Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The countdown thread.

• 17-08-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I reckoned that maybe a thread to post in while waitng for the results might be a good idea.

I was all relaxed untill, listening to the radio in work, Neil Prendeville decided to tell us how he would hate to be "waiting for the results as if you do badly, sure there is nothing out there! Best to emigrate.... " He is the most sensationalist, ignorant man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Cian92 wrote: »
    Neil Prendeville He is the most sensationalist, ignorant man.

Agree 100% an absolute tool. I heard that and just wanted to hit him!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Haven't been nervous AT ALL until today! Now I'm pretty scared...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Anybody replaying the moment when you're going to open the envelope over and over in your mind? Plus, I keep changing the scenario, imagining going to some quiet place by myself...I'm not nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

i just dont wanna go to school at 9am and be told its not open till 10
    i would die waiting lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I keep imagining myself opening the envelope. They shouldn't even have them in envelopes - that would make it a lot easier!!

I think I'm just going to walk around the yard in a solitary state whilst opening the results. It's going to be really hard to face people if I am dissapointed with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'm absolutely bricking it. Anyone else going to stay up all night? There is no way I'm going to be able to sleep:mad::mad:.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

kev9100 wrote: »
    I'm absolutely bricking it. Anyone else going to stay up all night? There is no way I'm going to be able to sleep:mad::mad:.

I wouldn't be able to stay up all night - this day has dragged on enough as it is. Maybe go on a walk outside to calm yourself and then try and go to bed early!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

*SCREAMMMMMMMMS*

haha meh.... ill prob just dream about it tonight, might feel a bit sick in the morning but right now im excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I wouldn't be able to stay up all night - this day has dragged on enough as it is. Maybe go on a walk outside to calm yourself and then try and go to bed early!

Its a nice idea, but there is just no way I'm sleeping tonight. Oh well. May as well take the dog for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

theowen wrote: »
    Anybody replaying the moment when you're going to open the envelope over and over in your mind? Plus, I keep changing the scenario, imagining going to some quiet place by myself...I'm not nervous.

I've been doing this since last summer D=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's finally sunk in and i'm now nervous :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i am in college and i am even getting a bit nervous for everyone, god i would hate to be back there the day before the results come out. good luck everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

kev9100 wrote: »
    Anyone else going to stay up all night? There is no way I'm going to be able to sleep:mad::mad:.

I don't plan to but my sleeping pattern is so fecked it'll probably happen. Definitely on Sunday night though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pagey

this is my second time recieving my results! last year i was disapointed but i repeated and it was the best decision i've ever done! i feel more confident and have made a lot more friends this year!
    i'm not gonna go to school tomorrow early because i couldn;t face talking to ppl about how i did so i will arrive at 12 and open my results at home..therefore i have no one bothering me! Second time lucky eh?
    good luck everybody! :) take my advce,i did a lot worse then i expected last year and it's not the end of the world if all doesn't go to plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Dreading that moment, you know when you are alone and its just you and the envelope..

For the JC I couldnt open them I was shaking so much.. LAWL..
    What will I be like tomorrow :( Im dreading it so much.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

**** the bed, basically. Haven't been on the forum since the Leaving itself and now I know why... I am ten times more nervous than I was ten minutes ago! Might need a big glass of wine before bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

lock yourself in a bathroom to open them....

i am totally gonna freak first thing tomorrow morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

zam wrote: »
    **** the bed, basically. Haven't been on the forum since the Leaving itself and now I know why... I am ten times more nervous than I was ten minutes ago! Might need a big glass of wine before bed...

Or several. :D

Haven't been on this forum since either, it brings back so many bad memories of those stressful days back in June. Lets just hope all the work pays off. No sleep tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Good luck everyone! :D
    I'm sure ye'll all do great! :)
    And if you don't its not the end of the world!

But anyway,
    Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Reality's biting. Ouch! :o

Don't know how I'll get to sleep tonight, particularly because I've often done so at around 03:00 every night/morning for the last while. I'm so nervous now, I definitely won't sleep any earlier, but I have to get up early tomorrow to get the sodding results! Ah well, a lot of music shall be listened to and a lot of book shall be read tonight.

That school had better be open at 09:00! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I am kinda nervous but we can't do anything about it now. We have done the Leaving. We can't change it. Of course nerves are natural. Whatever happens tomorrow it is nowhere near the end of the world. If you filled up your CAO choices you will be likely to get a course that you like. If you didn't pick many courses it shows confidence which is a good sign. You were confident enough to not jump at putting down many courses.

We'll all be OK. Even if you don't get what you want you have another chance to get it. Plus you'll have more experience.

Best of luck guys. We're all in the same boat. Have a great day tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

if i didn't do ty i'd be getting my results tommorow too. . .:O
    good luck everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

I have two years to go yet...but wanted to pop in to say good luck, I hope you all get what you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

I have two years to go yet...but wanted to pop in to say good luck, I hope you all get what you want!

don't leave it to the last minute :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pagey

Absolutely delighted with how i did...second time lucky i guess! :)
    hope everyone got what they hoped for! :)
    Roll on Cork in Sept :) wooo

Advertisement