Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I loosing my mind?!?!

Options
  • 17-08-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I think i;m going crazy!! I was sitting reading the paper and having tea yesterday at the kitchen table when I got this strange feeling over me. kinda felt queezy (sp?) with a bad headache and felt as if i wasn't in control. something made me glance down to the floor where i seen some sort of white feet glide across the floor. they weren't exactly feet but more like the shape of feet while walking. it was over very quickly but now i'm freaked out. I've black tiles in the kitchen which made it easier to see. I had no windows or doors open as i wasn't long home. can someone try help with an explanation? I've always been a believer in spirits but this has actually freaked the hell outta me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

spudz22 wrote: »
    I think i;m going crazy!! I was sitting reading the paper and having tea yesterday at the kitchen table when I got this strange feeling over me. kinda felt queezy (sp?) with a bad headache and felt as if i wasn't in control. something made me glance down to the floor where i seen some sort of white feet glide across the floor. they weren't exactly feet but more like the shape of feet while walking. it was over very quickly but now i'm freaked out. I've black tiles in the kitchen which made it easier to see. I had no windows or doors open as i wasn't long home. can someone try help with an explanation? I've always been a believer in spirits but this has actually freaked the hell outta me!

To be on the safe side, visit your doctor. He might send you for an MRI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its the ghost of murdered English Language.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You may also want to seek alternative explanations for your phenomena; e.g., lack of sleep, stress, medical condition, medications, drinking, etc., can sometimes distort perception, especially when in combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id get to a doctor sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭spudz22

Jumpy wrote: »
    Its the ghost of murdered English Language.

Thanks for your incredibly useful comment.
    You may also want to seek alternative explanations for your phenomena; e.g., lack of sleep, stress, medical condition, medications, drinking, etc., can sometimes distort perception, especially when in combination.

MSc deadline looming so that may have something to do with it i.e stress and lack of sleep. It's not the first time I've seen things like this at home but they've become less frequent over the years. When I was younger, I was convinced an old lady was watching over me to keep me safe because I always felt her presence specifically in my room - nowhere else. But if a doc is the best thing then maybe that's where I need to go! Already had the MRI done recently for another problem and was all clear. Thanks for taking the time boardsies.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont know if theres something wrong with your head or not, and if you feel its worth a doctors visit, then do that. Dizzy spells and headaches always need checking.

But from a scary/paranormal pov, dont be freaked out by it. Even if it was a pair of disembodied feet in your kitchen, its not going to do anything to you, harm you, hurt you, or otherwise affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

spudz22 wrote: »
    I think i;m going crazy!! I was sitting reading the paper and having tea yesterday at the kitchen table when I got this strange feeling over me. kinda felt queezy (sp?) with a bad headache and felt as if i wasn't in control.

Sounds like a very mild panic attack to me. Likely brought about by lack of sleep/stress/over-working etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

In addition to all that has been said, the possibility of a psychic experience is also possible.

The advice to see a doctor first of all is excellent and worth heeding.

Advertisement