Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Wave v. Sony Vivaz

Options
  • 17-08-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I want a phone with HD video recording, for me it has come down to either the wave or the vivaz. What does boards think i should get?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

i have a vivaz and love it. Very easy to use. Video is great but there is no proper flash on it or camera so both are only ok at night. Isn't the wave andriod? So it will have better apps etc. Have a plaY with both and see. Some things are personal what i like you may not and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Wave isn't Android, it runs Samsung's own Bada OS.

ah right. Still probably more app than symbian though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

didn't realise the vivaz had no flash, looks like im gonna consider the wave even more then because i want this as a camera as well. Unless anyone has anything bad to say about the wave??

well it has a constant led light but its poor tbh i get better pics out of my old c902

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

Both the Wave and the Vivaz have a LED "Flash"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Wave has a great camera and has an LED flash. The HD video capability is awesome with barely any artifacts because it does not use heavy compression. The cost of this high quality is it gobbles memory at about 87mb per minute of HD video, so budget for a decent sized and reasonably fast memory card, because out of the box, the available memory is only good for a few minutes of recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

I think you get a 8GB MicroSD included with the Vivaz

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

I have Wave and had Samsung i8910, which is a similiar to Vivaz phone (but a bit higher class).

I can say, that i8910 and Vivaz are no competition to Wave and it's OS, Bada.
    Wave is about 3 months on the market, and it already has support from developers like Handmark, EA, Gameloft, Namco.
    There is currently only 750 apps in the Samsung store, huge majority of which is crap, but even now it has many decent games, for example NFS, N.O.V.A, Sandstorm, HAWX and still counting.

In terms of the phone hardware, it is superior in every aspect to Vivaz - no question about it.
    In terms of Software, it may not have huge amount of apps yet, but at least it is consistent, managed by Samsung unlike Symbian^1, which was used in i8910, Vivaz, and couple of different non Nokia smartphones, but have compatibility issues with apps from Ovi store.

Go for Samsung, no brainer for me :)
    Just get at least class 4 or higher memory card for HD recording.

i have to agree with the post above and i own a vivaz!

• Advertisement
Advertisement