Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost engagement ring, on beach

Options
  • 17-08-2010 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

i lost my engagement ring on a beach in mayo on sunday, and after two days searching cannot find it. am due to get married next year. anyone any ideas? hired out a metal detector yesterday that seemed to be quite weak, just detecting my mother's ring when it was nearly on top of it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get a stronger metal detector?
    What beach in Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Carol25 wrote: »
    just detecting my mother's ring when it was nearly on top of it!

hee hee :pac:

Sorry, couldn't help it!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Carol25

it was a beach near louisbough. trying to track down somewhere that does stronger metal detectors, with no luck so far. anyone know of somewhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You're doing the right thing based on past form..
    First post on boards, ideally in the Mayo forum
    Then someone will come to your aid with a strong metal detector
    Finally the ring will be found and your mug will be splashed on front of the Mayo News.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

This.

• Advertisement

Galway city -> Mayo Beach, in case someone takes a stroll on Cross Beach.

See if you can get a lend of the metal detector last used (see thread above). It has a perfect record this far.

posted to galway city as there are far more viewers online here than mayo. i'm located in galway city and want info on detectors, thought this would be a better place to look for one. as for the other thread...great for her.

Moved back as OP wants the use of a metal detector here in Galway.

Im just back from having a look in maplin. Im not sure if they are powerful enough there to find a ring that might be below a few inches of wet sand by now.
    I'd love to find out how deep her ring was when she found it. The tide has come in out 5 times since I lost it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hi Carol - You're welcome to borrow my detector. It worked out well for Antoinette.
    PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Can't you buy a metal detector in Maplin?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Even better buy the one in Argos then return it for a refund when you're finished with it, bwahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Hi all,
    Please be constructive with advice. You have no idea of the gut-wrenching feelings I went through. I was physically sick for the two days my ring was missing.
    Dilallio, you are so good to offer your detector again. You are such a gentleman.
    OP, sent PM, if I can help you in any way please let me know.

Also, make sure you get times of the tide and go when it's well out. My ring was in the same area where we had been sitting. And the weather is still mild so I am feeling very positive that you will have good luck.

A.

thanks antonf and dilallio for your help and contribution :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

there is about a medium tide at present, you would want to action this asap before the high tide gets any bigger.

best of luck, let us know how you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

yeah fair play to ya dilallio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bluebug1

Any luck findin the ring guys?? :)

Advertisement