Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing things you have done in front of a girl/guy you like

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

this story is too good not to be true

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120921191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭HorsesNHarleys

I have had so many embarrassing moments I could write a book on them. But there was this one I still remember like it was yesterday. One night I had dinner with this guy a friend/co-worker had introduced to me. The restaurant he took me to was very elegant and the food was wonderful. The guy was real nice, but a bit rigid. At the time I didn't know if that was his normal personality since I'd only met and spoken with him briefly a few times or whether he was just a little nervous.

As we were sitting there talking about our different interests, they brought us our salads and warm bread to begin our meal. The salads had these beautiful cherry tomatoes. We continued to talk and began eating our salads. I really wasn't paying too much attention to the size of the cherry tomatoes. I took a bite of my salad, which included a rather large cherry tomato. I was trying very hard to chew with my mouth closed, but apparently it had opened just ever so slightly, so that when I bit into the cherry tomato the contents shot out of my mouth and hit this guy right on his forehead just above his eyes. Fortunately, he had been glancing down at his salad at the moment it occurred. I, of course, despite my red face (which was redder than the tomato I had put in my mouth) tried to maintain my decorum by quickly reaching across the table and wiping the insides of the cherry tomato off his forehead with my napkin. I then said as I glanced up, this is a wonderful restaurant, but I just can't believe they let those birds, pretty as they are, fly around freely in here. The look on his face was priceless.:eek: I don't know if he bought it, but every so often, he'd glance around as though he was watching out for those birds.:rolleyes: I just couldn't muster up the courage to tell him that it was my tomato that pegged him between the eyes. Although, I suspect he knew that was what had happened. It was so hard sitting there without wanting to just bust out laughing.

My true friends know anything is likely to happen with me and if your going to take me out to dinner or anywhere else for that matter, you gotta have a sense of humor and maybe even a shield for protection, LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 OkComputerGirl

Did he try to match your fart with an even louder one? Poor guy was probably emasculated!

No it was a tiny quiet girly one..his pride wouldnt have been at stake :P :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

I have had so many embarrassing moments I could write a book on them. But there was this one I still remember like it was yesterday. One night I had dinner with this guy a friend/co-worker had introduced to me. The restaurant he took me to was very elegant and the food was wonderful. The guy was real nice, but a bit rigid. At the time I didn't know if that was his normal personality since I'd only met and spoken with him briefly a few times or whether he was just a little nervous.

As we were sitting there talking about our different interests, they brought us our salads and warm bread to begin our meal. The salads had these beautiful cherry tomatoes. We continued to talk and began eating our salads. I really wasn't paying too much attention to the size of the cherry tomatoes. I took a bite of my salad, which included a rather large cherry tomato. I was trying very hard to chew with my mouth closed, but apparently it had opened just ever so slightly, so that when I bit into the cherry tomato the contents shot out of my mouth and hit this guy right on his forehead just above his eyes. Fortunately, he had been glancing down at his salad at the moment it occurred. I, of course, despite my red face (which was redder than the tomato I had put in my mouth) tried to maintain my decorum by quickly reaching across the table and wiping the insides of the cherry tomato off his forehead with my napkin. I then said as I glanced up, this is a wonderful restaurant, but I just can't believe they let those birds, pretty as they are, fly around freely in here. The look on his face was priceless.:eek: I don't know if he bought it, but every so often, he'd glance around as though he was watching out for those birds.:rolleyes: I just couldn't muster up the courage to tell him that it was my tomato that pegged him between the eyes. Although, I suspect he knew that was what had happened. It was so hard sitting there without wanting to just bust out laughing.

My true friends know anything is likely to happen with me and if your going to take me out to dinner or anywhere else for that matter, you gotta have a sense of humor and maybe even a shield for protection, LOL!!

He sounds like a right uptight fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

This thread is awful...lock it for being full of irrelevance and cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

flyton5 wrote: »
    This thread is awful...lock it for being full of irrelevance and cringe.

Hence it's perfect for the After Hours forum :cool:

The sensible forum is over there
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

gobo99 wrote: »
    pee bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

this story had me in tears! :D

Strong link.

Some of the best stuff on the web comes out of that forum.. There's at least ten classic threads that i've seen. No homo.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

Strong link.

Some of the best stuff on the web comes out of that forum.. There's at least ten classic threads that i've seen. No homo.

links please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

links please :)

Most are here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Only the usual tripping/stumbling a bit. I've been pretty lucky then so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i started talking

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

When I was about 14 I got an email from this quiz website saying that the fella I was texting/flirting with blah blah blah had completed a quiz and entered my email address for them to send me the quiz to check our compatibility, They said all the answers were confidential and I thought it was just a little bit of fun.....

cue answering loads of really embarrassing questions about sex, body, masturbation, emotions......quiz done...click submit and up pops this message saying we hope you don't mind but this has been forwarded to your crush haha isn't that so funny kind of thing:eek::eek::eek:

I was absolutely mortified, I actually thought it was really cruel and I know I was stupid for filling it in but hey I was only 14 and to top it all I was suffering with social anxiety at the time which just made it 4 trillion times worse and I really thought I would die of embarrassment!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I then said as I glanced up, this is a wonderful restaurant, but I just can't believe they let those birds, pretty as they are, fly around freely in here. The look on his face was priceless.:eek: I don't know if he bought it, but every so often, he'd glance around as though he was watching out for those birds.

Did he seriously believe that the resturant allowed birds to fly around ****ting on people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

cc-offe wrote: »
    When I was about 14 I got an email from this quiz website saying that the fella I was texting/flirting with blah blah blah had completed a quiz and entered my email address for them to send me the quiz to check our compatibility, They said all the answers were confidential and I thought it was just a little bit of fun.....

cue answering loads of really embarrassing questions about sex, body, masturbation, emotions......quiz done...click submit and up pops this message saying we hope you don't mind but this has been forwarded to your crush haha isn't that so funny kind of thing:eek::eek::eek:

I was absolutely mortified, I actually thought it was really cruel and I know I was stupid for filling it in but hey I was only 14 and to top it all I was suffering with social anxiety at the time which just made it 4 trillion times worse and I really thought I would die of embarrassment!! :)

:eek:

Ahhh what happened then did he tell everyone your answers??

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

Worst story on this topic I know of doesnt involve me....I heard it about a girl I know...an extremely attractive one at that.

So the story goes, that she had a one night stand with some guy and ended up back in his place. He had to go to work the next morning, so that was grand, he said just let yourself out.

So she got ready to go, but first she needed to take a dump and did so. However, the toilet would not flush whatever log she had left there. For some inexplicable reason, she decided it would not be very ladylike to leave a turd in this guys toilet, so she got a load of tissue paper and took it out and wrapped it in more toilet paper, got her stuff together and left.

Only when she left the house she did not have the turd with her. She realised that she had gone back to the bedroom to get her bag or something and left the turd on this guys bed.

You can only imagine this guys reaction coming home from work to find a turd wrapped in a load of toilet paper sitting in his bed. I imagine it had been there long enough to cause quite the stench!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A girl i liked for along time invited me back to her place after a night out..her housemate was in the gaff so we decided to make some cocktails..my speciality was vodka,champagne and orange juice(they had very little orange juice).

Basicly a whole bottle of champagne went into a jug with most of a bottle of vodka,and about three glasses of orange juice to sweeten the brew.
    I poured threee glasses and demaned that they down the "cocktail" in one..the housemate did,the girl i liked took one sip and decided it tasted like paint stripper so she went off to do something else whilst the two of us polished off the jug of this crap in about ten minutes.

When she came back into the room,the housemate was trying to sing guns n roses whilst i played air guitar with a broom..she had no idea we'd drank almost all of the jug and as she asked me for somethinng i fell backwards,tripped over the table into the wall,slid down it and remained motionless with a glass of this cocktail splattered over me and every inch of the kitchen.

That was probably the second time in my life i'd been that drunk and there i was trying to make a good impression on this hot girl..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

mectavba wrote: »
    Worst story on this topic I know of doesnt involve me....I heard it about a girl I know...an extremely attractive one at that.

So the story goes, that she had a one night stand with some guy and ended up back in his place. He had to go to work the next morning, so that was grand, he said just let yourself out.

So she got ready to go, but first she needed to take a dump and did so. However, the toilet would not flush whatever log she had left there. For some inexplicable reason, she decided it would not be very ladylike to leave a turd in this guys toilet, so she got a load of tissue paper and took it out and wrapped it in more toilet paper, got her stuff together and left.

Only when she left the house she did not have the turd with her. She realised that she had gone back to the bedroom to get her bag or something and left the turd on this guys bed.

You can only imagine this guys reaction coming home from work to find a turd wrapped in a load of toilet paper sitting in his bed. I imagine it had been there long enough to cause quite the stench!

i've heard this story before... think its an urban myth tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Degsy wrote: »
    A girl i liked for along time invited me back to her place after a night out..her housemate was in the gaff so we decided to make some cocktails..my speciality was vodka,champagne and orange juice(they had very little orange juice).

Basicly a whole bottle of champagne went into a jug with most of a bottle of vodka,and about three glasses of orange juice to sweeten the brew.
    I poured threee glasses and demaned that they down the "cocktail" in one..the housemate did,the girl i liked took one sip and decided it tasted like paint stripper so she went off to do something else whilst the two of us polished off the jug of this crap in about ten minutes.
    When she came back into the room,the housemate was trying to sing guns n roses whilst i played air guitar with a broom..she had no idea we'd drank almost all of the jug and as she asked me for somethinng i fell backwards,tripped over the table into the wall,slid down it and remained motionless with a glass of this cocktail splattered over me and every inch of the kitchen.
    That was probably the second time in my life i'd been that drunk and there i was trying to make a good impression on this hot girl..

ah your poor thing, getting drunk in front of someone you fancy to impress them is not always the best thing! Can go the opposite!

I have been very fortunate I haven't done anything too embarrassing in front of someone I fancy only in front of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    :eek:

Ahhh what happened then did he tell everyone your answers??

Luckily noone ever mentioned it to me but i'm sure he told his male friends, we all hung around together so i'd like to think he would have kept it in the group rather than telling absolutely everyone :o I am actually still mortified at the thought of it :o:o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

mectavba wrote: »

Urban myth that comes in different variations, still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

was at the cinema with a girl I really liked and the bloody flimsy cardboard popcorn holder ripped at the point where I was holding it. (between index and thumb, weight of the popcorn in it and the small area I was holding it was too much!) anyway, popcorn everywhere. She didn't mind but it was made all the worse because it was our first time out together not with our mutual friends, so it felt more like a date, and i was trying to play it cool :) fail!

another time me and a friend met some ladies in a nightclub, they wanted to go to another place around the corner so asked myself and my friend to go with them. So exit the nightclub we did. It had been raining heavily and was still raining a little so we ran across the street, I jumped up on the curb but landed on a metal cellar cover. It was like ice with all the rain and my momentum didn't help matters either. Cue what my friend later described as a slip you would only see in a cartoon, 2 feet straight in the air, landed in a heap. Was up like a shot, but the damage had been done. I dismissed myself back to the 1st nightclub, my friend arrived back a few minutes later saying they couldn't get into the other place. Didn't really care about going in a heap because they were complete strangers, still a bit embarrassing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

i posted this before, here's the full story :o

Hmm, doggy? Do I know you??:eek:

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hmm, doggy? Do I know you??:eek:

hehe.. well you're definitely not the lad anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

hehe.. well you're definitely not the lad anyway :p

Hmm, how can you be so sure??:p

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hmm, how can you be so sure??:p

well he wouldn't be near a computer, never mind boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Asking a girl out that i liked on her last day in work...I knew I couldn't chicken out so even the fact that her mum was walking her home didn't put me off...it was really funny but it didn't have a happy ending :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭HorsesNHarleys

Noopti wrote: »
    Did he seriously believe that the resturant allowed birds to fly around ****ting on people?

I don't know whether he actually did or not, he was such an uptight guy with no sense of humor, I never went out with him again to find out.

He should consider himself lucky though, at least he stayed dry. Some other friends invited me to their house to have dinner and meet this guy that had just joined their band. My friends have a big fluffy white haired cat called Snowball. They don't have any children so Snowball is spoiled and they let it do what it wants. I don't know how other folks are but I don't let my animals onto the dining table.

We were sitting down at the candle lit table eating dinner when out of nowhere Snowball decides to leap onto the back of my chair and shoulder. It startled me so bad, I sort of shrieked and leaned forward. The cat quickly scatted off onto the table, and as it did, it's tail went through the lit candle and with a poof the thing took off. This all happened so quickly, that I guess it was just a knee jerk reaction, I had grabbed my glass of water and tossed towards the cat to put out it's tail, but she'd taken off a split second before the water came out of my glass and hit their new band member sitting across from me.:eek::eek: I wanted to crawl under the table at that point I was so embarrassed.:o:o

But it all ended well. At least he had a sense of humor about the whole thing. My friends had jumped up to get their cat and make sure it was okay and wasn't smoldering somewhere. After we all sat back down at the table, which sort of looked like a hurricane had hit it, we laughed the rest of the night about it.:D:D:D

Advertisement