Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Odd 360 controller problem

• 17-08-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭

After a pretty long break i'm back playing my 360! However before i stopped playing, i remember a problem and unfortunately its still there

Basically, i've got a play and charge kit and it is not charging the rechargeable battery, well not really anyway. What happens is, lets say i havent played it in a couple of days, i go to turn on the controller and it will not work, dead battery presumably, thats ok, so i plug in the play and charge lead, the red light light that indicates charging comes on ok, but only after about 30 seconds, the red light turns green, which indicates that the charge is complete. So lets say i then remove the play and charge lead, after a couple of minutes, obviously, dies of dead battery. Now this might indicate that the rechargeable battery is f**ked, but its not, ye see i had another rechargeable battery which i presumed was f**ked when this problem started, so i bought a new battery and this problem persists! And i dont think its the controller either because i have 2 controllers and the same thing happens with both of them. So at the moment i'm forced to play the 360 with the play and charge lead permanently plugged in:(

Seems very odd to me anyway, its hardly the console itself is it, or is it the play and charge lead?

Any idea's?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

This sounds like a commonly arising issue, with a suggested solution here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Thanks a million!

Had thought this would have been an isolated problem, but i guess its not which is good news

Probably should have just done a search though and i'd have found it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

have you tried leaving it charging for longer? or using it while its plugged in? maybe the light just comes on before its fully charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Hmmm, do the batteries eventually not hold their charge anymore?
    I have a similar problem and thought that this was the case, due to my extensive gaming. I'm gonna try the suggestion to remedy this though. Could be interesting.

Hmmm, do the batteries eventually not hold their charge anymore?
    I have a similar problem and thought that this was the case, due to my extensive gaming. I'm gonna try the suggestion to remedy this though. Could be interesting.

There probably is an element of that on really old or extensively used packs, but from what I gather, there has to be a certain level of charge in the battery before the controller registers that there actually is one connected to charge, and in these instances, where the battery is completely/heavily depleted, it decides that there is no battery, and so stops charging it. Hence unplugging it and replugging it incrementally increases the charge until there is enough in the battery that the controller sees it, and decides to continue charging it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I tried it last night, and it semi-worked. I got about an hour's worth of play out of the controller before it died again and I had to plug it back in.
    Think I'll just buy a new charger pack.

I tried it last night, and it semi-worked. I got about an hour's worth of play out of the controller before it died again and I had to plug it back in.
    Think I'll just buy a new charger pack.

Yeah, sometimes the pack is just degraded or has reduced capacity, but I'd generally recommend to anyone to at least have tried the replugging thing before they splash out on a new one, as it doesn't really cost them except a bit of time, and if it resurrects the battery pack, it saves them a bit of cash, for a while at least.

Advertisement