Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann - Balbriggan

Options
  • 17-08-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anybody who gets the Bus Eireann from Balbriggan.

From Thursday the bus will go via Harry Reynolds Road (i.e. not through the town).

I presume this is due to a resumption to Balbriggan's main past time, digging up the main street. I think this is near the tenth time this has been done in the past five years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

The roads are closing for resurfacing works

http://balbriggan.net/TownCouncil/august2010.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

DarrenG wrote: »
    The roads are closing for resurfacing works

http://balbriggan.net/TownCouncil/august2010.html

Again? Did they not spend the guts of last year doing that already?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

pithater1 wrote: »
    I presume this is due to a resumption to Balbriggan's main past time, digging up the main street. I think this is near the tenth time this has been done in the past five years.
    The main street hasn't been resurfaced for years.

Over the last few years the main waste water and drainage along the main street were upgraded. This was then followed by an upgrade of the paths and the moving of the overhead cables underground.

Over the course of this work numerous holes were dug in the main street to facilitate it and patched back at each location temporarily.

The resurfacing thats due to be carried out is the completion of all these works. The work itself was necessary due to the increase of the towns population.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The main street hasn't been resurfaced for years.

Over the last few years the main waste water and drainage along the main street were upgraded. This was then followed by an upgrade of the paths and the moving of the overhead cables underground.

Over the course of this work numerous holes were dug in the main street to facilitate it and patched back at each location temporarily.

The resurfacing thats due to be carried out is the completion of all these works. The work itself was necessary due to the increase of the towns population.

Fair enough, you would have thought that they would have got it all done in the one go but sadly, forward planning is not a concept that us Irish can seem to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

pithater1 wrote: »
    Fair enough, you would have thought that they would have got it all done in the one go but sadly, forward planning is not a concept that us Irish can seem to grasp.
    You can't just lay down pipes 6 foot down, then put in services and new paths on top straight away.

You need to give yourself a window of time in case anything goes wrong so your not digging up work you've just done. Systems need to be tested and it's not a job that can be done in a quick fix time. The waste water treatment project in Balbriggan is large scale.

What they've done IS forward planning as they moved the waste water project forward by a few years to do it before the street regeneration project and allow them to run consequently.

Well done to FCC, I don't think you realise how complex of a job has been carried out, thats a bit Irish too to be honest, jumping to conclusions.

• Advertisement

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You can't just lay down pipes 6 foot down, then put in services and new paths on top straight away.

You need to give yourself a window of time in case anything goes wrong so your not digging up work you've just done. Systems need to be tested and it's not a job that can be done in a quick fix time. The waste water treatment project in Balbriggan is large scale.

What they've done IS forward planning as they moved the waste water project forward by a few years to do it before the street regeneration project and allow them to run consequently.

Well done to FCC, I don't think you realise how complex of a job has been carried out, thats a bit Irish too to be honest, jumping to conclusions.

Fair enough, guess I was somewhat guilty of jumping to conclusions.

As an aside, yesterday morning was complete and utter chaos in Balbriggan. Fair enough the work needs to be done but did they have to block off access to Railway Street from both sides?

Advertisement