Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung wave screen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

HTC HD2 community welcomes you to "Use your phone screen as a chopping board" community :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Yeah, it looks nice on video and impressive alright, but I managed to scratch upper right corner of mine while cleaning it with a cloth...

How?

Well, there probably was some tiny particle on the cloth, like sand, and there you go... It may be knife proof, key proof, but not sand or dirt proof or bad luck proof.

either the samsung screen is not as tough as HTC Screens or either you damaged it before and didn't notice it...

i mean i had my friends abuse the screen/i did and theres still no mark on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

he's barely putting any pressure at all on on that video.

dont know about that but i actually tried harder on hd2 and nothing :) would post a video of mine if i had any sort of decent upload speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You 'tried' to scratch the screen on your phone?

Well done. That shows real dedication to your cause of proving your phone is just the best, and there couldn't possibly be anything else as good - or heaven forbid - better.

You even tried a lot harder. My level of admiration would be hard to measure.

whats wrong with trying? its a bloody glass screen...try getting a knife and scratching that...see how hard you fail...

i paid for my hd2 i have every right to do what i want with it including experimenting what the phone is capable of!

and sorry i tried this months ago when i bought the phone...a swell as seeing it on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

whats wrong with trying? its a bloody glass screen...try getting a knife and scratching that...see how hard you fail...

No problem scratching it with a decent knife. Plenty of quality knives have blades made from tool grade steels which have a hardness greater than glass.
    On the Mohs scale, a pencil "lead" (graphite) has a hardness of 1; a fingernail, 2.2–2.5; a copper penny, 3.2–3.5; a pocketknife 5.1; a knife blade, 5.5; window glass plate, 5.5; and a steel file, 6.5.[10] A streak plate (unglazed porcelain) has a hardness of 7.0. Using these ordinary materials of known hardness can be a simple way to approximate the position of a mineral on the scale.[1]

well i wouldn't go that far...im just happy to know that when my phones in the pocket the screen wont be destroyed from keys change or anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

If you really want to test it, get someone whos phone it isnt to try scratch it. I volunteer.

• Advertisement

haha i did :) but i only gave them a copper coin :D

Advertisement