Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cancsajn

dis is gunna b gud xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

looking forward to this, enjoyed the last 2 , the multiplayer has been toned now though only 16 players online now from 60 in the last game. I preferred the smaller battles more so though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

No regenerative health in single player but there is regen in multiplayer? I just hope you can turn it off in multiplayer if your hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Hope this is decent, Loved the first one but thought the 2nd was rubbish, Insomniac tried to do too much with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a big fan of the series

Cant wait for the 3rd. The mulitplayer looks cool and hopefully they'll a beta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Insomniac recently held a Community Day in Hollywood, a good few previews around! From what i've been reading on neogaf and from various previews the game is looking fantastic. More like RFoM than R2 and is less army vs aliens and more survivor vs impossible odds.

G4TV wrote:
    Of all the games Resistance 3 has reminded me of in the couple demos we’ve seen of it, this was the first time Half-Life 2 came to mind in full force, and it was at the forefront of my mind for the duration of the demo.

A few previews:

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance3/news.html?sid=6306376&mode=previews

http://www.g4tv.com/games/ps3/64424/resistance-3/articles/74085/resistance-3-boat-level-reveal-impressions-into-the-misty-heart-of-darkness/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That is looking fantastic. I can't wait to get my hands on it! I enjoyed both games of the series. Resistance 1 was more fun I think, but 2 had a good atmosphere and, by the looks of those previews, they're gonna be keeping that up.

Looking forward to hearing more as the release date gets closer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement

That looks absolutely epic

The Professors voice needs a bit of work.. Not convincing for someone whose on a boat that's surrounded by hostiles.

Other than that it looks absolutely brilliant though!

Love the new look/sound of the bullseye, took me a while to figure out what it was!

That looks awesome. I've got high hopes for it. I like that it's a health pack system instead of regen health. And the combat looks fun. The enemies seem tougher than in Resistance 2, more like the original resistance enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Single-player demo of Resistance 3 will be included on the forthcoming Blu-ray release of Battle: Los Angeles on June 14, which is probably the US release date.

Varik wrote: »
    Single-player demo of Resistance 3 will be included on the forthcoming Blu-ray release of Battle: Los Angeles on June 14, which is probably the US release date.

But i don't wanna buy a mediocre movie :(

But i don't wanna buy a mediocre movie :(

People didn't wan't to buy Zone of the enders but they still did, that doesn't include me i liked that game.

Maybe rent it, not like anyone's going to get it off PSN.

Varik wrote: »
    People didn't wan't to buy Zone of the enders but they still did, that doesn't include me i liked that game.

Maybe rent it, not like anyone's going to get it off PSN.

Doubt they'll include the code ine rental versions.

Saw the movie in the cinema, thought it was good, however watching it a second time would break me :pac:

Doubt they'll include the code ine rental versions.

Saw the movie in the cinema, thought it was good, however watching it a second time would break me :pac:

From what i've heard it's on the disc and you just play it in a PS3. The rental version may not have it but it's the same set-up as with God of war 3 and district 9.

Box art released, have to say i really like it!

5730031449_fdaa6a6133.jpg

I cannot wait for this!! I had actually forgotten about it. I like the artwork, simple but effective.

• Advertisement

The survivor edition is awesome, but will probably cost an absolute fortune

F1ngers wrote: »

But underwhelmed by that tbh.

So now that numerous previews have hit the web (go have a look at any gaming site, you'll find em easily!) and they'll all seem to be very positive, how is everyone feeling about the game?

Have to say for me it's really looking awesome, love that it has more or a R1 vibe as opposed to the acradey style of R2!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

I just wanna find out who's gonna be stocking the Survivor Edition and how much it's gonna cost!

Resistance 3 beta during the first week of August, http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1183374p1.html.

http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames
    Just for clarity's sake: Early Access to the R3 Public Beta begins in Early August. SOCOM4 codes in North America, PS+ in Europe get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know where you would be fit to buy the 3DTV bundle? And what is the price for it? Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

Has anyone heard of any retailers doing the Survivor Edition? I've already preordered with Gamestop in the hope that they'd have it but so far they're only advertising the Regular Edition with the necklace included.

• Advertisement

Con_R wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of any retailers doing the Survivor Edition? I've already preordered with Gamestop in the hope that they'd have it but so far they're only advertising the Regular Edition with the necklace included.

Went into gamestop today and they have the survivor edition

Advertisement