Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy Live at the Olympia theatre Dublin thursday february 17th!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Just to clarify; the lineup for this upcoming gig is Sykes/Downey/Gorham?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

Read the post just above yours. The falling-out occurred when they announced that they were going to have a reunion of sorts in the 02 on the same night as the official Vibe. It made the papers, and there was even a Facebook page set up in protest. Hence the new date of Feb 17th, and the more "realistic" venue choice: Olympia Theatre.

It wasn't clear what had happened from the previous post but that clears it up. Thank you. I wonder if they've patched things up since?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

efla wrote: »
    Just to clarify; the lineup for this upcoming gig is Sykes/Downey/Gorham?

Ricky Warwick • Scott Gorham • Vivian Campbell • Marco Mendoza • Darren Wharton • Brian Downey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Philsopher wrote: »
    It wasn't clear what had happened from the previous post but that clears it up. Thank you. I wonder if they've patched things up since?

Doubt it??

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

This gig is the night before my 30th!! It kinda softens the blow of getting old(er)!!

Should be a good gig. Scott said in Classic Rock a few issues ago that he tried to bring Robbo back into the fold but he passed. Gary Moore is still against the whole thing.

Regards using the name of Thin Lizzy, personally I dont think its right, but thats just me. Even tho there are 3 bona fide members involved. Brian Downey was there from start to finish, Scott was there from the classic line up to the end, and Darren Wharton played on the final 3 albums. It all depends on who owns the rights to the name (obviously Scott does), so legally he can call it Thin Lizzy. Same thing as Axl Rose using the GNR name, he owns the rights to the name.

Anyone know what happened with Sykes, he just left all of a sudden. He must have had some BIG fallout with Scott.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

KevLeppard wrote: »

Anyone know what happened with Sykes, he just left all of a sudden. He must have had some BIG fallout with Scott.

I read an interview they did in Classic Rock and Gorham wasn't particularly happy with how the songs had taken on a 'metal sound' under the Sykes/Aldridge influence , apparently Downey didn't get on with him and didn't want to be part of the last few tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Gridlock wrote: »
    I read an interview they did in Classic Rock and Gorham wasn't particularly happy with how the songs had taken on a 'metal sound' under the Sykes/Aldridge influence , apparently Downey didn't get on with him and didn't want to be part of the last few tours.

Everyone seems to be of the opinion that this is the same formula as the previous few tours, just a cover band in essence - but that's not the case, these guys are in the process of writing and recording a new album, no idea what it will sound like, but I'm willing to give them a try.......

I didn't agree with them scheduling the gig for the same night as the Vibe, but I don't know what the reasoning was or the story behind it - so I'm not going just bitch about it for the sake of it.......

No idea what the songs will sound like with Warwick on vocals - but I really like the line up for the band, and lets be honest if they called it something else and did the Lizzy songs it would just be the same - like the Heaven and Hell thing, at the end of the day that was Black Sabbath touring the last few years.......it's not like Phil didn't want to get the band back together is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

NIBBS wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be of the opinion that this is the same formula as the previous few tours, just a cover band in essence - but that's not the case, these guys are in the process of writing and recording a new album, no idea what it will sound like, but I'm willing to give them a try.......

I didn't agree with them scheduling the gig for the same night as the Vibe, but I don't know what the reasoning was or the story behind it - so I'm not going just bitch about it for the sake of it.......

No idea what the songs will sound like with Warwick on vocals - but I really like the line up for the band, and lets be honest if they called it something else and did the Lizzy songs it would just be the same - like the Heaven and Hell thing, at the end of the day that was Black Sabbath touring the last few years.......it's not like Phil didn't want to get the band back together is it ?

To be honest i'd never buy that album, at the end of the day Thin Lizzy was Phil Lynott and vice versa.. And i'd say a lot of folks feel that way too..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I thought they said recently that they scrapped the idea of recording a new album when Sykes left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I think it's pretty much the opposite Ghost - they reckon that this line up can produce an excellent album.......we'll see, there's certainly enough experience i n there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Who says these guys aint doin it for the money

'Special' ticket packages now available :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Platinum Package

Package Includes:
    •Meet & Greet with 2 members of Thin Lizzy pre-show
    •Red Carpet Early Venue Admittance
    •Crowd Free Merchandise Shopping
    •Premium Seat Ticket (or choice of Balcony seat or Standing on certain shows)
    •1 year Thin Lizzy Fan club Platinum membership
    •Exclusive VIP Platinum Merchandise Package consisting of:
    * Thin Lizzy Messenger bag
    * Thin Lizzy Leather Journal
    * Thin Lizzy Executive Pen
    * Exclusive Thin Lizzy T-Shirt
    * Tour Program
    * Personally signed 8 x 10
    * VIP Laminate Pass
    Price: 275.00 GBP

Gold Package

Package Includes:
    •1 year Thin Lizzy Fan club Gold membership
    * Tour Program
    * VIP Laminate Pass
    Price: 150.00 GBP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Wow...just wow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

scudzilla wrote: »
    Who says these guys aint doin it for the money

'Special' ticket packages now available :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Platinum Package

Package Includes:
    •Meet & Greet with 2 members of Thin Lizzy pre-show
    * Tour Program
    * VIP Laminate Pass
    Price: 275.00 GBP

Gold Package

Package Includes:
    •1 year Thin Lizzy Fan club Gold membership
    * Tour Program
    * VIP Laminate Pass
    Price: 150.00 GBP

Are they serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

More fools the ones who buy this crap!

What happened to good old hanging around early at the venue or outside the hotel for a quick word and an autograph?

...ooh hold on VIP LAMINATE PASS!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

This is NOT Thin Lizzy ... repeat .... This is NOT Thin Lizzy.

Thank you for your attention during this Public Service Announcement

But if ya go to the london show ya can meet all 6 members....for an extra 100GBP :rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh, and the deal breaker is some Guitar pics!!!

Platinum Package - London Only

Package Includes:
    •Meet & Greet with all 6 members of Thin Lizzy pre-show
    •Premium Seat Ticket
    * Tour Program
    * VIP Laminate Pass
    * Thin Lizzy Guitar Picks
    Price: 350.00 GBP

Source : http://www.thinlizzyfanclub.com/uk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

RayCon wrote: »
    This in NOT Thin Lizzy ... repeat .... This in NOT Thin Lizzy.

*is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Totally agree. Thin Lizzy ended when Phil decided to end it. Anything else is just a cabaret act.

They should call the tour: Thin Lizzy: A Tribute.

i agree with this

This in NOT Thin Lizzy ... repeat .... This in NOT Thin Lizzy.

I think most of us agree wit this. I'll go to the gig but only because my buddy's on the crew and i'll have a chance to get wrecked wit him, wouldn't bother me arse otherwise

bazmaiden wrote: »
    *is

*Is NOT ... unless or course you're a souless , PR swallowing fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

*Is NOT ....

i was correcting his grammatical error

unless or course you're a souless , PR swallowing fool

calmdownbro.jpg

deep breath .... calm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 souldier

So who's supporting?

If it's the Union like in the Uk then i will defo be there.

Advertisement