Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Dre Detox (new track)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

so what does he do when he scraps detox, start again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    so what does he do when he scraps detox, start again?

exactly, he's pretty much scrapped everything we have heard so far so it wouldn't be a bad idea or anything outrageous.

plenty of artists have scrapped songs,ideas, albums and started again, it might just be the best thing he could ever do but as said there's no chance of it happening by dre.

in mean time a studio album or even an offical mixtape would be nice, dj whoo kid was meant to release an offical mixtape with dre but no surprise it never happened.

starting again would just delay the process just as much though?

it could but if we get something id be happy mate. im just saying creatively it could do dre the world of good to scrap detox for the time being and just give us something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Tbh what i feel Dre should do is scrap Detox and start a project with only his own beats, fuck Alex da kid etc. Get the DOC, Em, Snoop etc and try get an old West Coast feel and his fans will be happy and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Alex da kid

I honestly can't believe he is/was involved in Detox at all. Absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe he is/was involved in Detox at all. Absolutely awful.
    Stop, i never thought Dre would include someone so poppy/crap in Detox. If he is the type of producer Dre wants for the album, i honestly fear for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ha the best thing about Alex da Kid is that he used to be a professional for Bristol City. Now he's being talked about as a producer for one of the most eagerly awaited albums of all time. Pretty unreal change in lifestyle.

Ha the best thing about Alex da Kid is that he used to be a professional for Bristol City. Now he's being talked about as a producer for one of the most eagerly awaited albums of all time. Pretty unreal change in lifestyle.

Heard that alright, have to say fair play to him for going from Fruity Loops in Bristol to being involved in productions with Dre, Eminem, Rihanna, etc in LA. Not saying he's a bad producer, just from what I've heard his sound doesn't belong on a Dre album IMO.

Why'd he stop playing again? Was it an injury or just gave it up in favour of music?

Heard that alright, have to say fair play to him for going from Fruity Loops in Bristol to being involved in productions with Dre, Eminem, Rihanna, etc in LA. Not saying he's a bad producer, just from what I've heard his sound doesn't belong on a Dre album IMO.

Why'd he stop playing again? Was it an injury or just gave it up in favour of music?

I have FL on my laptop as well. Give it a few years and I'll be doing the same ha.

No idea. Think he might have just given it up for the bright lights of the studio.

• Advertisement

I have FL on my laptop as well. Give it a few years and I'll be doing the same ha.

Have it myself, used it a lot for almost a year but then went away for the summer and haven't touched it since..

Have it myself, used it a lot for almost a year but then went away for the summer and haven't touched it since..

I got it a few weeks. Managed to cut up a song and do it up for my dad there last week. He needed it as an accompaniment for his choir. Saved his bacon. It's the start of my path to becoming the new DJ Shadow ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

joke at this stage, tbh he obviously knows the material he has got isn't a patch on his previous albums. He has to top them and he knows that the material just isn't as good. i think he should just admit defeat and stick to producing from now on.

New interview from yesterday in Hong Kong with Dre, Jimmy Iovine and Luke (President of Beats Headphones), not really sure what to make of the part at the end?? Does he mean he's back working on Detox? Jimmy really annoys me sometimes.
    So, it’s your first time in Hong Kong… how come it took you guys so long to get here?
    Luke: Well I’ve been here four times this year.
    Jimmy: When you work as much as we do, you don’t get much time off. To come here, you need at least a week. And that’s hard to work out.

Dr. Dre, I must admit that your fans here in Hong Kong are really eager to hear when the new album is coming out.
    Dr. Dre: [pause] Well, right now I’m just taking a small break to come out and do some promotion with Beats but actually I’m getting back on it when I get home.

Can you give us any word on when we might see it?
    Jimmy: Well, you know, the thing is with Dre – we were talking about it today and [hesitates], he’s not gonna put it out until it’s right for the fans. It’s fan-driven. He’s a real perfectionist.
    Dr. Dre: It has to feel good.

Do you think that it’s possible to achieve perfection in the studio?
    Jimmy: We don’t want to live on the album for this interview. This is more for Beats.

Okay, I understand. But Dr. Dre, do you have any response to that before we move on? If, especially with the work that you’re doing now – do you think you can achieve perfection?
    Dr. Dre: Occasionally [laughs].

*(...They talk about Beats for a while and then at the end of the interview...)*

Jimmy: I want to make something clear. When Dre said ‘I’m taking a break’, he meant one week. He’s here one week. That’s the break. He goes back to the studio on Monday.

Well, that’s very good to know. Thanks so much for your time.
    All: Thank you

http://www.timeout.com.hk/clubs/features/47158/interview-dr-dre-and-the-beats-team.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Yes maybe a little bit.
    But if he just took 9 months to a year to record the material,promise himself not to get so hung up about it and just release it, you never know-we might like it.

Also as mentioned earlier he has hundreds of songs recorded already anyway. There must be 11 or 12 half decent ones. If he threw them on an album and released it I'd be happy enough, at least we wouldn't be waiting on Detox anymore and could move on from it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yes maybe a little bit.
    But if he just took 9 months to a year to record the material,promise himself not to get so hung up about it and just release it, you never know-we might like it.

Also as mentioned earlier he has hundreds of songs recorded already anyway. There must be 11 or 12 half decent ones. If he threw them on an album and released it I'd be happy enough, at least we wouldn't be waiting on Detox anymore and could move on from it.

That is the problem with Dre, he would never take 12 half decent songs and throw them onto an album.

Going back to the history of Dre's releases, he was always a inovator and ahead of the times. always looking to create a new sound and deliver something unique. Well, mostly unique, he still want to leave his sonic imprint.

But, I personally think that his inovative spark is gone, and that he is trying to keep up with the times. Judging from the songs that have been released or leaked*, they all sound like what is current at the time, or perhaps a little behind the popular sound. I think he is trying to get ahead but is failing in that regard, and the longer fans are left waiting, the more pressure he is under.

Dont get me wrong here, I want to hear Detox, and I want it to blow my socks off.

*leaked is a very loose term here, I fully believe these were leaked on purpose to test the waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I just want to hear some new Dre.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    *leaked is a very loose term here, I fully believe these were leaked on purpose to test the waters

100%

under pressure ft jay z is one track im pretty sure that wasn't leaked on purpose, we never even got the cdq and dre was very piss*d at it being leaked i remember watching an interview when he was asked about it but it was rumored to be 1 of the lead singles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Lead singles? Leaked tracks???

This album is NEVER coming out. Why are people still going on about it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

under pressure ft jay z is one track im pretty sure that wasn't leaked on purpose, we never even got the cdq and dre was very piss*d at it being leaked i remember watching an interview when he was asked about it but it was rumored to be 1 of the lead singles.

I'm pretty sure it was leaked on purpose. The timeline is a bit odd..

• Dre or Snoop or The Game or whoever else is talking about Detox said that the album has an electro feel to it.
    • A few weeks later 'rumours' of a Jay Z track appear
    • A few days later the title of the song is released and Jay confirmed
    • A couple of days later, a rough cut of the song is released
    I think that he was gauging the reaction of a electro sounding song. It kinda flopped, so he scrapped the Electro Detox and moved on to the next idea.

That timeline is tactical and has 'label nervousness' written all over it.

Agreed, even the styling of the songs kinda leads on to intentional leaking and testing out the reactions it gets.

Will Lil Wayne Appear on Dr. Dre's "Detox?"

According to his new protégé, Dr. Dre was putting in work with Lil Wayne last night.

Slim The Mobster tweeted "Just got off the phone with @drdre told me he gettin it in with lil wayne tonight..... #detox" early last night and the news spread like wildfire.

What do you guys think? Is this a good move on The Doc's part or is this a poor decision? Is this an indicator that we're one step closer to the release of Detox? One thing's for sure: Dr. Dre loves working with 50 Cent's archnemeses.

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/01/will-lil-wayne-appear-on-dr-dres-detox

I wouldn't say Wayne is 50s arch nemeses, neither would I have a problem hearing Wayne on detox.

I'm disappointed the last week or two with some of the names dre is working with, I saw this on slims twitter last night, he seems to be trying to escalate the tension between 50 and dre IMO.

Ye im a 50 fan and Ye I'm a dre fan but I would of liked dre to keep it shady/aftermath with others like snoop, game, Lamar, kurrupt etc making appearances.

Dre has gotten desperate we all know that, so What better way to get relevant again than to sell out, I don't want to hear Lil Wayne or any of the young money crew on this album, I don't want dre to sell out and go the commercial route like he did with INAD.

I mean we have a gangsta rap pioneer jumping on the biggest fraud hip hop has ever seen in rick Ross an ex correctional officer, that to me is beyond desperate from dre.

This man could literally ressurect shady/aftermath with em by his side, if he gets 50 and game to re unite etc then we could have something special but if I hear dj kahled, rick Ross etc on detox it will be more than a let down it will be the ultimate sell out move from dre.

Hugely pissed of with dre.

• Advertisement

I need a doctor was a good song imo.

Only thing I want from Detox is mostly dre production, Nate Dogg and of course it ever getting released.

I think we can all agree Dj Khaled or Rick Ross or drake should be nowhere near this album but Wayne I could stomach as long as it is one song.

Dre is desperate, I've heard it all now

Dre is desperate, I've heard it all now

why don't you explain how he isn't desperate music wise despite the album not taking of last time round...

and dont go into his past achievements, we are talking right here right now. INAD was a pure indication dre is trying to change his sound to match todays watered down bullsh*t.

you have heard it all but this is coming from a man trying to convince us drake is a good rapper aswell as calling a few great mc's over rated:rolleyes:.
    I need a doctor was a good song imo.

Only thing I want from Detox is mostly dre production, Nate Dogg and of course it ever getting released.

I think we can all agree Dj Khaled or Rick Ross or drake should be nowhere near this album but Wayne I could stomach as long as it is one song.

agree on everything bar INAD, i taught that was just shocking from dre. As said before it was like a eminem recovery leftover just didnt sound like dre.

agree on everything bar INAD, i taught that was just shocking from dre. As said before it was like a eminem recovery leftover just didnt sound like dre.

Fair enough I liked the beat and I loved the concept of Dre helping Eminem twice and now Eminem needing to help Dre back after personal stuff set him back and musically second guessing himsef (hence Detox being in its nth form at this stage)

Fair enough I liked the beat and I loved the concept of Dre helping Eminem twice and now Eminem needing to help Dre back after personal stuff set him back and musically second guessing himsef (hence Detox being in its nth form at this stage)

Oh Defo a great concept behind the song and video but I think if it was less pop ish it would of been a lot better.

Maybe a decent hip hop type hook would of set it of for me because the skyler grey hook ruined it for me, taught it was kind of corny tbh.

But Ye agree their the idea behind the song/video was good, just turned out to pop for me.

• Advertisement

INAD was horrible in almost every sense, absolutely atrocious beat, awful hook and Eminem literally carried the entire song with Dre feeling generous towards the end and giving us a few lazy bars.

Suppose it worked though, #1 on iTunes and #5 on Billboard...then again, that was a year ago and Detox still isn't out so...I guess it didn't?

Someone explain to me how dre is desperate, and what is it he's desperate for.

Bearing in mind were talking about a man who is beyond a perfectionist, who does things in his own long time, and whose head phones profits alone mean he never ever has to make music again.

Someone explain to me how dre is desperate, and what is it he's desperate for.

Bearing in mind were talking about a man who is beyond a perfectionist, who does things in his own long time, and whose head phones profits alone mean he never ever has to make music again.

Read my reply to your last comment, Im just talking about his current music situation too mate not business ventures or past music achievements.

Read my reply to your last comment, Im just talking about his current music situation too mate not business ventures or past music achievements.
    Read my reply, what exactly makes you say the perfectionist that has taken over ten years and counting to release an album is all of a sudden desperate.
    It makes no sense in all honesty.

Read my reply, what exactly makes you say the perfectionist that has taken over ten years and counting to release an album is all of a sudden desperate.
    It makes no sense in all honesty.

the fact he is a gangsta rap pioneer making music with the biggest fraud iv ever seen in gangsta hip hop rick ross who just so happens to be very relevant in america possibly the number 1 gangsta rapper atm.

he's hardly making music with ross and kahled for the good of it, its an exposure move that passes as desperate for me. There not good enough to lace a dre beat, its a commercial move if i ever saw one.

skyler grey, rick ross, dj kahled, lil wayne compare them potential detox features to past ones on both chronic albums.

What's Khaled's involvement in all of this? I saw a picture of him with Dre and Ross recently but I can't imagine he'd have any kind of involvement with Detox and what can Dre do for him? All he does is say DJ Khaled at the start of "his" tracks then let's the actual artists do their own thing so even if Khaled does get a Dre beat for his album it'll be some MMG/Young Money artists rapping over it and not him.

What's Khaled's involvement in all of this? I saw a picture of him with Dre and Ross recently but I can't imagine he'd have any kind of involvement with Detox and what can Dre do for him? All he does is say DJ Khaled at the start of "his" tracks then let's the actual artists do their own thing so even if Khaled does get a Dre beat for his album it'll be some MMG/Young Money artists rapping over it and not him.

As far as I know they were all in the studio together, tbh who knows who's gona have an involvement with detox every rapper claims detox will sound like this or like that or it's out this day or the next etc.

We can't even take dre's word for it anymore.

I just think kahled is a talentless muppet, I'd have a list as long my arm of people who should be in the studio with dre before him.

I remember Ice cube trying to get a dre beat for his last album for dre only to pretty much ignore him, if the likes of kahled and rick Ross can get in the studio before cube I don't know what to think anymore about dre or detox, even game couldn't get a dre beat and it looks like lamars the same in his debut and these boys get it in there this is why I said its a commercial move because these are no where near as talented as the 2 I just mentioned.

Let's be honest though when was the actual last dre beat you could turn around and say Ye that's a banger? I'd say we would have to go back a few years, I'm thinking grow up by lamont in 09 and that's just one, a banger from dre seems to be a rare thing these days, his beats on ems last 2 albums have been poor to average, crack a bottle was ok nothing spectacular the rest was cat.

Dre definitely comes across as extremely ignorant at times, especially towards people you would think he has a good relationship with. No interest whatsoever in working with Cube, ignored Game for years, goes out of his way to work with quite a few people that 50 has/had issues with and D.O.C. saying he made a choice to stop working on Detox because Dre wouldn't listen to his advice/ideas (though I think he has since settle everything with Dre and is back working with with him)..

Like Snoop said last year, Dre is listening to and working with all the wrong people.

Agree that Dre has fell off in recent years, think I've said it a few times in this thread but, IMO, his last great work was on The Documentary, 2 or 3 nice beats since then but the majority of stuff he's released has been average to very bad, personally think Crack A Bottle is absolutely horrible from start to finish, the beat, the hook and all three verses. Truly awful stuff, he is very hit or miss these days, mostly miss..but at the same time I know he has a vault full of classics that we haven't heard. I like the snippets of Die Hard and Young World.

Genuinely don't know for sure but is he working with Ross and Khaled?
    I didnt read that anywhere.

The fact remains though, to say dre is desperate is bonkers.

Genuinely don't know for sure but is he working with Ross and Khaled?
    I didnt read that anywhere.

The fact remains though, to say dre is desperate is bonkers.

I think Ross tweeted somethign about been in the studio with Dre and then a picture surfaced. But i'm not sure if this was for Detox or a Rick Ross project.

• Advertisement

The few pics that I seen and what I've read made it seem like they were just chilling.

They definitely worked together on something, but Ross won't say what it was for. At first I thought it was for Ross' album because Dre went to Miami to see him but after hearing that Dre and Wayne were in the studio working on Detox the other night I'm thinking Dre is probably in "Detox mode" right now and is concentrating on his own project rather than working on different beats for different artists.
    Rick Ross Calls Working With Dr. Dre "Amazing"

Ricky Rozay says that their time in the studio together affected his work ethic.

Rick Ross and Dr. Dre recently kicked it in Miami, Florida, with the former tweeting a picture of the two in the studio with DJ Khaled. While he wouldn’t reveal what they were working on, Ricky Rozay explained to MTV News how the meeting transpired.

“It was amazing, my brother," he said. "We had the opportunity to just first and foremost touch base like bosses. We went out, we had dinner, we just discussed ideas and that led to the studio."

He also touched on the advice that Dr. Dre gave him and how it’s influenced his studio ethic. Ross even went so far as to brand him his biggest influence in Hip Hop.

"The advice he gave me, it's already affected the way I've been in the studio for the last week," he said. "So let's just say he's full of knowledge and he's a solid guy. Most definitely that's maybe my biggest hip-hop influence in the game."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18494/title.rick-ross-calls-working-with-dr-dre-amazing

DJ Khaled should not be in the studio with Dre, in fact I would prefer if he was never in any studio.

Drake and Wayne fair enough they are huge right now so having them makes sense but Khaled wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

DJ Khaled should not be in the studio with Dre, in fact I would prefer if he was never in any studio.

Drake and Wayne fair enough they are huge right now so having them makes sense but Khaled wtf?

Tbh i don't even understand why he has drake and wayne in there either, he could have anybody he's ever worked with before on this album and he picks them? they're pure muck compared to 90% of the artists he's collaborated with.
    I'd love cube, snoop, eminem, game, and all the usual heads on the album, there is no need for the ridiculous amount of shítty rappers he has allegedly been working with on the album.

The few pics that I seen and what I've read made it seem like they were just chilling.

far from chillin, desperate dre gave officer ross a 100'000 dollar watch for his birthday.

kissing up to the hottest rapper atm in america is all this is, looks beyond pathetic from dre along with most of the other leaches hanging for a bit of relevance in the video.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Tbh i don't even understand why he has drake and wayne in there either, he could have anybody he's ever worked with before on this album and he picks them? they're pure muck compared to 90% of the artists he's collaborated with.
    I'd love cube, snoop, eminem, game, and all the usual heads on the album, there is no need for the ridiculous amount of shítty rappers he has allegedly been working with on the album.

Ye I do not like them but I can really see why they would be on the album. But Khaled does not deserve to be anywhere near the album or Dre.

I agree it should stay within the usual suspects and some choice collaborations.

I actually thought a few of the tracks on Ross' recent mixtape were pretty good, he has a good ear for Beats and I think that he and Dre could possibly work well together.

I would ideally like Detox to have guests that Dre has worked with/mentored over the last 20 years (Cube, Snoop, Eminem, Game, Kendrick, etc.) with Dre handling most of the production with a couple of tracks from the likes of Khalil or Just Blaze but let's be realistic, that is never going to happen.

If we ever get to hear the album it will more than likely feature industry heavyweights like Ross, Wayne, Drake, Eminem and Jay-Z among others. I don't doubt that Kendrick, Game and Snoop will feature on the album too but I think the album will be too crowded, too many different artists with different sounds and styles.

2001 had a lot of guest verses/hooks but worked well because it was the same group of people we hear throughout the albums entirety. Snoop, Nate, Xzibit, Eminem all heavily featured and they all worked well with Dre. I'm not so sure it will work as well as it did this time round with Eminem, T.I., Kendrick, Ross, 50, Snoop, Wayne, Jay-Z, Game, Akon, Drake, Beyonce, Busta....

far from chillin, desperate dre gave officer ross a 100'000 dollar watch for his birthday.

kissing up to the hottest rapper atm in america is all this is, looks beyond pathetic from dre along with most of the other leaches hanging for a bit of relevance in the video.

Your bonkers mate, you really are.
    do your home work, read up, you'll realize that in the time it's taken dre to make this album he's worked with nearly everyone.
    Admittedly he hasn't checked in with you to gage the relevance(in your head)of each act he's working with but he's managed to work with a hell of a lot of people all the same.
    And if the album does actually ever see the light of day do you believe there's gonna be thousands of tracks on the album, you genuinely believe every track he cuts makes the album?

Listen I'm no fan of Ross, but I'd never be mad enough to make the statement that the LEGEND that is dr dre working with anyone I wasn't a fan of was a sign of desperation.
    That's the craziest thing I think I've ever read on here.

Your bonkers mate, you really are.
    do your home work, read up, you'll realize that in the time it's taken dre to make this album he's worked with nearly everyone.
    Admittedly he hasn't checked in with you to gage the relevance(in your head)of each act he's working with but he's managed to work with a hell of a lot of people all the same.
    And if the album does actually ever see the light of day do you believe there's gonna be thousands of tracks on the album, you genuinely believe every track he cuts makes the album?

Listen I'm no fan of Ross, but I'd never be mad enough to make the statement that the LEGEND that is dr dre working with anyone I wasn't a fan of was a sign of desperation.
    That's the craziest thing I think I've ever read on here.

come on now man the craziest thing you have ever heard? i remember you defying some of 50's latest mixtape work as "classic" material aswell stating he was about to drop anthem of the year lol.

some of the things you come out with here are genuinely beyond crazy, believe me.

im not the only here who seems to think dre has fallen of aswell as various blogs on sites too.

To me he is desperate to become relevant again on the same level he use to be, honestly ross is an ok rapper but to give him a 100'000 dollar watch and go against one of your own artists who infact baiscally kept dre relevant in the years of eminem missing , 50 was the only artist reppin aftermath and selling records during those years, we wouldnt of heard of dre until the relapse album if it wasn't for 50 and maybe even game keeping him relevant through their music, im aware game had no dre beats for a while but he often mentioned him through his music.
    you genuinely believe every track he cuts makes the album?
    don't be stuipid , iv obviously touched a nerve here with you but criticism is due when its due.

honestly give me 5 decent dre beats since 05? you'd be struggling...

to me as a big a dre fan as the next man, im more than disappointed with him for not only making music with people who just are not good enough but also the fact he's only doing it because there relevant at this very moment that to me is an act of desperation, like i said imo the man hasn't done anything amazing music wise since what documentary/massacare? honestly INAD come on get the fu*k outa here with that rubbish.

even snoop says he's working with the wrong people, jimmy iovine by his side in just about every interview no doubt i say he had a hand in dre making music with these hip pop/frauds.

just because the man's a legend in the game doesn't mean he cant get criticized, i mean eminem is a legend and people slated him for relapse and he turned around and admitted he was wrong about the album so stop getting upset about people who don't share your opinions.

for a man who claims to tell it like it is, im surprised you cant take this reality check on board that dre isn't the man musically as he use to be hopefully he can prove me wrong on detox.

• Advertisement

honestly give me 5 decent dre beats since 05? you'd be struggling...

Boss’ Life - snoop
    Imagine - snoop
    nas - hustler
    relapse/recovery - majority of it
    a lot of game, 50, etc
    few busta, raekwon etc tracks too

Advertisement