Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

Headshot wrote: »
    Went into gamestop today and they have the survivor edition
    Beast! Cheers man. Can't wait, the end of this year is full of win for PS3 releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Went into gamestop today and they have the survivor edition

How much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

4real wrote: »
    How much is it?

didnt ask, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

good interview today with marcus smith. will post when its transcribed

no resistance 4. at least not from insomniac, as far as he's concerned that's the franchise done bar the portable stuff

doesn't see kbm controls ever taking off on consoles

thinks 3D is going places

lots of morally grey stuff in the r3 story

hale has big role despite not being in it

loves ponies and has an irish granny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

oh, and im still 100% for crashing devs debug ps3s when i play them in 2011

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I just hope the online is as good as it was in the first 1

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I just hope the online is as good as it was in the first 1

With the huge numbers in R2, 32 v32. The big battles were nothing short of EPIC!. And by the looks of the online and campaign footage, they've taken Resistance 3 to the next level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

With the huge numbers in R2, 32 v32. The big battles were nothing short of EPIC!. And by the looks of the online and campaign footage, they've taken Resistance 3 to the next level.

Didnt like R2, single player was ok, online pretty ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

First trailer (Australia):

Also can a mod please edit the thread title so it's not in caps? Caps make me sad panda....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I take it the 3DTV bundle won't be out in Ireland this year then? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Didnt like R2, single player was ok, online pretty ****e

Same here couldn't get into it, asked the developers if they made a consious decision to go back tohow R1 felt when i met them this week and got a politicians answer of well for this one we took the best from R1 ad the best from R2:D So thats a yes so !!

Wasn't really looking forward to this after R2 but after playing plenty of it this week in 2 and 3D i can't wait it is really really good.

Multiplayer has been pegged back to 60players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just for any boards people interested in Resistance multiplayer:

I had both the closed and open betas and coming from a massive resistance fan: The game is awful. It has essentially tried to copy cod by adding loads of perks/killstreaks, making both public and private lobbies exactly like cod and lowering the player count to 8v8. It plays pretty awful and there are far too many gimmicks in it. Would not recommend to anyone.

AdamD wrote: »
    Just for any boards people interested in Resistance multiplayer:

I had both the closed and open betas and coming from a massive resistance fan: The game is awful. It has essentially tried to copy cod by adding loads of perks/killstreaks, making both public and private lobbies exactly like cod and lowering the player count to 8v8. It plays pretty awful and there are far too many gimmicks in it. Would not recommend to anyone.

Heh, i've been playing since the family and friends beta and i absolutely disagree with you.

Different strokes for different folks.

Heh, i've been playing since the family and friends beta and i absolutely disagree with you.

Different strokes for different folks.

I really hope you're right and he's wrong....

Differing opinions I guess, I played RFoM a lot though and a fair amount of R2. Game came as a massive dissapointment to me, doesn't feel like Resistance at all.

AdamD wrote: »
    Differing opinions I guess, I played RFoM a lot though and a fair amount of R2. Game came as a massive dissapointment to me, doesn't feel like Resistance at all.

I guess that can be a positive and a negative. It's changing to try get more people to the Resistance franchise, but maybe that is pushing away the original fans. I haven't played the betas myself, but I did see videos of the online gameplay on ign and I thought it looked pretty slick. But everyone has their opinions, and I just hope even though you're a massive Resistance fan like myself that you're wrong. Otherwise I'll be more disappointed than you are!

Whats your psn? Might have come across you on rfom :P

I'm actually not online at the moment, and I haven't got FoM, must have traded it in yonks ago. Might get it and R2 and play them again before R3 comes out...

GameStop Exclusive Free Chimera Necklace when you pre-order Resistance 3! PLUS Free DLC Content including Infected Nathan Hale Skin, Air Fuel Grenade and Special Multiplayer title: "Sentinel". Offer is valid while stocks last. Chimera necklace is an on-line offer only.Resistance 3 is out 9th September.

Got this in a newsletter from gamestop...
    How are they with the delivery times? would i get the game on release day if i pre-order online? decent price as well.

link here:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/38496_PlayStation_3_Resistance_3.aspx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/108272068591747072
    The clean/logo-free inlay/reversible cover you'll find when you open Resistance 3 on 9/6!!!

http://yfrog.com/z/18vpzdj

Looks so much better than the cover you get with games.
    All games should have alternative covers like this.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/108272068591747072

http://yfrog.com/z/18vpzdj

Looks so much better than the cover you get with games.
    All games should have alternative covers like this.

Aye, i remember seeing the guys on neogaf begging for this to the Insomniac community manager, begging works its seems!

Pretty damn awesome, cover was designed by Olly Moss, as was the recent Gamescon trailer, Sony even let him redisgn the Resistance logo for the game after a megaton of pressure from Insomniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

so what is the best deal around with getting resistance 3?
    I see hmv is giving you battleground los angeles on bluray when you preorder.

phill106 wrote: »
    so what is the best deal around with getting resistance 3?
    I see hmv is giving you battleground los angeles on bluray when you preorder.

its 48.97 delivered on gamestop.ie

link here:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=Resistance%203%20Plus%20FREE%20Chimeara%20necklace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Ive it preordered and all but ill be keeping an eye on gamestop for any special offer during the week, they've done it twice now so im keeping my fingers crossed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dean777

Anyone know when the beta is over?

dean777 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the beta is over?

Tonight

Im having 2nd thoughts about the ce of his game. Do ye think its worth it?

Im having 2nd thoughts about the ce of his game. Do ye think its worth it?

This one?

5758209163_2df9d203a7.jpg

Dunno man, i'm thinking about getting it myself, whose selling it and for how much?

• Advertisement

This one?

5758209163_2df9d203a7.jpg

Dunno man, i'm thinking about getting it myself, whose selling it and for how much?
    no the surivor version 140 euro one.

Advertisement