Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the best place for steak in cork city

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just wondering as fellow steak lovers are here, would anyone know where or if you can get Kobe Beef either to buy or to go out to have in Cork. Im thinking early of Christmas and I thought well feck it if It wasnt to badly priced himself is always saying he wants to try it..thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just wondering as fellow steak lovers are here, would anyone know where or if you can get Kobe Beef either to buy or to go out to have in Cork. Im thinking early of Christmas and I thought well feck it if It wasnt to badly priced himself is always saying he wants to try it..thanks in advance

I've never seen it, I'd say in a restaurant the only one I'd imagine having it would be The Ivory tower (maybe some other places too). Buying it to cook at home? I'd say go into O'Flynns on Marlboro Street (same street as Trailfinders) and ask them where you'd get it, the best butcher in town by a mile so I'd say if they don't know there aren't many who would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

gimmick wrote: »
    Medium all the way for me.
    You pay 40 notes for a steak and then cook it medium, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think any recommendations made on here should be accompanied by how the poster of the comment likes to eat their steak.
    I like a medium steak tending towards rare side of things, I used to like well done but have changed my mind following experiments with the East Village "fillet rocks", it's a nice way to try different levels of meat without a whole meal being a waste.
    I think the steaks in East Village in Douglas are hard to beat, fillet or sirloin. It's a bonus to be also able to choose from the "Rock" & Mesquite steaks too.
    I also remember a few years ago getting a really nice steak in Rossinis but it was a good while ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

the thady inn farnanes

• Advertisement

Dermighty wrote: »
    I've never seen it, I'd say in a restaurant the only one I'd imagine having it would be The Ivory tower (maybe some other places too). Buying it to cook at home? I'd say go into O'Flynns on Marlboro Street (same street as Trailfinders) and ask them where you'd get it, the best butcher in town by a mile so I'd say if they don't know there aren't many who would.

That you Dermighty I shall research perhaps tom I will be heading to town..If it is as good as they say it is I will let ye know...

I think any recommendations made on here should be accompanied by how the poster of the comment likes to eat their steak.
    I like a medium steak tending towards rare side of things, I used to like well done but have changed my mind following experiments with the East Village "fillet rocks", it's a nice way to try different levels of meat without a whole meal being a waste.
    I think the steaks in East Village in Douglas are hard to beat, fillet or sirloin. It's a bonus to be also able to choose from the "Rock" & Mesquite steaks too.
    I also remember a few years ago getting a really nice steak in Rossinis but it was a good while ago.

MM i think I am like you...Used to only eat it well done until I tasted one fairly rareish and mmmm..I love the steaks in East Village and Soho as you say it is great because you can cook it as you like on the Rocks..Defo Soho is nicer though you cant enjoy it in the east village too noisey...Mm steak where could i get some now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CiaranC wrote: »
    You pay 40 notes for a steak and then cook it medium, lol

I never get steak when I am out tbh. But why lol?

gimmick wrote: »
    I never get steak when I am out tbh. But why lol?

I reckon he likes the steak rare or blue. One of these folks who reckons medium is after killing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cat320

Not exactly the city but the viaduct does a tasty steak in my book, top notch drink as well, priced good too,all this steak talk is getting me hungry, Luigi malones steak is argintinian by the way, or it used to be.. I can also vouch for the corn market, very nice there also..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

RoverJames wrote: »
    I reckon he likes the steak rare or blue. One of these folks who reckons medium is after killing it.

Ah, steak snobs! Yawn :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Cotts72

***bump*** to save me starting a new thread ,anywhere in the city in recent times caught the attention of steak lovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have always found Electric to be excellent, the Corn Store is also really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cotts72 wrote: »
    ***bump*** to save me starting a new thread ,anywhere in the city in recent times caught the attention of steak lovers?

I got the steak on a rock from Soho last weekend and it was out of this world, nice thick raw cut and you can cook away then to however you want it, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

CHealy wrote: »
    I got the steak on a rock from Soho last weekend and it was out of this world, nice thick raw cut and you can cook away then to however you want it, delicious.

Slightly off topic, and I know everybody is different BUT, I really don't get the steak on a rock thing. You pay about €25/30 for a steak(and a few chips)that would be €6/7 in a butchers, but have to cook it yourself on a hot stone that the chef kindly heated up for you.
    Fair enough you get to cook it as you like it but any half decent restaurant can get that right.
    Rant over lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

.red. wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, and I know everybody is different BUT, I really don't get the steak on a rock thing. You pay about €25/30 for a steak(and a few chips)that would be €6/7 in a butchers, but have to cook it yourself on a hot stone that the chef kindly heated up for you.
    Fair enough you get to cook it as you like it but any half decent restaurant can get that right.
    Rant over lol.

Me too. If I order steak in a restaurant I figure part of the cost is having a qualified chef cook it just the way I ordered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

It was the novelty for me more than anything, was my first time enjoying it and to be honest Id definitely get it again, it was delicious. Each to their own.

Love the Rock thing tis great as you get to cook it as you like... Like i like a rare steak so i do, but a full rare steak can get be a bit much. So with the rock you have it all the ways you like..Yummiee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Love the Rock thing tis great as you get to cook it as you like... Like i like a rare steak so i do, but a full rare steak can get be a bit much. So with the rock you have it all the ways you like..Yummiee

I've never gotten it as I think its a rip off it so correct me if its different to how I imagine,

A steak should rest for a minimum of 3 mins after cooking, add in the 3/4 mins each side(that I like depending on thickness) and that's about 9 mins before your first mouthful, your chips or spuds would be cold and everyone else at the table would have empty plates by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Elbow lane, if it reopened, would be my steak choice in the city.

Thady Inn farnanes would next.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Steaks in elbow lane were awesome all right

Elbow lane closed ?

I think the steak on a rock is an awful idea too.

Jacobs on the mall is probably the best steak I've had in Cork, absolutley savage and perfectly done as I wanted (which is often not the case in many places).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Augeo wrote: »
    Elbow lane closed ?

I think the steak on a rock is an awful idea too.
    It was closed for a short time for a fire. Could be back open, I honestly don't know.
    http://elbowlane.ie/news/2016-07-27/temporarily-closed-due-to-fire

Advertisement