Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ozil to Madrid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

great price for a great talent.

Will be interesting to see where (or if) Kaka, Canales, Ronaldo and Ozil all fit. I reckon Canales could regret his move (if not financially). Assume van der Vaart will be shown the door successfully this summer - someone could pick up an absolute bargain there (would take him at United anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I didn't even know they signed Khedira until I clicked that link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Nooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I assume he'll replace Kaka while he's injured and then will spend the rest of the season warming the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They have some serious quality in that midfield. Even if they play 5 in the middle they're still going to have to get rid of some very good players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

any body else pissed off about this:mad: buying up everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Not bothered, but I should point out he's a fool for going to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

_Bella_ wrote: »
    I assume he'll replace Kaka while he's injured and then will spend the rest of the season warming the bench.

Kaka played 25 games last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

96 points last year?

Add the best coach in the world.

Add Khadeira, Ozil, Di Maria, Carvalho.

Remove some beaten dockets like Raul and Guti.

The difference between double and nothing last year for Madrid was ultimately two games against Lyon and Barcelona. I'm thinking they have done what needed to be done to go that little extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

great price for a great talent.

Will be interesting to see where (or if) Kaka, Canales, Ronaldo and Ozil all fit. I reckon Canales could regret his move (if not financially). Assume van der Vaart will be shown the door successfully this summer - someone could pick up an absolute bargain there (would take him at United anyway)
    Is Canales a forward? Or could be converted into one? There only seems to be 3 forwards (Higuain, Ronaldo, Benzema) in Real's squad atm, so they need some backup there (unless they're going with a sort of 4-3-1-2 diamond setup).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

kennethk wrote: »
    any body else pissed off about this:mad: buying up everyone

Disgusting isn't it?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Bad move for him will struggle to get into the team should of stayed in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I predict a very unhappy camp around December, tbh.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I predict a very unhappy camp around December, tbh.
    Yep. He'll want out by next summer, he'll get sweet **** all of a look in once Kaka's fit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nailz wrote: »
    Yep. He'll want out by next summer, he'll get sweet **** all of a look in once Kaka's fit again.

Kaka hasn't been the player he once was for a couple of seasons now imo - not at club level.

If Ozil deserves his place, Mourinho will give it to him - he isn't going to be bullied into team selections by the Madrid PR machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

People seem to be completely forgetting that Mourinho is in charge of Madrid this season.

They're going to be fcuking monsters, and a misfiring Kaka will find himself on the bench reputation or no reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

_Bella_ wrote: »

Going to post the same thing. As a United fan I am dissapointed. Top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Would have liked him at Arsenal, but at least he didn't go to United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Absolultely gutted.

He will be great in Madrid, he has the quality.

No bench warming there im afraid. Frightning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

dorgasm wrote: »
    Would have liked him at Arsenal, but at least he didn't go to United!

No we just spend €9 million on a player who was in the Portuguese third division last season. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Absolultely gutted.

Casillas
    Ramos-Pepe-Carvalho-Albiol
    Alonso-Khadiera
    Option*
    Kaka
    Ozil
    Ronaldo-Higuain

Option*= Van der Vaart, Canales and Di Maria.

12 players :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Absolultely gutted.

Casillas
    Alonso-Khadiera
    Option*
    Kaka
    Ozil
    Ronaldo-Higuain

Option*= Van der Vaart, Canales and Di Maria.

That's 12 mikey ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Bench warming for the next 2 years. Terrible move and went for the money. Foolish young man.

Kaka will not be dropped. PR machine will rule I'm afraid.

Silly Silly boy

Kaka out for at least 3 months + Ozil coming in and playing well + Jose liking it = Success and possible trophies for Ozil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    96 points last year?

Add the best coach in the world.

Add Khadeira, Ozil, Di Maria, Carvalho.

Remove some beaten dockets like Raul and Guti.

The difference between double and nothing last year for Madrid was ultimately two games against Lyon and Barcelona. I'm thinking they have done what needed to be done to go that little extra.

Has Di Maria actually signed for them?

Don't forget the mighty Alcorcon who knoecked them out of the CDR as well.

While they have strengthened, the gulf between themselves and Barca was alot more than the 3 points the season suggested. They were comprehensively beaten in both games IMO. That said, had they drawn both games, they would have won the league. And lets all remember, Jose does not lose league games at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

12 players :D

That extra player really gives Mourinho the tactical edge :)

Move Ronaldo to the right instead of the "option" and you have an outstanding side.

gimmick wrote: »
    Has Di Maria actually signed for them?

Don't forget the mighty Alcorcon who knoecked them out of the CDR as well.

While they have strengthened, the gulf betweent hemselves and Barca was alot more than the 3 points the season suggested. Theyw ere comprehensively beaten in both games IMO. That said, had they drawn both games, they would have won the league. And lets all remember, Jose does not lose league games at home.

Yes and agreed.

However, interesting season ahead.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Kaka out for at least 3 months + Ozil coming in and playing well + Jose liking it = Success and possible trophies for Ozil.

We all know Kaka is out till Christmas. But you think he will then sit on the bench?? This wont be allowed to happen

His ego is just too big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That's 12 mikey ha

So it is. Im blinded by rage:pac:

Erm... Lets drop the option there and go with this then:

Casillas
    Khadiera-Alonso
    Ronaldo----Ozil
    Kaka
    Higuain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

People say its foolish, but really its the ultimate challenge. To get into that Madrid team with so much competition is the ultimate challenge right now in football.
    it won't be as much of a circus with Mourinho there, if the lad is performing he will play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Kaka has a big ego? Thats news to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

NickDrake wrote: »
    We all know Kaka is out till Christmas. But you think he will then sit on the bench?? This wont be allowed to happen

His ego is just too big

He stuck Shevchenko on the bench for Chelsea didn't he?

Kaka hasn't been the player he once was for a couple of seasons now imo - not at club level.

If Ozil deserves his place, Mourinho will give it to him - he isn't going to be bullied into team selections by the Madrid PR machine.
    I hope you're right. But I have a feeling by the end of the season Mourinho will be bullied out by the Madrid PR machine...

His ego is just too big

He'll have to sit on the bench. He hasn't been fit, let alone played well for a year. I would not be suprised if Kaka just gets injured again anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ozil's a great footballer, but you'd have to question the wisdom of joining Madrid.
    On the surface it seems like a perfectly good idea, but how much playing time is he going to get? Will he improve as a player as a result of being at Madrid?
    Nobody wants to see a good prospect not develop to their full potential, but Madrid haven't always been the best club to go to in order to develop.

I might be wrong and he might get his game every week, but it's highly unlikely.
    For that kind of money there's plenty of clubs who would have been able to offer him much better prospects in terms of development, but it would seem that the lure of Madrid has proved too much once again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

What?? He has a massive ego. Leaving AC Milan for a ton of money after he said he would remain at the club for ever?

You obviously havent heard he was disrupting the dressing room last season and also causing trouble at the world cup?

What?? He has a massive ego. Leaving AC Milan for a ton of money after he said he would remain at the club for ever?

You obviously havent heard he was disrupting the dressing room last season and also causing trouble at the world cup?

No this is all news to me.

In fact, he didn't even want to leave Milan but they had to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Huge ego.
    Himself and Ronaldo were reluctant to pass to Higuain for most of last season ,they didnt rate him it seems and they were going for their own glory .
    Kaka was hopeless last season for Real.
    That Real midfield is oozing with attacking flair .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Should be a good move for Madrid. Not sure it's so great for the player though. The likes of Sneijder and Robben had to move on and it wouldn't surprise me if he follows suit in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Huge ego.
    Himself and Ronaldo were reluctant to pass to Higuain for most of last season ,they didnt rate him it seems and they were going for their own glory .

Had a good laugh at that.

• Advertisement

Huge ego.

Ya here is another example.Kaka was causing fierce problems last year in Madrid. Ego is huge as I said.

Its very odd people on here seem to think going to Madrid is good for a young player. People have very short memories. He will be ruined like so many more.

Its about football not money. Madrid continue to ruin the game and put money before football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Ozil I thought had a good World cup and Khedira was ok but the real star for me was Muller and nobody has a hope of signing him. A serious question mark over these two signings in my opinion as they were bought based on the World cup which is always a dodgy thing to do and does not always workout.

°°°°°

redout wrote: »
    Ozil I thought had a good World cup and Khedira was ok but the real star for me was Muller and nobody has a hope of signing him. A serious question mark over these two signings in my opinion as they were bought based on the World cup which is always a dodgy thing to do and does not always workout.

Rubbish, just look at Podolski's glorious run after the world cup in 2006, oh hang on...

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Saw somewhere recently that Madrid's spending since 2000 passed the billion euro mark recently. Can't remember where I saw it but tis a fairly scarey fact.

That's a lot of money that has trickled down to other clubs (but probably a fair chunk going to lecherous agents as well)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Johner wrote: »
    Had a good laugh at that.

It is true .
    Ronaldo and Kaka were going for their own glory in the first half of the season blatantly ignoring Higuain when he was the better option for a pass.
    There were various dressing room confrontations about it.
    Kaka isnt as holy as he makes out .

As I have said on other threads. Ozil has been looking class for the last 2 years. Not based on his world cup. His previous performances were well noted.

Khedira on the other hand will be used as a solid squad player. Nothing Else

°°°°°

Saw somewhere recently that Madrid's spending since 2000 passed the billion euro mark recently. Can't remember where I saw it but tis a fairly scarey fact.

That's a lot of money that has trickled down to other clubs (but probably a fair chunk going to lecherous agents as well)

I don't think it converted itself into as many trophies as was expected either.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

As I have said on other threads. Ozil has been looking class for the last 2 years. Not based on his world cup. His previous performances were well noted.

That maybe so but it was his World cup performance which made Madrid sign him and others chase him. I doubt many had even heard of Ozil before the World cup in fairness and certainly not many big clubs were going to be chasing him had there not been a world cup this summer. I favour Wengers thought on the matter of not to sign players based on major championship performances as a lot of the time you can be left disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Fcuk. Madrid have some unreal depth in their team, it's basically a squad of first teamers. That could be their downfall also.

That maybe so but it was his World cup performance which made Madrid sign him and others chase him. I doubt many had even heard of Ozil before the World cup in fairness and certainly not many big clubs were going to be chasing him had there not been a world cup this summer. I favour Wengers thought on the matter of not to sign players based on major championship performances as a lot of the time you can be left disappointed.

I agree it was somewhat based on his WC for sure. But not totally.

People had heard of Ozil. you are wrong there. He was known in European football and touted as one to watch in the WC by loads of people.

I'm afraid its you how didnt know who Ozil was. you can be sure Jose did

• Advertisement
Advertisement