Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can i do apart from repeating if i get no offers at all?

• 17-08-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

was thinkin abou that myself actually :(

wait for de 2nd round ..if no luck wat u can u is ask your principal ti

ring up a PLC college with a bit of luck they might take u in even if u
    didnt apply for 1 or didnt go for an interview

wat u wanna do in college ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

neiler987 wrote: »
    was thinkin abou that myself actually :(

wait for de 2nd round ..if no luck wat u can u is ask your principal ti

ring up a PLC college with a bit of luck they might take u in even if u
    didnt apply for 1 or didnt go for an interview

wat u wanna do in college ?

You can still apply to PLC colleges so get on the ball immediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭lucybrown

hmmm ok thanks! ye i wish so bad i went for a PLC interview during the year! loads in my year did! dunno why i didnt!

my 1st choice is business and management in DIT which is 410 and thats the highest on my cao but i know im not gonna get that. but i put down 20 courses ha between level 8 and level 6 +7 and the lowest i have is 215 so i shud get something if im lucky! there all business courses of some kind! i just wanna prepare myself for the worst!

how about u?

You can still apply to PLC colleges so get on the ball immediately!

thx applyin now shouldve done it ages ago ...hopefully i wont need it but just
    in case

lucybrown wrote: »
    hmmm ok thanks! ye i wish so bad i went for a PLC interview during the year! loads in my year did! dunno why i didnt!

my 1st choice is business and management in DIT which is 410 and thats the highest on my cao but i know im not gonna get that. but i put down 20 courses ha between level 8 and level 6 +7 and the lowest i have is 215 so i shud get something if im lucky! there all business courses of some kind! i just wanna prepare myself for the worst!

how about u?

i put down 20 aswell even tho i know i wont get half of de offers lol

main ones wud be the 3 accountancy courses in tallaght IT 200-245
    got 265 in de mock
    predicting 220 215 in the leavin :(
    lazy me :P

• Advertisement

yeah i have stuff down from tallaght IT aswell

265? thats real good i got 160 thats so ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

if you get no offers at all... well, if you really dont want to repeat... you could think about taking a year out to work part time or travel or maybe volunteer work and then reapply next year again and maybe things wont be as bad this time 12 months in terms of the amount of applicants? Theres always options out there. But given the current state of affairs... best repeat and do the best to get the most points you can.

265 is ok ish bu i wanted 300+ in the leaving 2 be comfortable so i wudnt be

worryin like i am now :(
    i know business courses shouldnt go up a whole lot this year so fingers
    crossed yeno

165.. how u think u got on in the leavin a lil bit better or a lot better

if ur min is 215 id say its gonna ul get somewhere hope for the best

ye apparently business courses shudnt go up so hopefully we will be ok!
    yeah the leaving did go better then the mocks and i acually studied for it like i did **** all for the mocks! so im hoping to do better. id love 350 id be over the moon with that!

lucybrown wrote: »
    yeah the leaving did go better then the mocks

went de opposite for me :(

well if u think u got over 300 ul be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Guys if you think business courses won't go up this year you will need your brain checked.

Go to the cao website tomorrow and check the points.

Eg in maynooth business courses went up by 20 points.

Guys if you think business courses won't go up this year you will need your brain checked.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0816/1224276890511.html
    says...Business courses boomed during the Celtic Tiger years but student demand has slowed in the past three years.

if it does go up its nt gonna be much mayb 10 points ?... not 50+ like some courses i heard about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Go to the cao website tomorrow and check the points.

Eg in maynooth business courses went up by 20 points.
    Are you sure maynooth went up by 20 points? Because that's what I have down!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Points have not gone up. That's impossible.
    They WILL go up for many subjects. The points aren't even decided until all the offers are made.
    Points don't even matter unless there's more applications for a course than there are places available. If you apply for a course along with so and so ammount of people and the total is less than or equal to available places, you are guaranteed to get in if you meet the minimum entry requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

From someone with a lot of life experience, I would recommend that whatever course you choose to study for 3/4 years, ensure it is one you like and are interested in, no point working in a job you may grow to hate whatever the pay.

So if this means doing a PLC for one year in a subject of preferred interest, do so. Do not accept an offer just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

^^ thats the most important IMO.
    I couldn't imagine waking up every day to do something I loathe. You'd drive into some serious depression.

On the other hand, I've already accepted defeat here, reckon I'll just get a repeat form tomorrow before I even open my results. But hopefully not!:D

The points have gone up. In maynooth I can tell you it's has.
    What if 50 people meet all the requirements for a subject e.g accounting and there's 30 places 20 people will miss out.

Even though you get the minimum requirements and the points you are not guaranteed a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The points have gone up. In maynooth I can tell you it's has.
    What if 50 people meet all the requirements for a subject e.g accounting and there's 30 places 20 people will miss out.

Even though you get the minimum requirements and the points you are not guaranteed a place.

From highest points downward?

From highest points downward?

Yes

Advertisement