Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options
  • 17-08-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

this is the best tuesday ever xD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Cant wait! - 60 player online in r2 was epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Any estimated release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

R3_Tease.1.jpg
    Insominac Games just announced at Gamescom in Germany that Resistance 3 will be out on the PlayStation 3 in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mmmmmmm, massive online aracde style fighting *druels*

• Advertisement

One hell of a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sweet! While I hated the first one bar some elements of the story, the second was massive improvement. Judging by that, this one should be even better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Trailer is pretty epic, nice. Although I didn't enjoy the last game, mite go back to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I enjoyed the last game. Looking forward to seeing how they continue on the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

R2 came with my ps3,I didn't start playing cod4 until I completed it,I'll look forward to this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anyone getting the impression from that live-action trailer that Resistance 3 is going to be 'Left 4 Dead with Aliens'? Not a bad thing, but a departure.

Otacon wrote: »
    Anyone getting the impression from that live-action trailer that Resistance 3 is going to be 'Left 4 Dead with Aliens'? Not a bad thing, but a departure.
    Quite possibly. It's also just as likely they got in some fancy pants external company to do a more artistic/cinematic trailer. Or they're just not far enough into the project to even have a CGI trailer ready for the game.

Either way, I wasn't really impressed by the trailer tbh, this is a video game after all and even target render stuff like that from the KZ2 and R2 trailers would be better than this imo.

gizmo wrote: »
    Or they're just not far enough into the project to even have a CGI trailer ready for the game.

Thats quite possible considering this is the 3rd game they are simultaneously working on (R3, Rachet & clank, unannounced multiplatform game)
    For me Resistance 2 was one of the biggest disappointments ever, Loved the first 1 as it was the first online shooter on a console i played and the way the story was told was great but they just tried to do 2 much with the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Completely agree with iMuse. The first one was fantastic and one hell of a game to open the ps3 with.

There was something about the second one that was just disappointing... Maybe the fact it had no co-op campaign. Nothing was better than playing through the first one with a mate. Good times had by all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tranny_magnet

Interesting teaser.

I loved the first one, was probably my 1st PS3 game. R2 was a big disappointment, too easy & short.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

gizmo wrote: »
    Sweet! While I hated the first one bar some elements of the story, the second was massive improvement. Judging by that, this one should be even better :D
    Wow, I loved the first one and I have to say the storyline and narration were amazing. I didn't like the narration in the second game at all. I normally hate the cut-scenes and story but RFOM1 had me hooked. It was like a movie :)
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Completely agree with iMuse. The first one was fantastic and one hell of a game to open the ps3 with.

There was something about the second one that was just disappointing... Maybe the fact it had no co-op campaign. Nothing was better than playing through the first one with a mate. Good times had by all!

Yeah, RFOM2 was a much better game visually but I preferred RFOM1. Can't wait for the third one :)

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Wow, I loved the first one and I have to say the storyline and narration were amazing. I didn't like the narration in the second game at all. I normally hate the cut-scenes and story but RFOM1 had me hooked. It was like a movie :)
    From a storyline point of view I'd definitely agree with the above, it was extremely well told in R1.

As for the rest of the game, well it was the first game I played on the PS3 but I found it horribly dated, both in terms of gameplay and graphics. The combat and AI were mediocre to say the least, a pretty damning fact for an FPS game, and the weaponry itself was unsatisfying. Despite it being a launch game I still think it was highly overrated.

The sequel, on the other hand was faster paced, had a fantastic sense of scale, better weapons and AI (even if it was a slight improvement) and just felt more solid overall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iMuse wrote: »

Seriously good trailer and music to go with it. Looking forward to this a lot, as I really enjoyed the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sadly this won't be out till killzone 3 have been done and out for a while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Varik wrote: »
    Sadly this won't be out till killzone 3 have been done and out for a while.

Suits me, TBH. I hate it when there's a glut of good games out in a short space of time, especially when they have good online. I get walloped enough at the best of times, I don't really need to give everyone a 3 month head start!!!!

• Advertisement

Some screenshots and concept art :o

http://kotaku.com/5650128/resistance-3-screen-shots//gallery/1

Insomniac seem to be making it more realistic this time round, which is definitely a good thing, i need to feel more immersed in my games!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If they make the multiplayer like they had in fall of man i will gladly buy, otherwise the hole game is just meh imo.. r2 was a let down but was just alright i suppose.. they will never make a game as good as fall of man for its time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good trailer, should have came with a health warning though, my eyes are fooked !

Loved the first one more than the second, the co-op campaign was a much better idea in the first. I only liked some elements of the second one !

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

What a trailer - can't wait for this.

have to say though, I loved R2 - great story and great online play
    Went out and got R1 after that and didn't think it was as good.
    maybe becuase I had played R2 before R1

how and ever, hurry up insomniacgames :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Resistance 2 was a great game but it left it roots from the first resistance game.
    what i loved from resistance one was its dark gritty atmosphere , and its online
    Resistance 2 online was too slow and took way too long to kill somebody , r1 was fast.

Resistance 3 trailer to me shows there going back to there roots with the first , i expect resistance 2 scale with rfom dark gritty atmosphere , hope online will feel the same as the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I played R1 for the first time about a month or two ago, and wasn't overly impressed though I think a lot of that was just due to it being an older game.
    I found it very Halo'ish though, from the weapons, controls and vehicle controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I don't actually own a PS3 nor have i played any of the resistance games.... I actually own a xbox :o

But i do enjoy the Storyline of the resistance series and look forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Advertisement

That looks spectacularly good.

Advertisement