Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A career as a GP

Options
  • 17-08-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,
    Just wondering what are the obstacles to a career as a GP these days in Ireland. Was going to talk to my family doctor about this but thought that maybe I would ask medical students or recent graduates as they may have more up-to-date info aswell.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I have heard it can be very hard to get into the GP scheme, there are a lot more applicants than places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 who.dunnit

It's hard enough to get into. You have to show you really want to do it and that you're suited to it. They used get students who'd go and train as a gp and then go back to working in a hospital. It takes about half a million to train as a gp so it was money down the drain for them!

Advertisement