Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Dre Detox (new track)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    well what would you call a good album? If you say lil wayne or drake you have a lot to learn on the hip hop front.

And what did you not like about illmatic, almost every rap fan i've ever met has loved it, but you think chris brown is good so that could be why nas' type of rap doesn't appeal to you.

Everyone has different taste and different opinions. You cant force someone to like something they dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Everyone has different taste and different opinions. You cant force someone to like something they dont.

I never intended to do that, i'm just astounded that he thinks illmatic is the worst album he's ever heard, he's probably only saying it because he's never heard of it if he thinks chris brown is hip hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

well what would you call a good album? If you say lil wayne or drake you have a lot to learn on the hip hop front.

And what did you not like about illmatic, almost every rap fan i've ever met has loved it, but you think chris brown is good so that could be why nas' type of rap doesn't appeal to you.
    im joking, illmatic was great plus i dont like drake or lil wayne.

my favourite rappers is Eminem and 2pac. both are genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I'd love for Ice Cube to be on the album, feeling he won't be though. Probably Lil' Wayne instead.

I'd love for Ice Cube to be on the album, feeling he won't be though. Probably Lil' Wayne instead.

So would i man, he's my favourite rapper, Lil wayne will most likely be on it, along with many other people who shouldn't be on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He was on the up in smoke tour after 2001 the album so maybe he will be on Detox?

Who knows if it will even get released.

Theres only 3 albums coming out this year that i want to buy and this is one of them, if it actually does come out this year...

Theres only 3 albums coming out this year that i want to buy and this is one of them, if it actually does come out this year...

What are the other 2?

What are the other 2?

undisputed - DMX
    Napalm - Xzibit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

was a huge cube fan, but lets be honest, hes not what he was, id love him on for sentimental/nostalgia reasons, but musically, nah.

• Advertisement

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    was a huge cube fan, but lets be honest, hes not what he was, id love him on for sentimental/nostalgia reasons, but musically, nah.

oh yeah im sure lil wayne and rick ross have more to bring to detox than ice cube does :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

id be very surprised if dre put cube on detox, i dont think their relationship is the best anymore tbh.

cube couldnt even get a dre beat for his last album, dre just ignored him after cube reached out.

personally id love too see cube on detox, but realistically it isnt going to happen but look stranger things have happened i.e officer ross and dre.

would be great too see all the west coast pioneers on on one track together though in a sort of tribute to what they all achieved, a bit like a star is born by jay z on bp3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'd be surprised if Cube was on the album, I just get the impression that Dre doesn't really want anything to do with him tbh. But, I remember a while back (maybe a year and a half) Dre was in the studio with Cube, Game and Snoop so you never know, maybe he has recorded 1 or 2 things for Detox over the last few years but the chances that Dre will actually use them aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

dont think detox will ever come out

dont think detox will ever come out

I say it will eventually come out, but probably around 2016 or 2017. Waaaaaaaay too late, now is just Waaaay too late. (only 4 a's.)

Everyone's bubble is burst now, imagine then.

But it is Dre, 80's Dre still sounds good….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Been following this thread for ages now, first post.

I can't believe it's March, 2012, and we don't have Detox.

For me Kush, young world, topless and (yes) under pressure are bangers.. But some might not even make it on the cd.

funkyflea wrote: »
    For me Kush, young world, topless and (yes) under pressure are bangers.. But some might not even make it on the cd.

Young World might be on the CD, the rest definitely won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

funkyflea wrote: »
    Been following this thread for ages now, first post.

I can't believe it's March, 2012, and we don't have Detox.

Ye it's hard to Belive this thread was started 2 years ago now when news of the under pressure song started to circulate.

Kush is a nice song, young world should be a banger considering the original by slick rick is class along with a pretty good version from nas.

I enjoyed topless taught it was a banger, agree their. Wasn't mad about under pressure though, to me it just didn't feel like a dre track and was a bit of a letdown but I think that's when dre was playing around the idea of detox being a high tempo album and I think that idea is scrapped now anyway.

Thank f*ck INAD is scrapped though well at least I hope so, that song was cringeworthy from dre IMO , the hook just ruined it and made it like that. The concept behind the actual song was good though wouldn't mind detox having a similar concept!.

• Advertisement

I know why the album has been delayed for the past 2 years, Eminem broke his left hand.

I know why the album has been delayed for the past 2 years, Eminem broke his left hand.

Can we try to stop the pointless posts and bad jokes and just keep on topic with real news, info and discussion regarding the album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

this album will never come out

This will come out and we will all love it.

I loved INAD (if only for literally hoping for anymore dre and em but the beat and concept and video were good too)

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Can we try to stop the pointless posts and bad jokes and just keep on topic with real news, info and discussion regarding the album?

It wasn't just a joke, it was a criticism at Dre.

Yes, lets keep on discussing when the album will come out.

How do you propose we do that? there isn't even any hints as to when it's coming out. discussing when it comes out is just another reason for pointless comments.

How do you propose we do that? there isn't even any hints as to when it's coming out. discussing when it comes out is just another reason for pointless comments.

Why don't you stop making pointless posts.

Why don't you stop making pointless posts.

There was a clear point in my post there, you must have missed it.

There was a clear point in my post there, you must have missed it.

I said why don't you stop making pointless posts.

You must have missed it.

• Advertisement

I said why don't you stop making pointless posts.

You must have missed it.

Give it a ****ing rest, every one of your posts is pointless.

Advertisement