Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yeah, it's supposed to be great! I wonder will we share any history lectures with other courses? Histpol looks fascinating, we do it on our Erasmus year, but in a foreign language :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bookmarked

HI! :D Anyone here doing Human Health & Disease??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Janette1

Bookmarked wrote: »
    HI! :D Anyone here doing Human Health & Disease??

Me! :D Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Pfft, what does he know!? :pac:

True! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ColRyan

Literally just accepted Pharmacy! See y'all there! Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bookmarked

Janette1 wrote: »
    Me! :D Can't wait!

hey! cool!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

zam wrote: »
    With the ones like "award for the highest grade in blah in the Leaving Cert", how do they know? I didn't know they got to see percentages. :S
    where do you find out information about awards for highest marks in a subject in the leaving cert are there awards for subjects like biology and chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

ColRyan wrote: »
    Literally just accepted Pharmacy! See y'all there! Can't wait.

I'm doing pharmacy too, see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 blue10

EmilyO wrote: »
    Not technically a histpoller, I'll be doing European Studies but History and Political Science and History were my second and third choices .

I like history :pac:

I'm doing european studies too :)
    What languages have u chosen?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Bit OT but do any of you have any recommendations for where to hire a Tux?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Black Tie is ok. They can be a bit expensive but they get the job done

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Black Tie is good alright. But if you're planning on wearing a tux more than 3 times, (if you plan on attending Trinity Ball, or becoming particularly involved with the Phil or the Hist) then you'd be as well off buying one.

Was thinking about buying one but I dont really have the cash and TBH I'm not gonna use one except this once, bloody debs. Already €170 out of pocket and thats just the tickets:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Was thinking about buying one but I dont really have the cash and TBH I'm not gonna use one except this once, bloody debs. Already €170 out of pocket and thats just the tickets:rolleyes:
    You might be surprised by how frequently tuxes are required. Or suits, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

How much are you talking to rent/buy a tux?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

(Sorry to quickly interrupt the tux convo :P)

Is it acceptable to join a sports club if you're not experienced/don't plan on training too much/aren't competitive? I'd like to do athletics but I've never been in an athletics club before or anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

zam wrote: »
    (Sorry to quickly interrupt the tux convo :P)

Is it acceptable to join a sports club if you're not experienced/don't plan on training too much/aren't competitive? I'd like to do athletics but I've never been in an athletics club before or anything..

I think it really depends on the club, for example Rugby are fairly serious and I don't think you'd have much chance getting in with them unless you're pretty good and have been playing for years.

Other clubs are more accepting of less experienced members, generally individual sports rather than team sports (I know the martial arts clubs are full of fairly casual people as well as those that take it super seriously), so you'll probably be good for athletics...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I think it really depends on the club, for example Rugby are fairly serious and I don't think you'd have much chance getting in with them unless you're pretty good and have been playing for years.

Other clubs are more accepting of less experienced members, generally individual sports rather than team sports (I know the martial arts clubs are full of fairly casual people as well as those that take it super seriously), so you'll probably be good for athletics...
    Ah crap. Guessing GAA fits in there too then. Please don't say the ultimate frisbee people arn't casual about it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

theowen wrote: »
    Ah crap. Guessing GAA fits in there too then. Please don't say the ultimate frisbee people arn't casual about it:p

Please stop posting rubbish consecutively in each thread, your username is very irritating also .

Now back on topic, I hope to join martial arts of some description, and is there a wild-life society anyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Please stop posting rubbish consecutively in each thread, your username is very irritating also .
    lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Now back on topic, I hope to join martial arts of some description, and is there a wild-life society anyone?
    Arse hole. Made me feel very defensive there for a sec, before I remembered something someone said about trolls. No, I'll be self-conscoius about my posts instead from now on...:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

BAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD

You might be surprised by how frequently tuxes are required. Or suits, at least.

Yeah, I was thinking a suit would be, a tux not so much, but for this a tux is mandatory.

Arse hole. Made me feel very defensive there for a sec, before I remembered something someone said about trolls. No, I'll be self-conscoius about my posts instead from now on...:(

listen to me you little immature wimp, lose that cheeky attitude or you will lose your teeth if I come across you in TCD.

banhammer15gq9.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

listen to me you little immature wimp, lose that cheeky attitude or you will lose your teeth if I come across you in TCD.
    Why are you jumping at each others throats? Relax or there will be bans.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Why are you jumping at each others throats? Relax or there will be bans.

He started being abusive because I pointed out there was no need for him to post inappropriate things in most threads in the forum.

I do find his username irritating, sorry about that.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

blubloblu wrote: »
    How much are you talking to rent/buy a tux?

ON the tux convo- Black tie do deals every year, sell off the ex rental suits, got mine for 99 quid last year. Buy them at home, not in dublin if you can, they'll give shirts and all if you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

I'm interrupting the Tux hour, but I have a genuine question about TCD.

Are there lockers? Are they given out to everyone or do you have to pay rent of one or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

I know for a fact that the GAA will take anybody! There were two English guys and a Spaniard on one of the teams a couple of years ago! The GAA is great for meeting new people and for "havin' the craic!"

Go for it! :)

Advertisement