Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting College 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Spent the day strolling around Trinity, it was bigger and better than I had remembered! Can't wait to get started now, think i'm doing the Chemistry course first so i'll have to wait a little less :)
    Can you do that? I thought you needed an id card or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

theowen wrote: »

Just don't go skulking inside the buildings and you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nah, campus is public access, dunno if you'd even get asked going into many of the buildings, though dont hold me to that one.

You'd need a student card to swipe into 80% of them though. Not that there's anything of major interest in them tbh.

Thanks:rolleyes: While I'm at it...how would I get to the building that does the blood tests from the main entrance (also what building does the blood tests):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Starting BESS, anyone else starting it - PM me :)

If CS fellas are doing a weekly LAN, count me in too!

Thanks:rolleyes: While I'm at it...how would I get to the building that does the blood tests from the main entrance (also what building does the blood tests):)

I presume it's the health centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Purple_Haze

Is it just me or do all the buildings in there look the same? :cool:
    Everywhere I go in there, there seems to be four identical buildings looking at me and a bit of grass in the middle. ;)

Is it just me or do all the buildings in there look the same? :cool:
    Everywhere I go in there, there seems to be four identical buildings looking at me and a bit of grass in the middle. ;)
    Thought you were talking about UCD there for a second...

Don't diss UCD's beautiful, austere, elegant, campus. It's a feast for the senses. ;)

• Advertisement

Tragedy wrote: »
    Starting BESS, anyone else starting it - PM me :)
    Hahahaha, I know somebody in the course, pity you being stuck with her for 4 years.
    Tragedy wrote: »
    If CS fellas are doing a weekly LAN, count me in too!
    Sign up for Netsoc and that other one beginning with a D for all the LANs by the sound of it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rorschachman

Hey there - thought I'd post a link to the (wildly unsuccessful) facebook group I set up:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1040415675#!/group.php?gid=145055135528801&ref=ts

I got in for BESS a couple of years back, but decided to reapply - now I'm doing PPES. Let the battle of the initialisms begin!

Hahahaha, I know somebody in the course, pity you being stuck with her for 4 years.
    Hah, I look forward to it :pac:
    Sign up for Netsoc and that other one beginning with a D for all the LANs by the sound of it:)
    Ah man, I was going to DIT Netsoc lans 10 years ago. I feel old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

All societies should start with a D, seeing as it's Dublin University

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 leinster2010

Psychology anyone? :)
    Fingers crossed for Trinity Hall tomorrow!
    Dunno where I'll be staying if I don't get it :pac:

gearoidof wrote: »
    All societies should start with a D, seeing as it's Dublin University

:p

Its DUCSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Guys I still haven't got a fee bank giro in the post yet.. Anyone else not got theirs? I got the orientation pack about a week ago.. I'm a bit worried, any advice on what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Guys I still haven't got a fee bank giro in the post yet.. Anyone else not got theirs? I got the orientation pack about a week ago.. I'm a bit worried, any advice on what to do?

Ring up admissions tomorrow. Simples. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Larianne wrote: »
    Ring up admissions tomorrow. Simples. :)

Will do that.. Thanks! Not so hot at all these formalities..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah, i'm pretty sure you can. No one stopped me anyway!

Edit, sorry didn't see it was already answered. I stayed away from the buildings so I guess I was allowed after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭graceknowsstuff

Yaaay, college. :)
    Drama and Theatre Studies, anyone? I haven't read through this whole thing, but there's only going to be, like, 16 of us so I haven't been expecting to see everyone on Boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

No haven't got mine either, and neither has anyone I've talked to. I'm going to go by a 'it'll get here when it gets here' policy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Can we not just pay it online without the giro?

Saviola wrote: »
    Can we not just pay it online without the giro?
    Yes!

Sorry to seem really uninformed but what exactly is the giro for? Is it to pay the registration fees? Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WhosUpDocs

Sorry to seem really uninformed but what exactly is the giro for? Is it to pay the registration fees? Thanks :D

Yup exactly. But you can pay it online at epay.tcd.ie (IIRC please correct me if I'm wrong). So which ever is easiest for you. For anyone with a grant you have to pay and apply to have it refunded by your council which can take FOREVER! Pain in the ass...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

WhosUpDocs wrote: »
    Yup exactly. But you can pay it online at epay.tcd.ie (IIRC please correct me if I'm wrong). So which ever is easiest for you. For anyone with a grant you have to pay and apply to have it refunded by your council which can take FOREVER! Pain in the ass...

Not if you already have a letter from your local authority saying that you will be receiving a grant. Just bring that letter to the fees office and they'll scan it to your file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Not if you already have a letter from your local authority saying that you will be receiving a grant. Just bring that letter to the fees office and they'll scan it to your file.

Do you have to wait until registration day to present that letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The_Joker. wrote: »
    Do you have to wait until registration day to present that letter?

No do it asap so they know at registration its all in order. Thats what I was told to do last year by the fees office and everything was dandy.

• Advertisement

Ok I think I understand now :D
    I still have not recieved any notification of whether or not my grant application has been accepted. Does anybody know when they let you know whether you got the grant or not? Like, do they usually let you know before you register? Thanks a million :D

Advertisement