Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tires for Irish roads

• 17-08-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm bringing a CBR600RR into the country from the US. The back tire needs to be replaced. What's a good brand for the Irish roads?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

txpjl wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm bringing a CBR600RR into the country from the US. The back tire needs to be replaced. What's a good brand for the Irish roads?

Thanks in advance.

Black ones are good, black ones with white writing are better, yellow/red writing are worse. If you paint the lettering yourself you can upgrade downgrade as appropriate.

If your rims have tape on them, red is better than luminous green, but only if used with red lettered tyres.

Nah, seriously, tyres = go to shop ask for tyres. Bridgestone, Dunlop, Pirelli etc. they are all European spec tyres here, nothing special for the yanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's more important to find the right tyre for the bike but will there be a different tyre listed for a US RR compared to a European one?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Check the size, speed rating and load rating on the current tyre. Then check that with the recommended listing here. Id imagine they would be the same anyway.

Any of the big brands will do a tyre to suit you. Pirelli Angels or Rossos, Metzeler Sportec, Dunlop Sportmax. Just decide whether grip or tyre life is most important to you, and bear in mind our wet weather and lousy roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

Oryx wrote: »
    Check the size, speed rating and load rating on the current tyre. Then check that with the recommended listing here. Id imagine they would be the same anyway.

Any of the big brands will do a tyre to suit you. Pirelli Angels or Rossos, Metzeler Sportec, Dunlop Sportmax. Just decide whether grip or tyre life is most important to you, and bear in mind our wet weather and lousy roads.

That's why I was asking because of the "wet weather and lousy roads". I'm from Tipp but have not ridden a bike in Ireland.

Currently have a Pirellli Corsa (80% track tire) on the back, Metzeler on front and want a better set for Irish roads.

Thanks
    Everybody.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

None of the ones I mentioned above are track spec, and feedback is great for the Angels and Metzeler sports touring tyres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement