Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO sightings North Wicklow

Options
  • 17-08-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello , just wondering if anybody out there has seen strange craft travelling at great speeds in North Wicklow ( Roundwood ) or anywhere else in Ireland for that matter in the last month?. I've witnessed craft with and without flashing lights crossing the night sky in ways and speeds that airplanes and helicopters could not move. Some fly much higher than the passenger aircraft that are flying.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

How can you tell the altitude they are flying at?

How are they moving?

There is an aviation forum, it would be wise to put your query there as well to see what was known to be happening in that area of the sky in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Can you give a detailed description from first sight to them disappearing? As much as you can, date, time, sighting location, number of witnesses etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

Ziycon wrote: »
    Can you give a detailed description from first sight to them disappearing? As much as you can, date, time, sighting location, number of witnesses etc?

I've moved to the aviation forum with this query. But to answer your question the first one I noticed moved away from an aeroplane in a South Easterly direction , I did not see a point of origin. Each object appeared to move in a curve or large arc and then disappear. Shortly afterwards two stationary bright lights flashed brightly and then disappeared in the Southern sky. It was about 11.30 - 12.00 pm last Saturday in Roundwood ( Don't know exact townland ). There were two witnesses ( both sober :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Hello , just wondering if anybody out there has seen strange craft travelling at great speeds in North Wicklow ( Roundwood ) or anywhere else in Ireland for that matter in the last month?. I've witnessed craft with and without flashing lights crossing the night sky in ways and speeds that airplanes and helicopters could not move. Some fly much higher than the passenger aircraft that are flying.
    As grimes pointed out, i think you saw a satellite..they move at a fast speed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

unless it was moving radically in different directions?

Advertisement