Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Dre Detox (new track)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

couldnt even be bothered reading that mate, no disrespect, i got to "defying", shook my head and barely skimmed the rest.
    also, not in the humor to counter each individual point with a reply, or get drawn into one of those ridiculously huge "post offs" you so love, ill leave that to yourself.
    i will reiterate though, dr dre becoming desperate after 10+ years is the most bonkers and ill informed/amateurish thing ever said on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    couldnt even be bothered reading that mate, no disrespect, i got to "defying", shook my head and barely skimmed the rest.
    also, not in the humor to counter each individual point with a reply, or get drawn into one of those ridiculously huge "post offs" you so love, ill leave that to yourself.
    i will reiterate though, dr dre becoming desperate after 10+ years is the most bonkers and ill informed/amateurish thing ever said on here.

not a bother hugh, try not to get so upset in the future when someone criticizes dre especially when its deserved.

the mans a legend not a god.

not a bother hugh, try not to get so upset in the future when someone criticizes dre especially when its deserved.

the mans a legend not a god.
    c'mon now, im obviously not upset, its just you said something unbelievably stupid and so not to be the case that i felt the need to corrected you.

relapse/recovery - majority of it

those were some of the worst beats iv ever heard by dre mate imo.
    a lot of game, 50, etc

exactly my point, has done nothing amazing as a whole since documentary/massacare.
    Boss’ Life - snoop
    Imagine - snoop

true, great songs and beats.
    nas - hustler

ye another nice one alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Jesus if you did not like the beats on relapse and recovery you must of hated the rapping.

Well there 3 solid beats off the top of my head - he did some for jay, rae, busta and a few others that were good.

In fairness a lot of the work he has done he has not released, he has had personal problems, and he has done the whole beats thing which is huge and even got HP and HTC on board with that.

Dre has been consistently banging out amazing beats for 20 odd years and when he was not releasing as much as he usually did he was signing or bringing up new artists or resurrecting dead careers or starting labels or creating the most recognized brand of headphones ever.

88-2006 is some stretch to have in music and in those years he had countless hits and since then he has been releasing less for various reasons.

• Advertisement

Jesus if you did not like the beats on relapse and recovery you must of hated the rapping.

are you serious? his beats were average to bad on both of ems last 2 albums totally below par from dre, i liked the rapping, em never had a great ear for beats anyway most em fans put up with that from day 1.

He's so good a rapper he's capable of polishing a bad/average beat.
    In fairness a lot of the work he has done he has not released, he has had personal problems, and he has done the whole beats thing which is huge and even got HP and HTC on board with that.

i know that iv mentioned that before on this thread, HP and HTC are not relevant here thats business anyway arguably the whole beats thing has gotten in the way of detox anytime i see dre its for beats he's like a walking logo these days with jimmy iovine, its all he has talked about for years.
    Well there 3 solid beats off the top of my head - he did some for jay, rae, busta and a few others that were good.

ye they are solid alright, proven wrong there but honestly on an actual whole basis it goes back a long way, the last beat i taught thats a banger was in 09 with grow up by lamont.

Well we completely disagree on the relapse/recovery thing because I think ems rapping was in general really bad on those albums and Dres productions was good overall.

He could not have been releasing as much and as good beats as he did since 88 his whole career especially since Detox talk picked back up again around 2005 after Game was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I think Relapse had good beats; Bagpipes from Baghdad, Same Song & Dance, Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, Underground, all bangers imo, and Ridaz from the Recovery sessions was good too

But they're not, for the most part, the sort of beats I'd like to hear on a Dre album

c'mon now, im obviously not upset, its just you said something unbelievably stupid and so not to be the case that i felt the need to corrected you.

in all fairness though how can you correct someones opinion...
    Well we completely disagree on the relapse/recovery thing because I think ems rapping was in general really bad on those albums and Dres productions was good overall.

He could not have been releasing as much and as good beats as he did since 88 his whole career especially since Detox talk picked back up again around 2005 after Game was done.

As a fan i just dont want to see average to bad rappers like ross and wayne on detox, i would have liked dre not to jump on the bandwagon like most other rappers and actually kept it somewhat home grown with some of the west's up and coming rappers to ft too, but look we wont know till we get detox mate but i just dont to hear ross grunting or wayne mumbling and the likes of a drake on the hook.

in all as a fan, im pisse* atm but fu*k it sh*t happens.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

horsebox09 wrote: »
    I think Relapse had good beats; Bagpipes from Baghdad, Same Song & Dance, Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, Underground, all bangers imo, and Ridaz from the Recovery sessions was good too

Wow...Relapse was probably one of the lowest points in Dre's career, how can an album entirely produced by Dre (19 tracks) be so bad? It was slated by everyone that heard it, including Eminem himself.

19 Dr. Dre beats + Eminem rapping over every one of them ... on paper it looks amazing. How it turned out as bad as it did is something I'll never understand. Without a doubt, some of the worst beats Dre has produced in 25+ years were on that album. Compare the beats on that to the beats on Documentary/GRODT/Massacre and maybe you'll see why that album was nowhere near as good as it should have been.

He can still make them though, the problem is that he's just not as consistent as he was. Always liked this one though, as well as 'Imagine' with Snoop.

• Advertisement

in all fairness though how can you correct someones opinion......
    That's a ridiculous argument.
    Put it this way, when you say I put a load of great mc's in the over rated thread, like I'm the one wrong and your right.

That's you correcting me over my opinion.

That's how ridiculous it is, I'd never use it, and it seems those who do use it have selective memory.

The fact still remains, dr dre being desperate is a totally mad thing to say.

in all fairness though how can you correct someones opinion......
    That's a ridiculous argument.
    Put it this way, when you say I put a load of great mc's in the over rated thread, like I'm the one wrong and your right.

That's you correcting me over my opinion.

That's how ridiculous it is, I'd never use it, and it seems those who do use it have selective memory.

The fact still remains, dr dre being desperate is a totally mad thing to say.

Not in my eyes, giving the hottest rapper in the game atm a 100'000 watch who just so happens to have been beefing with 50 aswell as using racial slurs against eminem is kissing up and to me is a desperate move.

I know jimmy tried to sign Ross to interscope last year, maybe dre who seems to be jimmys puppet the last few years is milking Ross into a move.

You can think it's crazy all you want but I think dre is desperate especcally at this stage after 2 failed attempts of a release , the first one being the under pressure song ft jay z the 2nd being kush and that eminem song INAD.

The likes of snoop saying he's working with the wrong people etc it all points in one direction for me.

I think prettyboy hit the nail on the head, he's no where near as consistant as he use to be, relapse/recovery and quite a few failed artists are sign he isn't.

Relapse was bad because of Eminem. It had very very few good lines on it.

I agree I would love to see Detox be all close affiliates to shady/aftermath and new talent from the West but it was never going to be that.

I will be happy if it is released and Nate Dogg features heavily.

Dre has been consistent - he has been producing and rapping for 20+ years. Eminem has been rapping for 14 ish and he has had nowhere near the consistency.

Even compared to any other producer he has been on top for the most time.

Getting close to the point where boom bap slaps an infraction on me and accuses me of trolling so I'll reiterate for the very last time.
    Dre is in no way shape or form desperate, to suggest he is is mad, to state for a fact he is is unbelievably crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Getting close to the point where boom bap slaps an infraction on me and accuses me of trolling so I'll reiterate for the very last time.
    Dre is in no way shape or form desperate, to suggest he is is mad, to state for a fact he is is unbelievably crazy.

so anything you disagree with is mad or crazy?? fair enough.

Anyway i wouldn't go as far as to calling him desperate. thats a bit of an over exaggeration tbh, i think he is certainly making the wrong moves. ross, drake, wayne, he should stay as far away from them lads as possible, he doesn't need them at all, he has the whole world of hip hop at his disposal and he goes for three of the biggest shams in the music industry.

I don't think he's desperate, he's just gettin greedy and working with ross and drake and wayne for the money thats in it.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    so anything you disagree with is mad or crazy?? fair enough.

Anyway i wouldn't go as far as to calling him desperate. thats a bit of an over exaggeration tbh, i think he is certainly making the wrong moves. ross, drake, wayne, he should stay as far away from them lads as possible, he doesn't need them at all, he has the whole world of hip hop at his disposal and he goes for three of the biggest shams in the music industry.

I don't think he's desperate, he's just gettin greedy and working with ross and drake and wayne for the money thats in it.

I do not like Drake, Wayne or Ross but at least he is not working with big sean, khaled or odd future that would be much worse.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you want to discuss your infractions, please take that to PM. There is no need for that on thread.

To be honest, i'm with you on this one. I dont think he is desperate, I just think that he is taking a direction that is unexpected and probably not needed.
    He shouldnt have to have top chart sellers featured on his album to add to sales. That is if he's doing it for that reason. i firmly believe that he wants Detox to be a commercial sucess and is why he is doing this and why there have been 'leaks' to test different sounds.

In relation to the whole Rick Ross thing, is it not possible that they have become friends. From what I have read, it sounds that way and the watch was a b-day present, and Dre has been giving Ross advise.

I think that there are going to be two camps on Dre working with the Rick Ross, Drake and Lil Waynes of this day and age. The first is the newer school hip hop heads who love Wayne and Ross etc. who are going to dig what he is doing. The second is those who have grown up with Dre as thier lifes soundtrack and who dont care for the chart selling artists and want to hear more if the same from Dre.

I think those 2 camps are even evident here on this thread!

Oh, Relapse and Recovery were both garbage, and Dre's beats for Rae and Busta have been average at best.

I think those 2 camps are even evident here on this thread!

very true.
    To be honest, i'm with you on this one. I dont think he is desperate, I just think that he is taking a direction that is unexpected and probably not needed.
    He shouldnt have to have top chart sellers featured on his album to add to sales. That is if he's doing it for that reason. i firmly believe that he wants Detox to be a commercial sucess and is why he is doing this and why there have been 'leaks' to test different sounds.

i wouldn't say it was unexpected, i feared for it after seeing eminem doing something similar to an extent on recovery.

but ye i would agree he shouldnt have to reach out for these possible features, ye some say the album was meant to have an up beat techno vibe to it but i think dre said himself he scrapped that.
    In relation to the whole Rick Ross thing, is it not possible that they have become friends. From what I have read, it sounds that way and the watch was a b-day present, and Dre has been giving Ross advise.

find the friendship part very hard to believe, he only reached out because he is very relevant in america , not because he is an incredible rapper, basically imo because it appealed commercially to dre and would possibly benefit him, a desperate move imo the 100'000 watch was just a in my eyes a bi*ch move by dre.
    Oh, Relapse and Recovery were both garbage, and Dre's beats for Rae and Busta have been average at best.

agreed again, although i enjoyed the recovery album as a whole , i didnt like dre's production it.

find the friendship part very hard to believe, he only reached out because he is very relevant in america , not because he is an incredible rapper, basically imo because it appealed commercially to dre and would possibly benefit him, a desperate move imo the 100'000 watch was just a in my eyes a bi*ch move by dre.

You can't really say he just reached out because he wants to be seen with the most relevant rapper out there, you don't know that. I really think it's just a case of Dre saying he likes what Ross is doing, he likes his music, he'd like to meet him and maybe talk about working together at some point. Same thing happened with Kendrick last year. What's the difference here? Dre doesn't give a **** that Ross used to be a C.O. and why should he? He obviously thinks he's good at what he does and that he could bring something to the table for Detox.

This isn't the end of the world, there are plenty of worse rappers out there than Ross, the fact is that you wouldn't mind him as much if you didn't know that he used to be a C.O. To be fair to him, the fact that he remains as one of the biggest, most in-demand rappers in the industry after being exposed by 50 Cent is extremely impressive in itself. There aren't many rappers out there that would have survived it like Ross did.

Just realized it's coming up to 1 year since Dre released the video for INAD .. apart from the Die Hard snippet that video was the last "official" piece of Detox news we've had, now he pretty much refuses to talk about it in interviews and the only time he talks about music is when he's telling us that he's going to break a break from it..

Dre started working on Detox when he was 36. He's 47 this month.

• Advertisement

Dre started working on Detox when he was 36. He's 47 this month.
    that right their is scary lol, puts it into perspective the man is not getting any younger by any means.

In those 10 years he has done a lot though, still hope this gets released sometime anyway.

In those 10 years he has done a lot though, still hope this gets released sometime anyway.

and released fuck all if you think about it.
    most of what he has done won't even appear on the album.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    and released fuck all if you think about it.
    most of what he has done won't even appear on the album.

Literally thousands of tracks scrapped over the last 10 years. If we're really lucky we'll get to hear 15-16 of them someday.

15-16 of the ones he thinks are good enough to be on the album.
    Plus there have been many leaks, many songs put on different projects too.

He has been a huge part in 50, Game and Eminem over the past 10 years not to mention all the other work he has done.

He is a perfectionist, not lazy.

15-16 of the ones he thinks are good enough to be on the album.
    Plus there have been many leaks, many songs put on different projects too.

He has been a huge part in 50, Game and Eminem over the past 10 years not to mention all the other work he has done.

He is a perfectionist, not lazy.

Who said he was lazy? Hardly - he hasn't stopped working in 25+ years. 10 years working on the same album is unheard of though.

This better be on the album and if it isn't someone better leak the full version :pac:

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Who said he was lazy? Hardly - he hasn't stopped working in 25+ years. 10 years working on the same album is unheard of though.

15 years for chinese democracy, because axl rose kept scraping it much like Dre.

Hopefully Eminem records a different hook for that song, Dres verse is nice and the beat is good very different.

15 years for chinese democracy, because axl rose kept scraping it much like Dre.

Well that gives me a little bit of hope for Detox :)

Only seeing this picture now, it was taken on January 29th and posted on Pharrell's website with the caption "Epic Studio Time".

IMG_50089.jpg

Dre really needs to start using antiperspirant deodorant, the pic with Ross and Khaled and now this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

I do not like Drake, Wayne or Ross but at least he is not working with big sean, khaled or odd future that would be much worse.

I hate people who go crazy about OF and over rate them so much but would you genuinely put Ross and Wayne ahead of for example Earl Sweatshirt? Not that this is relevant to detox

that die hard song is good, but tbh its not what im looking for from dre. agree with conor that em isn't great on the hook but the beats nice enough.

i think possibly a few of us might just have a hard time liking detox if we ever get it.

im crying out for him to just recapture that west coast gangsta sound one more time but i dont think its going to happen now leaving me with a high chance that im not going to like it but then again it could work in the opposite way too i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I really, really REALLY reeeeaaaaallly hope Lil Wayne or rick Ross are not on the album.

I'd be happy if the only guests were: Snoop, Eminem, Jay-Z and Nas. Plus maybe a relative unknown slick singer to do the hooks. I want this album 90%+ pure west coast (rest of 10% for the greats Em, Jay-Z + Nas.)

(If Rihanna appears within a 100 mile radius of the album: remember during the early 90's and all those people stamped on Death Row records on the streets because of the misogynism and negative lyrics? That'd be me.)

(and yes, i'd be doing the work of all those feet by myself.)

im crying out for him to just recapture that west coast gangsta sound one more time but i dont think its going to happen now leaving me with a high chance that im not going to like it but then again it could work in the opposite way too i suppose.

Hopefully he will still retain the West Coast sound, Topless and Young World are exactly what I'd like the album to sound like TBH.

I like Die Hard too, don't know what it is but every time I listen to it I just want to go to the gym :P

I really, really REALLY reeeeaaaaallly hope Lil Wayne or rick Ross are not on the album.

I'd be happy if the only guests were: Snoop, Eminem, Jay-Z and Nas. Plus maybe a relative unknown slick singer to do the hooks. I want this album 90%+ pure west coast (rest of 10% for the greats Em, Jay-Z + Nas.)

(If Rihanna appears within a 100 mile radius of the album: remember during the early 90's and all those people stamped on Death Row records on the streets because of the misogynism and negative lyrics? That'd be me.)

(and yes, i'd be doing the work of all those feet by myself.)

i will get sick if i see Bruno mars even mentioned as a possibility in the most bizarre situation possible

I hate people who go crazy about OF and over rate them so much but would you genuinely put Ross and Wayne ahead of for example Earl Sweatshirt? Not that this is relevant to detox

I would much prefer to hear Wayne or Drake than OF.

• Advertisement

I would much prefer to hear Wayne or Drake than OF.

OF are a group, I'm talking about Earl Sweatshirt individually. They aren't all about faking eating cockroaches in attention seeking videos.

OF are a group, I'm talking about Earl Sweatshirt individually. They aren't all about faking eating cockroaches in attention seeking videos.

Of course they are a group and I refer to them as a group I am not going to mention all 10 of them. They are all trash and overly arrogant and get way too much attention. Tyler was the one who ate the cockroach anyway iirc.

Of course they are a group and I refer to them as a group I am not going to mention all 10 of them. They are all trash and overly arrogant and get way too much attention. Tyler was the one who ate the cockroach anyway iirc.

I already said they get way too much attention too. I didn't ask you to refer to them individually? I was saying aren't all trash and there's individual talent... which is where Earl came in...

As I said I think all of them that rap are trash, that includes Earl.

Tyler was the one who ate the cockroach anyway iirc.

I know

• Advertisement

As I said I think all of them that rap are trash, that includes Earl.

Fair enough, I'd bet you wouldn't say that if ya didn't know he was OF though. This conversation is irrelevant though

Fair enough, I'd bet you wouldn't say that if ya didn't know he was OF though. This conversation is irrelevant though

I heard him before I heard of OF, plus who artists affiliate themselves with is important.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Well that gives me a little bit of hope for Detox :)

Only seeing this picture now, it was taken on January 29th and posted on Pharrell's website with the caption "Epic Studio Time".

IMG_50089.jpg

Dre really needs to start using antiperspirant deodorant, the pic with Ross and Khaled and now this :pac:
    first time seeing this as well, he is going to/has worked with nearly everybody.

jesus that young world beat alone, wow, how anyone ever doubted dre stuns me.

Ye it's def a gym tune alright and a good song in general, like I said though its not something I personally would like to hear on detox.

Dre's version of young world sounds class, I fell in love with that the first time I heard it and posted it here straight away.

The original is quality by slick rick, also nas released a good version of it a year or two ago aswell, really like from what I heard of dre's version though very modernised sound to it.

He might of just improved a classic which is a hard thing to do, topless is a banger so is IMO the original version of sh*t popped of with t.i. Not a huge fan of t.i's version on his mixtape , dre done well on it I just think they ruined it a bit with the hook they brought in.

Great, another sub-par rapper confirmed to be on the album.
    After photos surfaced of the pair in the studio, Ricky Rozay says that they're working on each other's projects.

Rick Ross recently tweeted a picture of him with Dr. Dre and DJ Khaled in the studio, though it was unclear whether or not the two were working on anything in particular. At last night's Grammy Awards, Ricky Rozay confirmed that the pair were collaborating for both Detox and God Forgives, I Don't, though he remained vague about the songs themselves.

"That's mandatory, my brother," he told MTV News' Sway Calloway on the red carpet when asked if the two were working on God Forgives, I Don't. Calloway followed by asking if they also worked together for Dre's Detox, to which the MMG boss gave the same response. "That's mandatory, my brother," he echoed.

"We making some things happen, man — we just gonna see where the pieces fall," he continued. "But we most definitely putting in major work."

so we are going to have rick ross grunts on detox, great.:rolleyes:

also according to slim da mobster the tracks supposed to be a banger and that detox will drop sooner than we think via his twitter.

If it gets Detox released I don't care what Dre does, I just want to hear the album.

If it gets Detox released I don't care what Dre does, I just want to hear the album.

ah i dont care about it until i get a date and a tracklist, dre has not only exhausted himself but also his fans but if i see young money and the likes ft'd on it, il listen to it on the web and decide to buy it then or not.

i dont want these clowns on detox or even see dre making music with them, thats my personal opinion as a dre fan.

i dont want these clowns on detox or even see dre making music with them, thats my personal opinion as a dre fan.

I agree, I don't even want to hear their music anywhere let alone detox but if it gets the album out then its all good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement