Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

red circling

Options
  • 17-08-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

I am in dispute with my employer for the last 20 months over a payment i used to receive in my wages,its in the hands of the rights commissioner at the moment.
    The payment in question was "red circled" by my employer as part of a restructuring package,it was an allowance that I received each week.almost 2 years ago a ballot was held for a new restructuring package and it was passed (i voted for it)
    This new package mentioned nowhere that I would lose this previous red circled payment but as soon as it was passed this payment stopped.
    As far as I'm concerned its a fairly open and shut case,I feel I'm entitled to this money and to have it back dated but my employer doesn't.
    Basically,what I'm asking is does anyone on here know what is the legality of a red circled payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

imo red circled just mean targeted as in you employer saw this payment as a perk which upon a vote he reckoned he could win and get the perk abolished!

if its so open and shut case whats the worry? was this payment originally in your contract or not?

i dont think the term has any legal conotations and is probably an offisim but im open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

imo red circled just mean targeted as in you employer saw this payment as a perk which upon a vote he reckoned he could win and get the perk abolished!

if its so open and shut case whats the worry? was this payment originally in your contract or not?

i dont think the term has any legal conotations and is probably an offisim but im open to correction
    I'm not really worried to be honest as I'm fairly confident that i'll eventually win the case,it's just so frustrating that it's taking so long.that's why i was asking about the legalities because I'm thinking of getting a solicitor involved.
    the payment was in my original contract and I received it for 11 years till it stopped in late 2008.
    They actually tried to settle with me away from the LRC a few months ago but of course that was denied when we were last in front of the rights commissioner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

anything done outside the office of the rights commissioner stays there and is not brought into discussion unless to tell the commissioner thats its sorted even if it emplies liability on your employers

the whole idea of the rights commissioner is to avoid a full court hearing and lining the pockets of legal eagles. however if you have a family solicitor he will charge you nothing for listening to you and why dont you letter them the details so they have a record and if needs be they have a starting point.

the only time you might need a solicitor is afterwards if the commissioner sides with you the payment is not forth coming after a while a solicitor might be required to apply for a court order to get it.

btw when did you inform the LRC?

Advertisement