Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Dre Detox (new track)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Danow247 wrote: »
    New Kush remix out today with the game! have to say I like games verse! hopefully this gets him some buzz as i really want a release date for RED

here is the link for the download:

http://www.limelinx.com/files/25f03dbafa2ee4d32a510b821124b2c7
    Thanks a lot for that, Game goes hard. Hopefully this will be the version on Detox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

New Kush remix out today with the game! have to say I like games verse! hopefully this gets him some buzz as i really want a release date for RED

here is the link for the download:

http://www.limelinx.com/files/25f03dbafa2ee4d32a510b821124b2c7

ye thats a good verse, jay rocks spits a good version of it. hopefully more west coast rappers will follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

so who was Dre's ghostwriter for this song? My guess is Budden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

evil_seed wrote: »
    so who was Dre's ghostwriter for this song? My guess is Budden

a guy called Slim Da Mobster apparently.

snoop-dre-kush-475x316.jpg

dr dre and snoop dogg on set of kush video

Dr. Dre made good on his promise to deliver Detox music before Christmas, but fans are also going to get a video. The West Coast icon and Snoop Dogg pose together in the first official photo from the set of “Kush,” the first release from his long-awaited opus. The clip, which also features Akon, was directed by Joseph Kahn and is expected to debut this month.

While Dre has released the smokers’ anthem to iTunes, he doesn’t want fans to judge the project on the initial offering. “It’s about weed smoking and I don’t want people to think that that’s what my album is about,” he told Power 106’s Big Boy. “This is actually the only song with that type of content in it. It’s not a representation of what the album is.”

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/12/06/first-look-dr-dre-snoop-dogg-on-set-of-kush-video/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Ok so this could actually happen,this is great,the beginning of what could be something epic.

good stuff was expecting a bit more from the video considering the hype surrounding detox.

but still at least da owl car is on the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Interesting video, like the way everything is frozen.

Dre is looking seriously beefed. Didn't think he was that big. The jacket looks painted on him.

Can't wait to hear more tracks from Detox now.

Must say I love the diamonds Snoop has at the end of his dreads. The man just oozes class and coolness so effortlessly ha

• Advertisement

Have seen this on a couple of forums today, more than likely a fake but there could be some truth to it (I think the Denzel Washington features would be good?). First I've seen though, though I hope to god that "I Need A Doctor" isn't on there. Sorry but it's just not good enough for Detox.
    1) The Intervention ( intro ) ( Denzel Wahington )

2) Kush ( feat Snoop Dogg , Akon, Sly )

3) Compton wayz ( feat Game , Kendrick Lamar )

4) Next Chapter

5) Time Flies (feat Ice Cube , Xzibit )

6) Bad Dreams

7) Trials and Tribulations ( feat La Roux and Nas )

8 ) The End Nears ( feat 50 cent and Eminem )

9) Celebrate You ( feat Beyonce )

10 ) I Need A Doctor ( feat Eminem , Skylay Gray )

11 ) Keep Your Distance ( feat Slimm Tha Mobsta, Lil Kim )

12 ) The Last Step ( feat Snoop Dogg )

13 ) Outro ( Exit ) ( Busta Rhymes , Denzel Washington )

Bonus Track

Under Pressure ( Feat Jay Z )

Not Detox related, but still..

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Not Detox related, but still..

im praying the beaver wont be on detox:D (joke) but honestly i cringed even seeing dre with the beaver there.

Kendrick Lamar just released a track called look out for detox.

dre recently co-signed kendrick and stated he might just be the next west coast rapper to blow.

he's actually pretty good iv heard a few songs from him, he is heavily roumered to be on detox .

here's more from dre's interview with xxl

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2010/12/dr-dre-%E2%80%9Ci%E2%80%99ve-actually-had-tests-on-my-body-the-doctor-said-i%E2%80%99m-31%E2%80%9D/

Kendrick Lamar just released a track called look out for detox.

dre recently co-signed kendrick and stated he might just be the next west coast rapper to blow.

he's actually pretty good iv heard a few songs from him, he is heavily roumered to be on detox .

That Kendrick track is very good, he will definitely be on Detox, apparently on a track with Dre and Game. He posted a picture of himself and Dre in the studio the other day. This was post got a lot of attention on Twitter:
    @StephxDistrict Definitely.. Dr. Dre told me he about to do a song called "Compton" with Game and @Kendrick_Lamar .. Its gone be a movie..
    http://twitter.com/SassieonDupris/status/11921476978483200

Not sure if the guy is a credible source or not but then Game posted this on his Twitter the next day..
    thegame wrote:
    'Hoodmorning everybody, 1st thing I want u 2 do is follow my lil homie @Kendrick_Lamar ! He had his 1st session wit Doc yesterday, DETOX sh!t'

..so there might be some truth to it?

That Kendrick track is very good, he will definitely be on Detox, apparently on a track with Dre and Game. He posted a picture of himself and Dre in the studio the other day. This was post got a lot of attention on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/SassieonDupris/status/11921476978483200

Not sure if the guy is a credible source or not but then Game posted this on his Twitter the next day..

..so there might be some truth to it?

i hope there's a lot of truth to it, he is quailty in fairness. it makes sense having a track called compton with dre,game and kendrick all being from there so maybe it is true.

that track list you posted looks pretty believable, i mean iv seen some myself which didnt look as relistic as the one above.

the only track id be weary about is the "i need a doctor" im not mad about it sounds more of a eminem style track than a dr dre one, and i heard on various sites it was a leftover from em's recovery album.

under pressure ft jay z, has the makings of a good track when its mixed and mastered and we hear an official version.

but i think i saw an interview a while back where dre completely ruled out the under pressure track because of the leak etc.

• Advertisement

the only track id be weary about is the "i need a doctor" im not mad about it sounds more of a eminem style track than a dr dre one, and i heard on various sites it was a leftover from em's recovery album.
    Completely agree, it's not good enough for Recovery, never mind Detox. It leaked at the same time as "Kush" (same day I think?) and AFAIK Dre or Eminem haven't mentioned it once. The last few weeks Dre has talked a lot about the album and about "Kush" but he hasn't even acknowledged the track with Eminem. It was completely overshadowed by "Kush" and the only person that's talking about it is Alex Da Kid, probabaly because he produced it. He's constantly telling random followers on Twitter that it's going to be on Detox but I really, really doubt it. There's no buzz around that song whatsoever.

another 2 kush remix's this time collie buddz adds a verse and layzie bone from bone thugs n harmony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I know when Detox will come out...1 week after Duke Nuken Forever.

yes, which also had a release date of January 1st, 2013 when the Mayans are out and about.

xxl just released dre's top 50 beats of all time in the build up to detox and as part of his xxl interview dec/jan 2011 interview.

50. “Fight Music” – D12 (2001)
    Album: Devil’s Night
    A hard-charging, hyper rap-rock cut samples Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir” showcased Dre’s versatility on the boards.

49. “Natural Born Killaz” — Dr. Dre & Ice Cube (1995)
    Album: Murder Was The Case (The Soundtrack)
    The first Dr. Dre and Ice Cube recording since their N.W.A days was an audio massacre. A sinister beat fuels Cube and Dre to spit some of their most brutal verses.

48. “Remember Me” — Eminem (2000)
    Album: The Marshall Mathers LP
    A brooding and eerie concoction served to be the perfect backdrop for Em, Stick Fingaz, and RBX to spit gruesome bars over.

47. “Boss’ Life” — Snoop Dogg (2007)
    Album: Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
    The Snoop D-O-Double G bosses up over a menacing bass line and delicate keys for smoothed-out G-ride.

46. “Family Affair” — Mary J. Blige (2001)
    Album: No More Drama
    The rolling bass line and rich keys made for a ubiquitous club banger that everyone could enjoy.

45.“B*tches Ain’t Sh*t” — Dr. Dre (1992)
    Album: The Chronic
    The raucous posse cut built from Funkadelic’s “Adolescent Funk,” and MC Shan’s “The Bridge” was a rambunctious example of the Doc’s patented gangster sound.

44. “Fast Lane” — Bilal (2001)
    Album: 1st Born Second
    Neo-soul meets G-funk for a soul-stirring knock that was street but sweet.

43.“Been There Done That” — Dr. Dre (1996)
    Album: Dr. Dre Presents…The Aftermath
    Dre’s emancipation from Death Row spawned the cooler-than-thou cinematic cut.

42. “Satisfaction” — Eve (2003)
    Album: Eve-Olution
    The blond bombshell was such a f-ing lady over Dr. Dre’s stripped down funky one-two groove

41.“Express Yourself” — N.W.A (1989)
    Album: Straight Outta Compton
    Co-produced with DJ Yella, the good doctor infused the 70’s soul/funk classic “Express Yourself” (Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band) with some of that gangster s**t to express himself.

40. “My Name Is” — Eminem (1999)
    Album: The Slim Shady LP
    The genius of Em’s debut single lays behind Dre’s decision to keep his presence as minimal as possible, so as this then fairly unknown MC could show and prove on his own.

39.”Ask Yourself A Question” — Kurupt (1998)
    Album: Kuruption!
    The West Coast icon blessed Kurupt with a sparse bouncy backdrop to perfectly showcase the underrated MC’s talent on mic.

38. “F*ck You” — Dre (1999)
    Album: 2001
    Dre proved that along with the street, the club and the whip, he can also make tracks that knock in the sheets.

37. “Poppin’ Them Thangs” — G-Unit (2003)
    Album: Beg For Mercy
    Dre gathered muted guitars, dark backdrops and rolling piano stabs to create a timeless head nodder.

36. “Next Episode” — Dr. Dre (1999)
    The West Coast legend took David McCallum’s “The Edge” and turned it on it’s head, creating one of the most gangsta, cinematic instrumentals of all time.

35. “Lil’ Ghetto Boy” — Dr. Dre (1992)
    While he borrowed both the song title and the sample from Donny Hathaway, Dre proved to fans that he also had enough soul to compose tunes that would one day put his name amongst the greats.

34. "Westside Story” — The Game (2004) Album: The Documentary Dre laced the Compton MC with a menacing backdrop for this standout joint from 2005’s The Documentary, with a deep organ sounds and high pitch keys.

33. “Outta Control” Remix — 50 Cent (2006)
    Album: The Massacre
    The Mighty D-R-E slimmed down his G-Funk sound for the clubs, with this 2006 cut that you could easily dance to or play the wall and bop your head with the rest of the thugs

32. “Afro Puffs” — The Lady Of Rage (1994)
    Album: Above The Rim (The Soundtrack
    Lifting two grooves from Johnny Guitar Watson (“Superman Lover” and “Love That Will Never Die”), the good Doc concocted an evil sounding, trunk rattling banger for the West Coast rapstress that still rocks rough and stuff 16 years later

31. “Ain’t No Fun” — Snoop Dogg (1993)
    Album: Doggystyle
    This classic track from Snoop’s heralded 1993 debut album, Doggystyle, showcases Dre’s signature laid-back G-Funk sound. Incorporating samples from Issac Hayes (“A Few More Kisses”) and Lynn Collins (“Think [About It]“), gang bangin’ never sounded so smooth.

30. “Keep Their Heads Ringin’ — Dr. Dre (1995)
    Album: Friday (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    The spacey, funky production on this cut from the Friday soundtrack is still living up to its title 15 years later.

29. “Hello” — Ice Cube (2000)
    Album:War & Peace Vol. 2 (The Peace Disc)
    Dre and MC Ren hopping on this track from War & Peace Vol. 2 (The Peace Disc)created an N.W.A. reunion and Dre provided an updated sound to go along with it.

28. “Heat” — 50 Cent (2003)
    Album: Get Rich or Die Tryin’
    50 Cent luh dem gun sounds, and the Doctor laced him with plenty, as a gun being cocked provided the percussion on this Get Rich or Die Tryin’ banger.

27. “Forgot About Dre” — Dr. Dre (1999)
    To this day, this stringy 2001 standout remains one of the best collaborations between Dr. Dre and Slim Shady.

26. “F*ck Tha Police”— N.W.A (1988)
    One of the most controversial songs in hip-hop history wouldn’t have been the same without Dre’s aggressive, drum-heavy production.

25. “Imagine” — Snoop Dogg (2006)
    Album: Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
    Thanks to orchestral keys and D’Angelo’s soothing voice, this is one of the best Dre tracks to simply kick back and light up to.

24. “How We Do” — The Game (2005)
    Album: The Documentary
    In addition to a hook and verses from 50, Game’s first top five hit propelled up the charts thanks to Dre’s claps and keys.

23. “Lay Low” — Snoop Dogg (2000)
    Album: Tha Last Meal
    Snoop Dogg’s Tha Last Meal was a slept on album, especially when one considers there were singles like this collaborative effort with Dr. Dre.

22. “Nas Is Coming” — Nas (1996)
    Album: It Was Written
    This track from Nas’ It Was Written—recorded during a time of heightened tension between the East and West Coasts—also marked the beginnings of Nas and Dre’s collaborative efforts, which soon resulted in The Firm, as well.

21.”Bad Intentions” — Knoc-turnal (2001)
    Album: The Wash (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Dre lent his touch on the mic and the boards to this up-tempo Knoc Turn’al track which is marked by it’s constant flute sounds.

20. “X” — Xzibit (2000)
    Album: Restless
    He calls the good doctor. Dre comes with a bone-shattering beat that sounds like a great leftover from the 2001 sessions for Xzibit’s first single off the Restless album, which Dr. Dre also executive produced.

19. “Let Me Ride” — Dr. Dre (1992)
    What do you get when you mix James Brown drums, with a bit of Bill Withers’ percussion, then throw in some Parliament for good measure? 1992’s “Let Me Ride,” one of Dre’s most memorable tracks.

18. “Phone Tap” — The Firm (1997)
    Album: The Album
    In the wake of the dreaded East Coast/West Coast beef and the deaths of both 2Pac and The Notorious B.I.G., Dre hooked up with Nas’ The Firm and helped bridge the coastal divide. A testament to the union was “Phone Tap”, Dre’s take on New York’s then-Mafia inspired sound. Ironic how a flip of Chris Barber’s 1959 diddy “Petite Fleur,” (translation: little flower) turned out to be one of rap’s hardest beats ever.

17. “Let Me Blow Ya Mind” — Eve (2002)
    Album: Scorpion
    Always known for hip-hop hits, Dre once again proved his pop prowess in 2001 when he laced Eve and guest Gwen Stefani with the instrumental for “Let Me Blow Yar Mind.” Hard enough for E-V-E’s aggressive raps, by bright enough for Gwen’s crossover-styled vocals, Dre conjured up the best of both worlds and gained a Grammy for the track.

16. “Guilty Conscience” — Eminem (1999)
    Album: The Slim Shady LP
    Sure haters poked fun at Eminem, writing him off as a one-hit wonder with his quirky first single “My Name Is”, but by the time he dropped “Guilty Conscience” that same year, even the saltiest of rap heads had to give it up. Dre’s flip of Ronald Stein’s 1970 song “Go Home Pigs,” with it’s prodding bass gave Em the perfect lane to spit some of his best bars and he has Mr. Dre, Mr. N.W.A. to thank for it.

15. “Tha Shiznit” — Snoop Dogg (1993)
    Most artists go to Dre to secure a single, but some times a low-key album cut can be just as potent. Such was the case with “Tha Shiznit” off of Snoop’s Doggystyle album. Who would’ve thought that a sampling of Billy Joel’s 1977 cut “The Stranger” would make for one of the albums best beats? Well, Dre of course.

14. “B*tch Please” — Snoop Dogg (1999)
    Album: No Limit Top Dogg
    Back when Snoop was riding with Master P’s No Limit label, fans longed for a reunion with the Cali funk doctor and on “b**ch Please”, Dre didn’t disappoint. The formula was familiar, pulsating bass, bright keys and swirling flutes. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

13. “Doggy Dogg World” — Snoop Dogg (1993)
    By the time Snoop Dogg’s debut Doggystyle dropped, the LBC MC was the epitome of gangster; that was until Dre smoothed things out on the album’s third single “Doggy Dogg World.” The deep rolling bassline, calming keys and the overlaying sleigh bells all combined to form one of hip-hop’s most two-steppingiest tracks of all-time.

12. “Ho’s a Housewife” — Kurupt (1999)
    Album: Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
    Kurupt’s Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha album was filled with Left Coast goodness, but none sonically better than the Dre-produced “Ho’s a Housewife.” The mid-tempo, bottom heavy track oozed pimpery and was so good that it also appeared on 2001, which dropped two weeks after ’Rupt’s CD.

11. “California Love” — 2Pac (1995)
    Album: All Eyez On Me
    Out on bail, fresh out of jail, who did 2Pac call to map out his return to rap? Well the good Doctor of course. With his bouncy synths and thumping bass, Dre’s flip of Zapp And Roger’s “Dance Floor” proved to be the perfect backdrop for ’Pac’s West coast ode.

10. “Straight Outta Compton” — N.W.A (1988)
    If N.W.A’s “don’t-give-a-damn” attitude wasn’t obvious in the rhymes of Ice Cube and the group’s other MCs, the message was written all over this beat. Dre may have always had the ability to craft a beat for the dance floor, but in his early years, he was trying to do anything but make people move their feet. “Straight Outta Compton” is a stylized mess of diesel truck horns, shrieking record scratches, and aggressive percussion.

9. “The Watcher” — Dr. Dre (1999)
    It’s here, the very first song on 2001 where Dre proves his comeback was going to live up to all the hype his absence had created. The quiet whisper of the song’s chorus is a perfect compliment to all the instrumentals subtleties — tinkling keys, staccato horn blasts, and bass designed to put necks and bodies in motion.

8. “Still D.R.E.” — Dr. Dre (1999)
    In many ways, “Still D.R.E.” was a comeback record for Dr. Dre. After having taken a hit on his credibility for his lackluster work on the 1996 Dr. Dre Presents…The Aftermath, Dre returned to the form that made him famous with this song, the first single from 2001.

7. “F*ck Wit Dre Day (And Everybody’s Celebratin’)” — Dr. Dre (1992)
    The lyrics to Dr. Dre’s second single from The Chronic were meant to sting Eazy-E, but what probably hurt more was the beat’s trunk-rattling bass line. It’s obvious from the moment “f**k Wit Dre Day” begins, the most talented artist on the West Coast was a man named Andre Young.

6. “Gin and Juice” — Snoop Dogg (1993)
    By the time Doc went to work on Snoop Dogg’s debut album, Doggstyle, the producer’s G-Funk sound was a familiar presence on urban radio. In turn, “Gin and Juice” became a timeless hit record, sounding more like the street and party anthem it was than today’s jingly odes to a rapper’s drink of choice.

5. “In Da Club” — 50 Cent (2003)
    Album: Get Rich Or Die Tryin’
    It could be argued that without 50 Cent’s catchy hook and rhyme patterns over this fairly simple beat, “In Da Club” would not have been the hit that it was. There’s not much to “In Da Club”; the in-the-face smack of Dre’s drums, simple syncopated string patterns, and a drifting one-note guitar lick, but therein lays the innovation.

4. “It’s Funky Enough” — The D.O.C. (1989)
    Album: No One Can Do It Better
    Even now, it’s hard to believe Dr. Dre made this beat nearly 20 years ago. The way he pieces together samples of The Sylvers’ “Misdemeanor” and James Brown’s “Funky President” was an audio marvel and a big reason why many consider this record to be one of D.O.C.’s shining moments in his brief career.

3.”Xxplosive” — Dr. Dre (1999)
    This album cut from Dr. Dre’s Chronic 2001 was never released as an official single, but it surely felt like one. With its sampling of Soul Mann & The Brothers’ 1971 song, “Bumpy’s Lament”, “Xxplosive” was a proper update of the G-Funk sound Dre ushered in; a funky, soulful sound bed for Kurupt’s ferocious first verse, and Nate Dogg’s bluesy 16.

2. “Deep Cover” — Dr. Dre (1992)
    Album: Deep Cover (Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    Most noted for being the song on which a young rapper named Snoop Dogg was introduced to the world (then named Snoop Doggy Dogg), “Deep Cover” was a haunting cut with hardcore lyrics to match the beat’s gritty mood.

1. “Nuthin But A “G” Thang” — Dr. Dre (1993)
    Dr. Dre and Los Angeles hip-hop were already on the map before the release of this 1992 single from his solo debut, The Chronic, but “Nuthin But A “G” Thang” made the whole country take seriously the contributions of G-Funk. The beat’s sneaky flutes and subtle guitar notes combined with the pavement pounding force of the thumping four-note bass line, woke people up to the idea that melody can indeed sound gangsta.

and more from the interview, dre talks retirement,eminem and more.

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2010/12/dr-dre-the-waiting-xxl-cover-story-excerpt/2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

If any of those tracks are on the album all I can say is this. What has Dre been doing for ten years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

shampon wrote: »
    If any of those tracks are on the album all I can say is this. What has Dre been doing for ten years.

running a label, managing artists, production work, guest spots, creating a brand of headphones, working on his guns......

in interviews he has said that he has probably spent less time on this album then on the last one.

your off your head if you dont think most of them tracks are quality aswell as some being classic.

as a producer dre has released a lot of hits with his own signature sound, i actually think its a pretty impressive catalog of beats for his top 50.

your off your head if you dont think most of them tracks are quality aswell as some being classic.
    I see the word 'classic' is being hurled around with reckless abandon, Shame on A Nigga is a classic,those songs are ****e, and as usual any criticism of Dre is met with the usual 'He runs a label, he's been slamming more steroids then Alistair Overeem, he's this that', lad's the man is not immune from criticism , he's not some sacred hindu cow, we all might aswell face it, when/if Detox ever drops it's possibly going to be the most overhyped pile of ****e since Fifty moved in with Dre. The man is a legend, he's put some of the best **** out since the days of NWA, but he's off the boil...he had it, he's lost it.

I see the word 'classic' is being hurled around with reckless abandon, Shame on A Nigga is a classic,those songs are ****e, and as usual any criticism of Dre is met with the usual 'He runs a label, he's been slamming more steroids then Alistair Overeem, he's this that', lad's the man is not immune from criticism , he's not some sacred hindu cow, we all might aswell face it, when/if Detox ever drops it's possibly going to be the most overhyped pile of ****e since Fifty moved in with Dre. The man is a legend, he's put some of the best **** out since the days of NWA, but he's off the boil...he had it, he's lost it.

niggas sayin dre fell of how my last album was the chronic? thats kind of true, we will judge detox when we get it and at least we got a straight westcoast sounding track in kush as the lead single. Nearly any other mainstream rapper would put out a rap/pop song as there lead single jay z,eminem etc.

so in fairness there is no evidence to back up your theory that dre fell off. your only as good as your last game in dre's case your last album.

id agree with the word classic being thrown around to often but come on your talking about a man who's been producing hits since the late 80's, i think both of his albums deserve the title classic aswell as a good few of songs he has produced.

id agree he's not immune from critism, but where's it coming from other than a delayed album? infact its about the same time period from the original chronic to chronic 2001 and the man's lost a son recently.

its not as if he wasn't doing anything musically since 2001, he's gave us countless quality tracks since then aswell as co-producing several Eminem, 50 cent, game albums too which some were quality.

so how has he lost it? he's a producer first and foremost and then a rapper i mean the chap doesn't even write his own stuff.

niggas sayin dre fell of how my last album was the chronic? thats kind of true, we will judge detox when we get it and at least we got a straight westcoast sounding track in kush as the lead single. Nearly any other mainstream rapper would put out a rap/pop song as there lead single jay z,eminem etc.

so in fairness there is no evidence to back up your theory that dre fell off. your only as good as your last game in dre's case your last album.

id agree with the word classic being thrown around to often but come on your talking about a man who's been producing hits since the late 80's, i think both of his albums deserve the title classic aswell as a good few of songs he has produced.

id agree he's not immune from critism, but where's it coming from other than a delayed album? infact its about the same time period from the original chronic to chronic 2001 and the man's lost a son recently.

its not as if he wasn't doing anything musically since 2001, he's gave us countless quality tracks since then aswell as co-producing several Eminem, 50 cent, game albums too which some were quality.

so how has he lost it? he's a producer first and foremost and then a rapper i mean the chap doesn't even write his own stuff.

"cuz if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck,it just means that a million people are stupid as ****"

His beats with Fifty, Eminem and others have been ****e, linear and his music deals mainly with his wealth. Everything is about material with him aswell...RZA he aint.

"cuz if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck,it just means that a million people are stupid as ****"

His beats with Fifty, Eminem and others have been ****e, linear and his music deals mainly with his wealth. Everything is about material with him aswell...RZA he aint.

I dont really know what your on about with the whole platinum thing to be honest bud can you explain that better?

maybe in the last couple of years dre's beats have been under-par especially on relapse and recovery, i noticed that big time, but he still won a Grammy for crack a bottle in 09/10 so thats another achievement you can chalk down since he apparently fell off.

This aint a dre vs RZA thread both have completely different sounds, no point in kicking that off. im not getting into that because i like both's music and production.

I dont really know what your on about with the whole platinum thing to be honest bud can you explain that better?

maybe in the last couple of years dre's beats have been under-par especially on relapse and recovery, i noticed that big time, but he still won a Grammy for crack a bottle in 09/10 so thats another achievement you can chalk down since he apparently fell off.

This aint a dre vs RZA thread both have completely different sounds, no point in kicking that off. im not getting into that because i like both's music and production.

The whole platinum thing is an Immortal Technique lyric. Basically I'm not pissing on Dre's early sales or even the sales of his earlier stuff from the turn of the millennium but his work with Eminem and Fifty has done a lot of damage to the genre as a whole. Eminem is a average these days and I have always believed that fifties music has always been over-hyped and weak. The two of these lad's shifted that many copies because of the ability of the aftermath machine to hype and whip people into a frenzy about average music, average music to which Dre gave his name.

Grammy awards mean **** all really. 1988 Jethro Thull won best metal performance, despite MetallicA releasing And Justice for All... that year.

It's just my opinion, but I believe Dre has alot to do with the current state of the game. Mediocre music is mediocre.

The whole platinum thing is an Immortal Technique lyric. Basically I'm not pissing on Dre's early sales or even the sales of his earlier stuff from the turn of the millennium but his work with Eminem and Fifty has done a lot of damage to the genre as a whole. Eminem is a average these days and I have always believed that fifties music has always been over-hyped and weak. The two of these lad's shifted that many copies because of the ability of the aftermath machine to hype and whip people into a frenzy about average music, average music to which Dre gave his name.

Grammy awards mean **** all really. 1988 Jethro Thull won best metal performance, despite MetallicA releasing And Justice for All... that year.

It's just my opinion, but I believe Dre has alot to do with the current state of the game. Mediocre music is mediocre.

id agree to an extent, but this is nothing to do with em or 50 because either way you look at it both were a huge success in making shady/aftermath the dominant force in mainstream hip hop for several years.

on the whole average music, Im not sure all though i think 50 has fell right of the wagon in comparrsion to his earlier material mixtapes,power of the doller and get rich etc, but i think with 50 hip hop was intrigued by a guy who was shot 9 times had real beef and made good music and then put that together with a legendary producer and the most popular rapper on the planet with em it had all the ingredients to be a success, thats why he was signed.

infact i actually think if dre didnt sign eminem, he wouldnt be as relevant as he is today or the past 10 years. eminem always kept dre in the spotlight with em being the biggest and most popular rapper on the planet, it was a genius move by dre, a white rapper signed by a legend in hip hop, the two of them compliment each other, dre helped em brake through and em helped dre stay relevant over the years in a way that he got more publicity than just producing tracks.

So i do think it was a very smart move by dre to sign both and i dont see how dre signing them had a negative impact on hip hop, you could say that about jay signing kanye, kanye actually went autotune for a while, now thats what you call damage to the genre and then his own boss comes out with D.O.A:D pretty laughable.

i dont think it was just aftermath whipping people into a frenzy about average music, all major record company's do this for there artists its a well known fact so i think that can be said about just about any mainstream artist, all they want is there money.

all im saying is, you cant judge detox till we actually listen to it, it could be quality or it could be as you said an overhyped piece of rubbish like most hip hop albums these days and believe me if it is il be one of the first to lose the rag with it.

but in the mean time dre hasn't done anything wrong, fair enough a few of his beats haven't been as good but thats the problem, when someone does actually make a classic peice of work beat or song he will always be compared to it its like a curse in a way.

all this medicore music surrounding us is a sign of the times, its bubble gum crap these days and its crept into hip hop big time in the last few years, i think its been here for a while but its gone overboard lately and with this whole techno bullsh*t faze thats coming in now too i was glad to hear an actually gangsta style hip hop song in kush.

I see the word 'classic' is being hurled around with reckless abandon

I may be reading it wrong but I think Shampon was saying that none of the Detox leaks (Kush, Under Pressure, Turn Me On, etc.) weren't great as opposed to the list of Dre's 50 best beats?

I really doubt Detox will disappoint, it's easy to say it's going to be a let down when you've been waiting 7-8 years and have only heard one song from the album. Dre's never disappointed before so I have no reason to doubt him now. He's very critical of himself so when he says he's happy and he thinks everyone will like it I can't help but be confident that he will deliver.

Dre is mainstream so if you listen to RZA and Immortal Technique most of the time then Detox might not be what you want it to be.

I'm a huge Dre fan but I know he's not perfect. I could listen to The Chronic all day but, IMO, 2001 had too much filler on it. When I say "too much" I mean 2 or 3 songs that he could have done without. Detox is set to have around 12 songs so I think Dre is really taking the quality over quantity approach.#

Regarding his production, I still think his best work in recent years was on 'The Documentary'. Westside Story, Higher, How We Do, Start From Scratch - all quality beats and the production overall is second to none. I really like a lot of the stuff he did with Bishop Lamont too.

I wouldn't write Dre off until the album drops.

All thing said aside, I hope Detox is awesome.

• Advertisement

I may be reading it wrong but I think Shampon was saying that none of the Detox leaks (Kush, Under Pressure, Turn Me On, etc.) weren't great as opposed to the list of Dre's 50 best beats?

I really doubt Detox will disappoint, it's easy to say it's going to be a let down when you've been waiting 7-8 years and have only heard one song from the album. Dre's never disappointed before so I have no reason to doubt him now. He's very critical of himself so when he says he's happy and he thinks everyone will like it I can't help but be confident that he will deliver.

Dre is mainstream so if you listen to RZA and Immortal Technique most of the time then Detox might not be what you want it to be.

I'm a huge Dre fan but I know he's not perfect. I could listen to The Chronic all day but, IMO, 2001 had too much filler on it. When I say "too much" I mean 2 or 3 songs that he could have done without. Detox is set to have around 12 songs so I think Dre is really taking the quality over quantity approach.#

Regarding his production, I still think his best work in recent years was on 'The Documentary'. Westside Story, Higher, How We Do, Start From Scratch - all quality beats and the production overall is second to none. I really like a lot of the stuff he did with Bishop Lamont too.

I wouldn't write Dre off until the album drops.

im not being smart but thats not what he said at all mate.

if you read through it properly you'd relise that (not being sarcastic)

I qoute "those songs are ****e"

says it all, the argument started with the top 50 list.

im not being smart but thats not what he said at all mate.

if you read through it properly you'd relise that (not being sarcastic)

I qoute "those songs are ****e"

says it all, the argument started with the top 50 list.

Sorry mate but I think you're the one that mis-read it. You posted the top 50 list and then Shampon's posted this:

Why would any of the songs on the top 50 list be on Detox? He was clearly referring to the Detox leaks (Kush, Under Pressure, Turn Me On). Shampon's post had nothing to do with the top 50 list.

Go back and read through it properly.

Sorry mate but I think you're the one that mis-read it. You posted the top 50 list and then Shampon's posted this:

Why would any of the songs on the top 50 list be on Detox? He was clearly referring to the Detox leaks (Kush, Under Pressure, Turn Me On). Shampon's post had nothing to do with the top 50 list.

Go back and read through it properly.

ye true actually, but clearly stating something is clearly stating something shampon could of been a bit more specific, i taught he was referring to the top 50 list considering he posted right after the top 50 beats.

my bad i stand corrected.

shampon, just to clear it up i dont think any of the material i heard from detox is classic, i was referring to some of the tracks on the top 50 list, mix up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i need a doctor >>> kush

MD1990 wrote: »
    i need a doctor >>> kush

Eh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

TBH there is a big difference between the time lapse between Chronic > 2001 and 2001 > Detox.

There was 7 years between Chronic and 2001. 12 years between 2001 and Detox ATM, an extra 5 years.

I just hope the beats aren't the same as releapse and recovery, Dre produced 3/4 of Relapse, if not more, and none were Dre at his best IMO. From 2001 Still Dre, Some L.A. Niggaz and Big Egos are Dre at his best IMO. Heard none of that on relapse.

CorkMan wrote: »
    TBH there is a big difference between the time lapse between Chronic > 2001 and 2001 > Detox.

There was 7 years between Chronic and 2001. 12 years between 2001 and Detox ATM, an extra 5 years.

I just hope the beats aren't the same as releapse and recovery, Dre produced 3/4 of Relapse, if not more, and none were Dre at his best IMO. From 2001 Still Dre, Some L.A. Niggaz and Big Egos are Dre at his best IMO. Heard none of that on relapse.

true, but what can we do. the current music climate had a lot do with it with according to dre in his interviews, also the man had a few personnel battles and his son passed away recently too.

i think when dre produces a different kind of sound for eminem, as you know both have extremely different styles of rapping especially these days where em seems to spazing out on every record (in a good way).

your not going to hear big ego type beats on a eminem album bar maybe one or two songs on the marshall mathers lp. when dre makes beats for eminem its more catchy/sing along to type beats where dre is the more gangsta/club kind of feel to his beats.

really when you think about it the beats on relapse and recovery that dre produced arnt too different from the eminem show and encore albums.

Not big news but Keri Hilson has revealed that she has recorded material for Detox. I'm not her biggest fan but I'll reserve judgement until I hear something...if we ever get to hear it that is.
    Dr. Dre is getting a dose of Keri Hilson for Detox. The “Pretty Girl Rock” singer paid a visit to the Doctor to contribute to his long-awaited project. Miss Keri shares what it was like to be in the studio with the hip-hop icon.

“Dr. Dre is incredible,” she exclusively tells Rap-Up.com. “He’s somebody I always kind of thought, ‘Wow, I wonder what his method is. I wonder what it’s like to be in the room while he does what he does,’ and I got to see it.”

Keri saw herself in her legendary labelmate. “He’s very much a perfectionist and it kinda made me understand myself a little bit, why I’m so particular about certain things,” she reveals. “I saw myself in his light and it was great.”

While she confirms her work on Detox, she’s uncertain if the material will make the 2011 album’s final cut. “I don’t know. We’ll see.”

The first offering from Detox, the Snoop Dogg and Akon-assisted “Kush,” is currently No. 52 on the Billboard Hot 100, while Keri’s sophomore set No Boys Allowed drops Tuesday.

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/12/17/keri-hilson-gets-onboard-dr-dres-detox/

a version of topless with eminem just leaked. i perfer the version with t.i but this sounds unfinished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

not true....dr dre's style has always been unique to hip hop...everything that comes from Aftermath/shady etc is not like all the other rap music you hear..if anything dre changed the whole game...tell me where else youre going to hear a track like ''my 1st single'' or ''Rain Man'' on a multi platinum hip hop album....nowhere...ive listened to hip hop for a long time..and although i do like wu-tang RZA is not in dre's league...hes a talented man to say the least..but dre changed teh face of hip hop a few times.....theres nobody that dosent know dr dre hip hop fan or not.....and ill even go as far to say when detox drops....hip hop will change again..personally speaking......

a version of topless with eminem just leaked. i perfer the version with t.i but this sounds unfinished.

Absolutely love the beat, would like to see a finished version make the album but I guess it's very unlikely at this stage.

Absolutely love the beat, would like to see a finished version make the album but I guess it's very unlikely at this stage.

ye true, id like to know if the track was intended for all 3 artists nas, eminem and t.i? or was one replaced with the other etc.

dre should put an official mixtape out in the build up to detox with some of the tracks that didnt make the album like more than likely this one, id love too see that.

just wondering, has anyone saw the kush video on any of the uk/eire music channels you get with sky and ntl?? I dont have either anymore just curious because a lot of popular US hip hop doesnt really make our shores these days (on music channels) just wondering if dre has.

ye true, id like to know if the track was intended for all 3 artists nas, eminem and t.i? or was one replaced with the other etc.
    Sounds like Eminem's verse was ghostwritten for Dre, I'm guessing it was Dre featuring Nas and T.I., intended for Detox then Dre decided not to use it. Probably won't make Detox or Recovery 2 which is a shame because it's a brilliant track IMO, great beat, great verses from Nas and T.I. and the hook isn't bad either. Could be worse I suppose, at least we got to hear it.

Here's a version with the T.I., Nas and Em verses.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h3dbl4dl8acl85r

"I Need A Doctor" with Eminem is apparently getting a mainstream release on February 1st. Absolutely awful track IMO.

http://www.allaccess.com/top40-mainstream/future-releases

Here's the official announcement, not sure what to make of the awful grammar though?
    It has come to light that Dr. Dre & Eminem’s collaboration I Need A Doctor, which previously leaked some weeks ago. Will be getting an official release, being sent out to radio station on February 1st!

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=3482

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

thats a fan site

Paul1979 wrote: »
    thats a fan site

That's reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

release date announced today as the 20th april!!!! cant wait. if this is anyway near as good as 2001 ill be happy cause thats one of the greatest rap albumbs ever made imo

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/01/17/dr-dre-announces-detox-release-date/

release date announced today as the 20th april!!!! cant wait. if this is anyway near as good as 2001 ill be happy cause thats one of the greatest rap albumbs ever made imo

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/01/17/dr-dre-announces-detox-release-date/

ye happy days. ye 2001 was quaility so if its as good as that we will all be happy.

Great news, the release date everyones been waiting to hear for the last 10 years. Hope it doesn't get pushed back :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement