Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want to buy a mid sized small engine diesel car...Any advice?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hey!

I want to buy a mid sized diesel car with a small diesel engine. I suppose Im looking for something that is decent looking (or even remotely stylish!), w ith the small diesel engine preferably (1.3 or 1.4) and I need it to be reliable aswell. I have about €3500 - €4000 to spend and Im thinking cars like the Fiat Punto Diesel, Citroen C4, Opel Corsa or Astra... something like these, but Im not tied to these, so any suggestions welcome?

Im just looking for any advice people might have on small-mid sized diesels... which would be the best option considering I need somthing reliable yet that looks ok too? :D Also, Id like to have as young a car as possible.

Thanks everyone !

Comments

Well, as your budget will clearly be putting you in pre 08 cars I would look at bigger cars too, they'll still so 50mpg on a run and the tax will be only €250 or so more than on a 1.6 so not a huge factor. I'd strongly consider a 307 HDi if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

At the risk of taking you into an older car than you'd like - the Audi A2 came with a 1.4 tdi - they stopped production in 05, and where always rare here - but it's another option...

Paddy

Advertisement