Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Convention in Cork, Sept 11-12

Options

Comments

There was a Star Wars convention in a hotel I was staying in years back in Leicester, I had never imagined there was so many trekkie nerdy dudes of all ages about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I want to go but the tickets are a bit overpriced for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I will fully admit that I am a big nerd and I am sooo excited about this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Boba Fett doesn't look too Kiwi to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It's Boba Fett from the original movies, not the guy from the new ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

I went to invasion dublin and did not find it great if i'm honest not a lot of props or things to see and do.

The Q&A was interesting but you could be waiting a while before it came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I went to invasion dublin and did not find it great if i'm honest not a lot of props or things to see and do.

The Q&A was interesting but you could be waiting a while before it came on.

If that's the case I may give it a miss. I'm a huge fan of the original films but after a proper look through the webpage, I found it hard justifying that cash with how little I have at the mo. I saw a poster with Vader on it and thought maybe James Earl Jones would be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

Kold wrote: »
    If that's the case I may give it a miss. I'm a huge fan of the original films but after a proper look through the webpage, I found it hard justifying that cash with how little I have at the mo. I saw a poster with Vader on it and thought maybe James Earl Jones would be there.

yeah i really looked forward to it but felt let down for the price i got bored very easy but like yourself i was a huge fan....but as i said the Q&A is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Kold wrote: »
    Boba Fett doesn't look too Kiwi to me...

you mean Jake The Mus:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InEtQN4muXc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Invasion Dublin

Hey guys looking forward to seeing some of you at Invasion Cork this weekend! As well as having 3 stars not at the Dublin show, there will be more stands for collectables and merchandise. If you haven't got tickets yet you can get them on the door or online at Tickets.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kat151283

I have two tickets for this i won them as a prize. pm me for details

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

Milly33 wrote: »
    I want to go but the tickets are a bit overpriced for it
    try here have 4 for 30 quid whoever comes first

http://www.adverts.ie/285732/theatre-and-shows/invasion-cork-sat-11th-sept/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yaris00

hi,is that 20 euro for the two tickets?

yaris00 wrote: »
    hi,is that 20 euro for the two tickets?

yes 20 altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

need 3 tickets for round 20€

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

thought it was very poor................. vehicles made out of cardbaord and bits of chip board! they could have had some original props! Not worth 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

simpsons-nerd.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ I'm saving that gif :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TK3118

thought it was very poor................. vehicles made out of cardbaord and bits of chip board! they could have had some original props! Not worth 20!

really what Vehicles were made out of cardboard?

• Advertisement

every single one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I took a few photos on my phone of this on Friday but seeing as I am not really a fan I have no clue if my photos are of the famous people / main characters :o:D

(apart from Darth Vader of course)

TK3118 wrote: »
    really what Vehicles were made out of cardboard?
    every single one!

I think your mistaken about they are all made out of cardboard the materials used are Wood/Steel/Plastics/Foam/Rubber the list could go on some of the sets have cost between 3-7000 Sterling to build but its the same types of materials that would have been used on the Original props and sets, Many months of work go into making the sets and for yourself to just say they were all made of cardboard is factualy wrong and misleading, And when Kenneth Colley was asked what he thought of the sets His words were ''In all my years the only time I seen anything like them was on the set of the films''. So that comming from someone who was on the set from the OST thats pretty big thumbs up in my book.

More like thrown together in somebodys back garden!! Fake wooden\foam\metal .........biggest con job since Anglo Irish!

Are you sure about what your saying are you sure you were even at the event your discription of the sets is wrong and misleading, I can post up full building process of the Y-wing,AT-ST walker,AT-RT plus i do have footage of Matthew wood touring the sets by himself for his live blog and then meeting Ken colley in the throne room if you know who they are? and the conversation goes like this

KC sitting on the Emperors Throne
    MW: laughs "Suits you great, aw that's great"
    KC: "This is the best we've ever seen"
    MW:"This is amazing yeah, amazing, it looks fantastic"

Now Matthew wood is currently working for Lucasfilm and has done for 15 years Ken Colley well he's being doing conventions for 15 years or more I dont think they would be saying those types of things if the sets were Cardboard the only person on here trying a con job is you, by telling porkies about what you have seen at the show I dont get why people feel the need to lie oh well roll on belfast.

Thanks for your time

Do it! put them up!!! Sounds like you were getting a cut of the 20 euro!

p.s. he will hardly say they are crap!

Advertisement