Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Aoiferz wrote: »
    Has anyone in Science got anything from Trinity yet?

I feel like I'm waiting for a guy to call me back after a date.
    WHY HASN'T HE CALLED? :p

Not me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

That's grand, as long as I'm not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

AH92 wrote: »
    General nursing for me but kinda disappointed that the nursing building is outside the trinity campus :(
    Where is the building?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Has anyone in Science got anything from Trinity yet?

I feel like I'm waiting for a guy to call me back after a date.
    WHY HASN'T HE CALLED? :p

I got a giro for the registration & sports centre fee, but I didn't get the orientation pack neither :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doritogasm

The_Joker. wrote: »
    I got a giro for the registration & sports centre fee, but I didn't get the orientation pack neither :pac:

And I got the orientation booklet but no giro :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Doritogasm wrote: »
    And I got the orientation booklet but no giro :eek:

Would you like to swap? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Purple_Haze

I'm doing Business and Computing. Im wondering why does my course's registration take place on the Thursday while everybody elses is on the Monday. Seems really odd to me that our 'Sports Tour' happens before registration. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm doing Business and Computing. Im wondering why does my course's registration take place on the Thursday while everybody elses is on the Monday. Seems really odd to me that our 'Sports Tour' happens before registration. :confused:

We(CompScience) are due to register at 9.15 on Thursday too, so it must be an IT/Informatics thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MarielleJ

All the courses have them on different days (http://www.tcd.ie/vp-cao/sro/vpsroregp.php) some don't even register until Friday. It's probably just to keep things from getting too packed. Mine's not on Monday either so I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you. :)

MarielleJ wrote: »
    All the courses have them on different days (http://www.tcd.ie/vp-cao/sro/vpsroregp.php) some don't even register until Friday. It's probably just to keep things from getting too packed. Mine's not on Monday either so I wouldn't be too worried about it if I were you. :)

Oh, I see now :D
    Thanks for clearing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sazdestar

kiddykat wrote: »
    general nursing, so happy

I got general nursing too.. I'm in the Adelaide hospital :D

theowen wrote: »
    Where is the building?:confused:

The nursing building is on D'olier street which is right beside the actual campus :D

sazdestar wrote: »
    The nursing building is on D'olier street which is right beside the actual campus :D

Beside Twenty One isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Saviola wrote: »
    Haven't received mine yet but im dying for it to come, anyway who doesn't like filling in loads of forms......

hey guys,i heard some letter comes from the cao with a part A,B and c and u have to return part b or something?Im out of the country at the moment,is it really necessary to send it back?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

Anthony16 wrote: »
    hey guys,i heard some letter comes from the cao with a part A,B and c and u have to return part b or something?Im out of the country at the moment,is it really necessary to send it back?
    cheers

Have you accepted your course offer online? If you have then its not necessary. Its just a way of accepting your place by post instead of on the CAO website

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

Have you accepted your course offer online? If you have then its not necessary. Its just a way of accepting your place by post instead of on the CAO website

Yes accepted it online.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I recieved an orientation booklet with general information and some forms for Fees etc but no registration forms as such

Is this the only material I should have received - should I have recieved anything else and will I be reciving anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

Me too. :D Love the timetable, bet it changes to include a few 9am mornings which would involve almostnever crawling out of bed at 6 or so for the 7am bus... <_< Wonder what way seminars and stuff are added onto the timetable, too. T'will be interesting to see how it pans out, looking forward to it all though! :)

Well for the first term you will have Legal Skills class starting on week one , well maybe two depending on what group your in. You'll get a booklet about it during freshers week and will have weekly work to do for it. This class works like seminar. The Seminars start four weeks into term. You'll usually have one on one week and two on the next with it rotating like that till the end of term.

For essays you'll have a really small for legal skills which counts for nothing. And over Christmas you'll have one counting for 20% in constitutional law. Word of advice try do this before the holidays (you get the titles in the 1 st class) as its no fun writing an essay over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tehPOK

Hey to all the Engineering guys, do you reckon I could get away with not doing that Chemistry course, as I've never done Chemistry before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Deaddude wrote: »
    I recieved an orientation booklet with general information and some forms for Fees etc but no registration forms as such

Is this the only material I should have received - should I have recieved anything else and will I be reciving anything else?

Yeah I didn't get a bank giro or anything like that, maybe they don't send them all out in the one go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pocket aces

tehPOK wrote: »
    Hey to all the Engineering guys, do you reckon I could get away with not doing that Chemistry course, as I've never done Chemistry before?

I'd recommend doing it, as the course starts assuming you have a decent knowledge of chemistry. That being said, you could be able to get away with it, depending on how much work you put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tehPOK

I'd recommend doing it, as the course starts assuming you have a decent knowledge of chemistry. That being said, you could be able to get away with it, depending on how much work you put in.
    Cheers :) I think I might just do it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kiddykat

I got general nursing too.. I'm in the Adelaide hospital :D

i've got james's down as my first choice so heres hoping....went up yesterday and had a look around trinity for the first time knowing i was going there....was kinda weird :D

Beside Twenty One isn't it?

I'm not really sure but Grafton Street is on the left hand side and the nursing building is on the street to the right... I think.. that's how I ppicked it up on google maps anyways :)

I'm not really sure but Grafton Street is on the left hand side and the nursing building is on the street to the right... I think.. that's how I ppicked it up on google maps anyways :)

Yeah, I was there the other day. It's right beside the night club :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kiddykat

Yeah, I was there the other day. It's right beside the night club :D

it looks quite cool though! bus to trinity hall also stops there at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I am envisaging Freshers' Week being intimidating for the ickle firsties. I can see myself just sticking with everyone I already know...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Spent the day strolling around Trinity, it was bigger and better than I had remembered! Can't wait to get started now, think i'm doing the Chemistry course first so i'll have to wait a little less :)

Spent the day strolling around Trinity, it was bigger and better than I had remembered! Can't wait to get started now, think i'm doing the Chemistry course first so i'll have to wait a little less :)

Agreed, it's a bit of a step up from the comfort zone of a small secondary school. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Agreed, it's a bit of a step up from the comfort zone of a small secondary school. :rolleyes:

Yeah it definitely is! I've a feeling i'm going to get a bit lost, it's HUGE. I know how to get to the Science buildings but if i've to go anywhere else I will definintely need a map :cool:

Advertisement