Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Not Posting Out Bills From Now On ?

• 17-08-2010 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

I was wondering there my bill was the last month and thought I should have got a letter by monthly like always.

The Next day last Tuesday I got a text message on my phone form upc.

Saying your next bill is due the 21st and will be direct debited from your bank account.

I Got on the phone too them saying what the is goin on where is my bill in the post ? he said oh sir ( we don't post out bills anymore ? )

I said too him since when I was not informed what so ever he said that we just don't simple as that cause you are a direct debit customer and we want too save the planet.

I have signed up with Upc last October always got a paper bill never has a problem since then.

What is going on ?

We have the right too get paper bills in the post. I want too cancel that direct debit now and just pay them normally into there account.

Your thoughts on this please........
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

We have the right too get paper bills in the post.

I'm not sure if you have the right to a paper bill, but if you do, then UPC have the right to charge you an extra fee for it. They have to issue you with a bill, but it doesn't have to be paper.
    I want too cancel that direct debit now and just pay them normally into there account.

Cancel the DD and they will definitely charge you an extra fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,321 ✭✭✭markpb

I said too him since when I was not informed what so ever he said that we just don't simple as that cause you are a direct debit customer and we want too save the planet.

I'm fairly sure I received a letter from them a few months ago saying that they would only issue a bill if the price had changed from the previous month. Though at that stage, they hadn't been sending out bills for a few months already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

was never informed about this not sending out bills at all..

Got no email noting they told me on the phone that I can check it on the website.

I am looking at the terms and conditions now.

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UPCTermsAndConditions.pdf

Also I'm emailing comreg too find out what is going on cause I was never informed of any of this.

Am I the only one.
    jor el wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you have the right to a paper bill, but if you do, then UPC have the right to charge you an extra fee for it. They have to issue you with a bill, but it doesn't have to be paper.

Cancel the DD and they will definitely charge you an extra fee.

they said too me that there was a change in my contract in feb I said too them what change ? he couldn't tell me.

I said too him that Ive been getting bills since last year and never had a problem and he said we don't send out bills anymore I said too him that since when and he could not tell me at all.

Is this happening too other people ?

I don't its right too receive a bill by text message.......
    markpb wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I received a letter from them a few months ago saying that they would only issue a bill if the price had changed from the previous month. Though at that stage, they hadn't been sending out bills for a few months already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Just say that you need a paper bill for VAT purposes. They have to give you one then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,321 ✭✭✭markpb

Skittle wrote: »
    Just say that you need a paper bill for VAT purposes. They have to give you one then.

And they'll ask why you have a residential connection for a business.

I said everything on the phone too him he just keep repeating we dont post out bills anymore cause of the evoriment.

I told him that I was never informed I could not get threw too this guy at all.

Am I the only one having this problem ?

Your Thoughts....... please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

I was wondering there my bill was the last month and thought I should have got a letter by monthly like always.

Saying your next bill is due the 21st and will be direct debited from your bank account.

I Got on the phone too them saying what the is goin on where is my bill in the post ? he said oh sir ( we don't post out bills anymore ? )

I have signed up with Upc last October always got a paper bill never has a problem since then.

What is going on ?

We have the right too get paper bills in the post. I want too cancel that direct debit now and just pay them normally into there account.

Its the whole ebill thing for them you can now download and print your bill online.

Alot of companies have brought this in over he last few years its much cheaper for them to have a electronic bill then paper.

Embrace it they did send letters out stating this. I'm all for this going forward.

I just found this http://service.upc.ie/service/?aid=156

cause I signed up with the broadband I don't get bills anymore and if I want a paper bill I have too pay 3 euro extra.

That is a joke its not fair at all.

Is there anything we can do about this ?
    Its the whole ebill thing for them you can now download and print your bill online.

Alot of companies have brought this in over he last few years its much cheaper for them to have a electronic bill then paper.

Embrace it they did send letters out stating this. I'm all for this going forward.

does that break there terms and conditions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

markpb wrote: »
    And they'll ask why you have a residential connection for a business.

Say you're self employed. There's nothing stopping you using the residential product for business purposes as long as your business doesn't involve hosting servers on their connection.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cause I signed up with the broadband I don't get bills anymore and if I want a paper bill I have too pay 3 euro extra.

You register on the UPC site with your account number and go to your settings. There's an option to have your bill sent via post, email or an sms telling you to check the bill on the UPC website. The post now costs 3 euro extra. Other methods area free. Hope that clears things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Many companies charge for paper bills, often touted as a discount for using e-billing. There's nothing you can do about this, Comreg and the Consumer Association have both spoke about this in the past and said there's nothing can be done. You get a free bill if you choose SMS or email. You only pay for them printing and posting it to you.

What's the big problem with e-bills? I get most of my bills that way, and find it much better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jor el wrote: »
    Many companies charge for paper bills, often touted as a discount for using e-billing. There's nothing you can do about this, Comreg and the Consumer Association have both spoke about this in the past and said there's nothing can be done. You get a free bill if you choose SMS or email. You only pay for them printing and posting it to you.

What's the big problem with e-bills? I get most of my bills that way, and find it much better.

For me its the hypocrisy:rolleyes: It's all about costs and portrayed as caring for the environment. For example the "caring for the environment" doesn't seem to have hit UPC's marketing department.

Also this decision by UPC applies to all of their customers and not just their broadband ones. And there are still many people who have not got the internet and do not want to do their business over it. Increasingly the customer exists to serve the business.

What is going on ?

Here is a link to the letter that was sent out with the last bill I got from them which would have been in December 2009 as I point out elsewhere the letter is unprofessionally undated.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/18944/122042.gif

Time to pass the letter around to the CSR's as they do not know anything about it to judge from posts here. Also there is no mention of any extra charge for the paper bill.

That actually has nothing got to do with e-billing. For customers on direct debit they only sent a bill if the amount changed. Under the dd scheme you have to give a customer 14 days notice of the amount due (something which UPC find impossible in my experience!). It is enough to notify the first amount due and the date in the month - unless the amount varies you do not strictly speaking under the dd scheme have to issue another bill. So I got a bill last time because they had increased their prices (and again drove a coach and four through their own terms and conditions in the process)

from reading the terms and conditions its states if you still want a letter in the post in will cost you 3 euro.

And if you do not want too pay by direct debit its 3 euro.

So if I want too do both it will cost me 6 euro extra a month in order too get a normal service with a company.

That is extortion it really is.

Im sure Im not the only person that is mad at this or this is happening too,

My question is what can we do about it ?

How can we stop this.....

Your thoughts and words please
    You register on the UPC site with your account number and go to your settings. There's an option to have your bill sent via post, email or an sms telling you to check the bill on the UPC website. The post now costs 3 euro extra. Other methods area free. Hope that clears things up

Im with you on that due too the fact that craig doyle is so popular and with him as there spokesman upc have gained a lot of customers.

I do not want too check on bill online and I do not want too receive a text message.

All I want is a bill in the post simple as that Id love too make my point with them and cancel the direct debit but dont want too have too pay a extra 3 euro.

it does not cost 3 euro for a stamp and letter and paper for the bill.

The is a lot of Irish people out there who have broadband and dont have a email address.
    dub45 wrote: »
    For me its the hypocrisy:rolleyes: It's all about costs and portrayed as caring for the environment. For example the "caring for the environment" doesn't seem to have hit UPC's marketing department.

Also this decision by UPC applies to all of their customers and not just their broadband ones. And there are still many people who have not got the internet and do not want to do their business over it. Increasingly the customer exists to serve the business.

the extra charge is on there website it says 3 euro for a paper bill.

sorry I get you its not written on the letter, I did not get this letter at all too my home.

Who are the CSR ?

What can we do with that letter ?

All I would like too too get my bills the same way I get my esb and gas and kept them in a box so I can give them too my accountant.
    Here is a link to the letter that was sent out with the last bill I got from them which would have been in December 2009 as I point out elsewhere the letter is unprofessionally undated.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/18944/122042.gif

Time to pass the letter around to the CSR's as they do not know anything about it to judge from posts here. Also there is no mention of any extra charge for the paper bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Wow, it almost took a whole page before you came in with your UPC bashing!:rolleyes:

You need another hobby Dub45.
    As I've asked you before, why don't you start a crusade on DSL providers for their "up to" speeds.
    Seeing as you seem to care about the consumer so much, and it's not a UPC vandetta you have of course.

I just find it funny that your care for the consumer only seems to kick in when it comes to UPC.

Strange that.

That actually has nothing got to do with e-billing. For customers on direct debit they only sent a bill if the amount changed. Under the dd scheme you have to give a customer 14 days notice of the amount due (something which UPC find impossible in my experience!). It is enough to notify the first amount due and the date in the month - unless the amount varies you do not strictly speaking under the dd scheme have to issue another bill. So I got a bill last time because they had increased their prices (and again drove a coach and four through their own terms and conditions in the process)

Perfect, here you go.
    Start up a campaign against the ESB for charging you hundreds in a deposit if you don't sign up to DD.

What?
    No?
    Is it cause it's not UPC again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement