Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer keeps rebooting when it gets to the welcome screen.

• 17-08-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭

Computer was working grand yesterday, then I came back to it and found that it kept restarting when it gets to the welcome screen(windows xp), tried safe mode but it just loads for a while then restarts again, there's nothing really on the P.C I want to keep so I don't mind re-installing my XP disc but I can't get anywhere with the damn thing. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Try doing a repair install from your XP CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've solved loads of these with this link, http://saveme.danfischbach.com/.

Basically all you have to do is download and burn the Vista Boot Disk (yes Vista). Then download another ISO program called "save me".

If you don't want to go through the steps all you do is:
    • Boot the Vista disk. Click Next on the Welcome screen. It'll search for a Vista installation and find none, just click Next.
    • Click Command Prompt on the next screen. Take out the vista boot disk and put in the one labelled "save me" (the second iso he asks you to download).
    • Run <cd drive letter>:\saveme and the program will start. You just have to follow a few steps and it'll fix your reboot problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cool, how do I boot from the CD though? When it boots up I press F12 and I disable the harddisk in the hope it would boot up from the disc drive, but it doesn't.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You need to change the boot order priority in the BIOS settings to make it try to boot from the CD before it tires the hard disk.

Yeah I did that, but then I just get a message saying strike F1 to retry boot, f2 for setup utility. Wont seem to work at all.

• Advertisement

Ah, just needed to change it from the CD drive to DVD drive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

siblers wrote: »
    Ah, just needed to change it from the CD drive to DVD drive :D

Any joy with this? As I said I've done this countless times and each time it fixed the problem (except maybe once.....but that was a bluescreener as the motherboard was f*cked!).

The only sh*tty part about it is waiting. The spybot S&D scan does take a while but it is worth being thorough.

Advertisement