Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What class are you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Plebs wrote: »
    Royalty (titled, polo, royal enclosures, personal tailor, servants, estate in country with 10,000s, town house in London). ~0.01% of population.

Upper class (educated at private school, at least 3 generations of wealth in family, educated at red-brick university, summer house and country house, likes art, music, high culture, very discreet). ~0.3% of population.

Upper middle class (doctors, barristers, engineers, managers, administrators, professors earning €150k plus. D4/D6/Howth/Dalkey/etc.) ~0.7% of population.
    Middle class (€50k to €100k, family history not really relevant, own house, pension, holidays twice a year, 2008 Ford Mondeo, university educated). ~4% of population.
    Lower middle class (€30k to €50k, owns flat/rents, implementer/functionary, may not have degree/diploma, travels by bus, MBNA credit card). ~25% of population.

Upper working class (50k+, owns house, drives big car, self-made man/woman, holidays in Costa del Sol, no university education, 2008 Isuzu D-Max in driveway). ~15% of population.
    Working class (€25 to €50k, drinks in the local, loves watching sport on the telly, holidays once a year, probably works for the Corpo). ~25% of the population.
    Lower working class (factory worker, labourer, works with hands, not the brightest) ~10% of population

Underclass I (single mothers, long-term unemployed, totally dependent on the State) ~10% of population
    Underclass II (prisoners, junkies, criminals) ~3% of population

I'm an aristocratic junky, but I'm not a pleb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Gaudizeit wrote: »
    you like men?

Wait, what do you mean?

How were you comparing this thread to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

Superbus wrote: »
    Wait, what do you mean?

How were you comparing this thread to her?

klass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

klass?

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

holy priest and frost mage o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Gaudizeit

Superbus wrote: »
    It's not.

who cares, there's a lovely link to Mylene Klass now, so it has improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

No they're not.

I don't think we should be either.

Awwh,you can't be serious.
    Are we being trolled or what?

Your generalisations are ridiculous,I know a barrister who drinks down the local.
    And I don't get the MBNA credit card thing?

Also,underclass = single mothers?
    Get a grip OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

why didnt you do a poll OP you would have got the same accurate figures and wild assumptions on people and their money like the ones you provided well ~~:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

storm2811 wrote: »
    Awwh,you can't be serious.
    Are we being trolled or what?

Your generalisations are ridiculous,I know a barrister who drinks down the local.
    And I don't get the MBNA credit card thing?

Also,underclass = single mothers?
    Get a grip OP.
    Of course it's a troll.
    I've reported it. It's up to the mods now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

class of '94 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I seem to be everything from upper class to lower working class all at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

i have a belly button :)

Haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

So sad...... :pac: Every "upper class" people i ever met in my life were the worse arsholes! Seriously -who still does think this way?
    My parents -educated (mum is Dr), (father was officer navigator )- not wealthy, not poor, but not able to finantially support me after i finished school.
    Me - 2 years of University, emigrated to Ireland after not beeing able to study or live earning 200eu/per month in book shop.
    Who am i? Who are all those people who were not lucky enough to be born in economically developed counties or not lucky enough to have both parents?
    -and what are worth are those "upper class" selfish, snobs?
    If i were to choose beetwen wealthy, intelligent, educated "upper class" man who thinks only about what to wear on next coctail party and between "working class" simple but genuine and honest guy i would choose the last one (even if he doesn't read books ;), because he at least probably has HEART not just diplomas and ferrari.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

klass?

I like how nobody Thanked the first one, but 2 people thanked the one explaining the joke :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Give over, women don't like heart, they like money and fast cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I like how nobody Thanked the first one, but 2 people thanked the one explaining the joke :p

I thought i'll keep Terry company there, he looked lonely ;)

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Give over, women don't like heart, they like money and fast cars

-apparently not all women. ;)

Maja wrote: »
    -apparently not all women. ;)

Most women do.

For the rest, the money and Fast Cars ain't enough. They want more!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Most women do.

For the rest, the money and Fast Cars ain't enough. They want more!

I am a women too and if i want car i will buy one myself -dont need men for this. :p

I am a women too and if i want car i will buy one myself -dont need men for this. :p

Ah but you wouldnt turn down a free one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Upper class (educated at private school, at least 3 generations of wealth in family, educated at red-brick university, summer house and country house, likes art, music, high culture, very discreet). ~0.3% of population.

I suppose I fit into this class , if you must ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

So sad...... :pac: Every "upper class" people i ever met in my life were the worse arsholes! Seriously -who still does think this way?
    My parents -educated (mum is Dr), (father was officer navigator )- not wealthy, not poor, but not able to finantially support me after i finished school.
    Me - 2 years of University, emigrated to Ireland after not beeing able to study or live earning 200eu/per month in book shop.
    Who am i? Who are all those people who were not lucky enough to be born in economically developed counties or not lucky enough to have both parents?
    -and what are worth are those "upper class" selfish, snobs?
    If i were to choose beetwen wealthy, intelligent, educated "upper class" man who thinks only about what to wear on next coctail party and between "working class" simple but genuine and honest guy i would choose the last one (even if he doesn't read books ;), because he at least probably has HEART not just diplomas and ferrari.
    I'm here. ;) I do read though.:D

;) oh -forgot to mention i like "art, music and high culture" -but my grandfather wasnt wealthy, he was disabled after 2 years in concentration camp (when he was about 20) and my grandmother was working for free as a house maid in some german's officer house during the world war II. Classes... :/

-but i think this german officer was "upper class"...

;) oh -forgot to mention i like "art, music and high culture"
    Em.. Art, yes. Music, yes. High culture?
    Too snobby. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

So what class do you think you are?

Well I'm middle class, innit

Well I would have thought you were working class.

But I don't work, innit

Johro wrote: »
    Em.. Art, yes. Music, yes. High culture?
    Too snobby. :p

Depends on what you understand by high culture...:rolleyes: is theater high culture or symphony orchestra? Its only snobby if you go there to show yourself, not if you love music...

-but my grandfather wasnt wealthy, he was disabled after 2 years in concentration camp (when he was about 20) and my grandmother was working for free as a house maid in some german's officer house during the world war II. Classes... :/
    Jeez.. Sounds pretty awful.
    That's where talking about 'classes' leads though doesn't it?

Johro wrote: »
    Jeez.. Sounds pretty awful.
    That's where talking about 'classes' leads though doesn't it?

-do you think we can qualify this german officer as upper class? I am sure he was driving good car though and he had great house and he could afford maid (for free but who cares and if he killed few jews in the mean time it doesnt matter really)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Depends on what you understand by high culture...:rolleyes: is theater high culture or symphony orchestra? Its only snobby if you go there to show yourself, not if you love music...

Nope,my mum loves operas and symphonies and she'd be in the "working class",or whatever one which says we love watching sport and drinking down the local..:pac:

• Advertisement

storm2811 wrote: »
    Nope,my mum loves operas and symphonies and she'd be in the "working class",or whatever one which says we love watching sport and drinking down the local..:pac:

- yes, that explains a lot.. :rolleyes: (i am a working class too so, crap :mad:)

Advertisement