Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

svb travel plans

Options
  • 17-08-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Please read the section that applies to you, however if your travelling with me you don`t need to read anything :)

section 1 luton

section 2 heathrow

section 3 gatwick

Luton

From luton airport there is a bus service that will take you to the train station, the bus looks like this You can get it from outside the airport on the left as you walk out the revolving doors at the airport, its a free service that takes you to the train station.

From luton airport parkway train station you will be taking the train to hendon station. A single journey is 9 pound. However to save money you can buy a £2.50 ticket to leagrave which is what i always do. There are no gates at hendon and there wont be any ticket inspectors on the train or at hendon station. Buy the ticket from the ticket machine, tickets are £1 cheaper from the ticket machine.

If the gates are open and there are no ticket men at the train station don`t buy any ticket, just walk straight to the platform.

Remember to take the kings cross train heading towards london, but make sure that it stops at hendon, there is an express to kings cross, do not get on this train, it will not stop at hendon. Check the board to make sure your getting on the right train.

Once you arrive at hendon, come out of the station and cross the street, you will see a bus stop, its located right on the bridge, from here you can take the 83 bus to wembley, it costs £2, ask the driver to let you off at wembley central train station. From wembley you can get a taxi to whatever hotel your staying at. A taxi will cost about 6/7 pound to anywhere in the area. Call greenford taxis to come and pick you up, the number is 02071254652.

Alternatively you can take a taxi from hendon, using greenford cabs, a taxi to harrow will cost about 12-15 quid. This is probably the best option, its a little expensive, but its handy especially if your travelling late at night.

Heathrow

The best way to get to harrow from heathrow airport is in a taxi.
    For the northern guys going from heathrow the best taxi service to use is greenford cabs, the local telephone number is 02071274652. You can call this number when you arrive and they will pick you up or you can go to the website and make a booking. The website address is http://www.greenfordtaxis.co.uk/Default.aspx

I got a quote for 9 people which worked out at 55-60 pounds. Thats pretty cheap for 9 people.

Alternatively you can get the tube.

Gatwick

I think kneecaps is the only person going from gatwick, ive already went over the travel details with kneecaps and he knows what hes doing, if anybody else if going from gatwick please speak to him.

If you guys need help while your in london call me on my uk number 07749555134.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

People please remember to print out your boarding passes if your travelling with ryanair, aerling people don`t need to do this.

If you guys have any questions please put them forward now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cheers for the info Chunkis. Very helpful. I took down your number incase I get lost. :D

I'm heading out at 8:15am on thursday to Luton. Its Ryanair flight 332. Is anyone else on this flight? It would be handy to know so we split taxi's and stuff.

I had a quick look through the other thread and Hound, Ramza and dreddy are the same flight too. Is there anyone else also?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Good Stuff chunkis.

Kirby I'm also on that flight. We're staying at the same hotel too so we can make our way together.

Hand in hand.

I'm so excited for this little trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I am on the 8am flight from dublin to luton as well.

me
    ramza
    dreddy
    kirby
    speedboat
    hound
    hounds friend

Thats 7 people, is there anymore people on the 8am flight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Thanks for the info chunkis. Looking forward to this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'm on the 8.15am flight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

For those who don't want to taxi and are travelling from Heathrow to the Crescent hotel via Train like Farz, Terry and me here are a couple of things that might help.

1: Route from Heathrow via Train
    RoutePlan.png

2: Map from Harrow on the Hill Station to the Hotel it'self.
    StationToCrescent1.png

Hope this helps those not lookin to get a taxi.

3. This may help people wondering where the event is from the Crescent.

Harrow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Everyone Printed your Boarding passes and Your PAYPAL Receipts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So uh... who missed their flights then? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement