Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What do you sit in?

• 17-08-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

What kinda of chairs do you guys sit in when gaming? Im getting rid of my large enough 2 seater to make space in my room. I was planning on just using a nice PC chair for both pc and game use, but im thinking now over several hours I might go a bit numb :rolleyes:

Ideally I want something that:

Reclines
    Leather(black)
    Small enough(not bulky)
    Swivels

Kinda like those massage chairs you see.

Im open to other chairs also but ideally what I have above.

Thanks

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well I use a reliner chair for playing games works really well for long gaming/drinking sessions think it was only €200 when I got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

budget?

If you want a gaming chair i recommend some form of x-rocker
    I myself use an x-rocker II special edition
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5660861/Trail/searchtext%3EX+ROCKER.htm

But think the x-rocker pro 2009 is more what your looking for
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9003826/Trail/searchtext%3EX+ROCKER.htm

Or if you really want to splash out, the x-rocker multimedia reclining chair
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6891811/Trail/searchtext%3EX+ROCKER.htm

Then again you could just get a normal chair but i would recommend one of these because you get surround sound aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Depends on how lazy I'm feeling. I do all my gaming in my bedroom, as I game a lot, and I share with others. My options are therefore limited to a two seater couch, or the bed. Either way though, I end up sprawled across whichever "seat" I've chosen. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

The couch, in my under jocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I don't want a "gaming" chair really.. I already have a decent sound setup(logitech z5500) and id only be paying for little extras..

This is ideal for what im looking for:

R-028_black_recliner.1228810481.jpg

Though I reckon it'll be around 400+ for a nice one. I could spend that but id rather not I think ill have a look at some 2nd hand places.
    smooch71 wrote: »
    The couch, in my under jocks.

haha yeah especially during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

inflatable throne?

2uzccvp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

dazftw wrote: »
    I don't want a "gaming" chair really.. I already have a decent sound setup(logitech z5500) and id only be paying for little extras..

This is ideal for what im looking for:

R-028_black_recliner.1228810481.jpg

Though I reckon it'll be around 400+ for a nice one. I could spend that but id rather not I think ill have a look at some 2nd hand places.

haha yeah especially during the summer

Saw a chair similar to that in Lidl or Aldi on sale this week but there's nothing on thier web sites so you could check that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i work for a stationery co. we sell executive swivel meeting chairs which i find if you buy a really nice one you wont regret it!

if your interested pm me or ask and ill give you the website address.

i also will get you a good price for the chair but just for a fellow boardsie:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i got mine three or four weeks ago in Atlantic homecare for 139.99

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/121272/120615.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i got mine three or four weeks ago in Atlantic homecare for 139.99

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/121272/120615.jpg

Exactly the kind of thing im looking for! Pity we dont have an Atlantic Homecare here in waterford!

Closest to me is cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dazftw wrote: »
    Exactly the kind of thing im looking for! Pity we dont have an Atlantic Homecare here in waterford!

Closest to me is cork!

they also had the in woodies diy for 149.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I got myself a gaming chair!

Very high range one!

Highly recommend one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just a normal chair in the living room right infront of the 42 incher, it swivels :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Got the black version of this 2 years ago off Viking Direct, really good exec chair for gaming. Can tilt back a small bit or be locked, and fully swivels. www.vikingdirect.ie/1/1/10358-niceday-berlin-high-back-leather-faced-chair-cream.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Call me unusual... but I stand!

Often had 4 hour sessions of MW2 and FIFA standing on my feet. Goot training for when the Kinnect comes in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tend to lie on my bed, used to have a recliner, but i rarely used it for gaming. was more of a place for throwing stuff. a clothes chair if you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

We talked about gaming chairs and such things over on the Battlefield IRL xbox 360 thread, a few months back.

I purchased the chair below off ebay for €113 delivered, actually I won it on auction for that. It's normally closer to €200 delivered. Comes in black and brown too.

Have to admit, it's super comfy! Reclines, tilts and swivels. You can recline it almost flat and sleep on it too... which has happened :o

Highly recommended.

I also bought a huge bean bag for gaming too, €60 delivered off ebay too. Also extremely comfortable.

385917862_o.jpg?nc=191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I sit in a Midi Budda Bag. Though when things get hairy I'm often on the edge of it, or kneeling in front of the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I use a bean bag or couch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have a nice comfy 2 seater couch that I tend to sit on for my XBoxing, but also have one of the Viking Direct chairs linked above in Black (they were on sale for something obscene like €30 each) and it's very, very comfy. I'll be sat on that for hours on end when I'm working at my PC and never feel discomfort. My XBox and PC are side by side in my sitting room, so it's easy to swap to the chair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

strongly advise against the xrocker ,the one i have has the chubby bald guy sitting on it in the argos, it was grand for 2 or 3 weeks then all the padding around the butt area just vanished, now if i sit in it for 10 minutes im like joe from family guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

I got this made for my waiting room in work...

img0142m.jpg

Had two old Porsche seats lying around so got two frames knocked up by a customer of mine. Plans are to clean up the seats and dye them a dark grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

ek5gsz.jpg

Advertisement