Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia X3-02

Options
  • 17-08-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Don't think I could get me head around that row of keys on the right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i like the form factor and the design of the phone...its very nice...

though i wonder how long it would take to getting used to having the space button at the side

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

long_b wrote: »
    Don't think I could get me head around that row of keys on the right :(

Qwerty users would be used to it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

you mean nokia qwerty users? :) my qwerty has it on the bottom where the space bar always should stay :)

though again its a lovely design

• Advertisement

Yes i mean nokia qwerty. Most of them, if not all of the newer ones have that setup with the *, # and the 0 on top of each other. As for the space for texts, thats slightly different but you will adapt. The N97 space bar is also to one side, not centred like the e71 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I can see this being about 20 - 50 euro after subsidies and therefore probably quite popular. Looks decent but I'd be put off with it having S40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

got one on Wednesday - not bad - buttons take a bit of getting used to.
    getting there though!

Pity about the lack of flash - the only other thing I would say you have to hold it very still to capture a nice picture.

All in all id give it an 7 / 10

Whats S40

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

dropping my original rating to a 6
    battery life is Sh!T3
    just 24 hrs and didnt use it much at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I held one today, was curious about the feel of the keypad as this is something I look for in a phone.

Didn't power it up though.

Anyhow I didn't like the feel of the keypad so I won't be getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

hi guys my contract is up in march with o2 so porting over to Meteor PAG
    was thinking of buying the Nokia x3-02 ,any advice? don't want a compete touch phone,so when i saw this has keypad as well thought hmmm.any advice greatly appreciated
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seems a basic phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Used one briefly at the weekend, and quite liked it.

I was surprised at how well it worked, tbh. The screen kind of becomes an extension of the keypad after a bit. The screen is resistive, so you do have to apply slight pressure for the click to register, but they've tuned it nicely so that you need around the SAME pressure as you'd have to apply to the physical keys. It's subtle, but good design often is.

Against that, I don't like where they put the 0 # and + keys at the right, not underneath the others. I imagine if it was my phone, I'd get used to it.

Build quality is very good too - solid, with a nice brushed metal (effect?) back cover. No squeaks, no creaks.

Not a "smartphone", but it's got a web-browser (which I couldn't try -- the phone does have Wifi too though) and a Facebook and Ovi store application. This isn't Symbian, but Series40, so it's a lot simpler to get to grips with.

For the price, it's a pretty good phone. Won't win any awards for its specsheet, but does the basic stuff pretty well, and the touch-and-type thing isn't a gimmick at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Worst phone i have ever used..kepad is complete bollix, cant text with one hand etc.

Advertisement