Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone..

Options
  • 17-08-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

My Sony Ericsson k800i broke on me today, so looks like I will be needing a new phone. I loved my k800i and would nearly be interested in buying that again, but was wondering if there is anything else similar to it?
    I prefer Sony Ericssons, I'd like a decent camera, media player able to play mp3 files, mobile internet would be useful, bluetooth. I'd prefer a normal keypad, don't like touchscreens. I'm an O2 prepay customer, and am entitled to thiry euro free credit from my loyalty according to their website. Ideally I'd love to get a phone for under a hundred euro, but I'd range up to 130 euro maybe.
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

hmm yeah me too i remember a piece of plastic falling of it bit by bit every month i had it after the warranty ended lol

http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&enableAddToCartBtn=true&catalogId=10001&phoneId=144599&flowType=SU&productId=144599&partNumber=35987403&wcmArea=

closest thing on o2 from SE in ur price range for ur need

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

well i bought it the week it came out ;) after half a year or so the plastic body case got very noisy...year after the cover was in bad state and the side buttons were ****ed up...then after a year something happened to the phone radio as it could barely pick up a signal...

i bought one for my mother and after 3 months it froze and never woke up...then i got her another one cause she liked it alot and that one went bust after about a year too...

like fair enough i could take a phone to the edge but my mum just calls texts and takes pictures/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

my k800 broke after a year and then i got the c902 which i liked better in every way. Horses for courses i suppose

• Advertisement

guess this thread is gonna turn into how bad the K800 was :D

even though i kinda think at that day and age the K800i came out a year for a phone was good

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

You can also get the c510. I have it for a few months over a year now and its doing grand. Good camera as well. Used to own the k750i but it was getting old so I upgraded. I still own it and it works just like it did on day one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I loved my K800i, brilliant phone, I know where you can still buy a K800i if you are interested, send me a pm :)

The K800i was one of the best phones I had, I only stopped using mine in February! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Anyone know where I can get a new sim-free or Vodafone c902? Or recommend something similar on the Vodafone network?? I'm switching from Meteor and fairly attached to mine but the back is missing and I'd rather buy a new one than pay to get it unlocked and find new parts. Cheers.

Advertisement