Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barracks Legal Officer

• 17-08-2010 4:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Stupid question as I could check with my company office, but does each barracks here in the Country have a legal officer? I'm not in trouble or expect any, but I have a few questions that may require legal advice, but again it does not involve any trouble for me or anyone else.

I have a contact for the Director of legal services but I don't want to go to him directly just incase it incures some wrath that I particularly don't want from my Company Commander. PM me if ye have any direct information as I am a member of the reserves serving in Athlone barracks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

touch base with your Brigade Legal Officer in Custume Bks, Athlone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks, I'll pop in during the week and get in contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

benwavner wrote: »
    touch base with your Brigade Legal Officer in Custume Bks, Athlone.

I was going to PM the OP with this message but I think it's important that it should be made on the thread considering the advice given above....

The Brigade Legal Officer or any other legal officer in the DF is not there to advise any individual soliders on legal matters; civilian or military. In the case of the Brigade Legal Officer, he/she is the legal advisor to the GOC. I certainly would not advise any individual solider contacting any BLO directly. As for any solider ringing the DLS.... I couldn't begin to describe how much of a bad idea that would be.

Advertisement