because large companies like avonmore need to make there money from the small milkman... we have been getting milk from our local milk man for twenty years we have had small problems but we could always rely on him to bring us fresh milk every day..... it is well worth getting a delivery..... SUPPORT IRISH.

Advertisement