Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Headshot wrote: »
    no the surivor version 140 euro one.

Ah... I'm not a 140 euro on a game guy, sorry, my opinion would be of little value to you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dont think ill be either. Ill just rent it out for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

Lol 140 on any game is crazy.....unless its mk9 kollectors edition lol

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Is the Special Edition one the one you get when you pre-order it from GameStop does anybody know? It probably isn't but I'd like it to be :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Does anyone know if gamestop are doing the 3 game & €3 trade in deal for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just ordered myself a copy.. Should have it by Friday I would say... Ordered off gamestop they are fast with postage from my dealings with them so will have a go at the game when I get back from school :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

GTR63 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if gamestop are doing the 3 game & €3 trade in deal for this

I bought Deus Ex last week with this offer.
    Offer ends close of business 30th September.

http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradein

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Reviews are up

IGN 9.0 http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1191975p1.html
    Eurogamer 8.0 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-05-resistance-3-review
    Joystiq 4.5 http://www.joystiq.com/ps3/

This might just drag me away from Battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can't wait for it, im tearing through body count now to be clear for the weekend & the missus is on nights ;)

I can't wait for it, im tearing through body count now to be clear for the weekend & the missus is on nights ;)

Yeah neither can I now... Will be playing lots of Homefront up till Friday... Will also be getting Battlefield and MW3 though.. So will prob end up trading in Resistance for Battlefield unless I get the cash..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Really liking the sound of the meatier single player campaign Eurogamer spoke about. Seems to be a nice compromise between Resistance 1 and 2 although I still reckon I'm going to miss
    playing as Hale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does anyone know if you can play co-op through the whole campaign or is it special levels for co-op that are different to the single player?

IGN's review confused me, he picked the bleak campaign as a negative point yet in the review he made it sound positive and every other review site used it as a positive point :/

Good reviews all round though, can't wait to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

gizmo wrote: »
    Really liking the sound of the meatier single player campaign Eurogamer spoke about. Seems to be a nice compromise between Resistance 1 and 2 although I still reckon I'm going to miss
    playing as Hale

I find it just refreshing that there are still developers willing to give people a decent full lenght single player campaign as well as a full featured multiplayer. R2 campaign was a bit of a mess (honestly was not sure what the hell I was doing half the time....I didn't play R:FOM) though it was meaty. The current crop (COD series in particular) really seem to offer a half hearted single player campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Does anyone know if you can play co-op through the whole campaign or is it special levels for co-op that are different to the single player?

I think I read in either the IGN or Eurogamer review that it was full co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

IGN's review confused me, he picked the bleak campaign as a negative point yet in the review he made it sound positive and every other review site used it as a positive point :/

Good reviews all round though, can't wait to pick it up!

Listing that as a good point would have given it another 0.5 to the score giving it the same as Halo Reach, what a bunch of xbots :D.

Just got an e-mail there saying my order has been dispatched from gamestop... Got e-mail about 6 o clock.. Anyone else get this?.. Could get it by Thurday then so I recon..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Varik wrote: »
    Listing that as a good point would have given it another 0.5 to the score giving it the same as Halo Reach, what a bunch of xbots :D.

Good thing they didn't then, this cod-clone is vastly inferior to every halo game released thus far.

AdamD wrote: »
    Good thing they didn't then, this cod-clone is vastly inferior to every halo game released thus far.

Hahahahahaha, oh man... stop... your killing me!!

Hahahahahaha, oh man... stop... your killing me!!

Have you not played this or are you oblivious to the cod changes.

Player count down to 8v8
    Perks added
    Killstreaks added
    Custom game list removed
    Private games now feature in the exact same fashion as cods
    Ranked games now feature in the exact same fashion as cods with continuous servers.
    You unlock better guns/perks as you rank up
    Upgradeable perks
    Clan tag system

the list goes on and on

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Have you not played this or are you oblivious to the cod changes.

Player count down to 8v8
    Perks added
    Killstreaks added
    Custom game list removed
    Private games now feature in the exact same fashion as cods
    Ranked games now feature in the exact same fashion as cods with continuous servers.
    You unlock better guns/perks as you rank up
    Upgradeable perks
    Clan tag system

the list goes on and on

Yes actually i have, got to level 20 twice in the beta, then to level 25 before it ended, so i do have some experience with it. The core gameplay is a far cry from the twitchy shooting mechanics that plague the COD series.

Saying that it is a COD clone is a moot argument that i have seen used in every thread about new 1st person shooters in the last 2-3 years, of course a game with 20mil+ followers is going to influence other games.

Good developers respond to what the fans of the series want and that is exactly what Insomniac have done here. They've returned the weapon wheel, they've ditched regen health in favour of health packs and returned to the doom and gloom atmosphere of R1 after the Dude-Bro setting of the second game. This in turn has meant that the hardcore followers of the 1st game even like this game after the disaster that was R2.

Yes actually i have, got to level 20 twice in the beta, then to level 25 before it ended, so i do have some experience with it. The core gameplay is a far cry from the twitchy shooting mechanics that plague the COD series.

Saying that it is a COD clone is a moot argument that i have seen used in every thread about new 1st person shooters in the last 2-3 years, of course a game with 20mil+ followers is going to influence other games.

Good developers respond to what the fans of the series want and that is exactly what Insomniac have done here. They've returned the weapon wheel, they've ditched regen health in favour of health packs and returned to the doom and gloom atmosphere of R1 after the Dude-Bro setting of the second game. This in turn has meant that the hardcore followers of the 1st game even like this game after the disaster that was R2.
    The weapon wheel is redundant without weapon pick ups. Resistance fans did not want cod features such as perks and killstreaks. The core gameplay does not feel like Resistance whatsoever. The Devs claim that the 'fans' wanted these features though I'm yet to find any evidence of this and I used to be a regular poster on their forums. I don't post there anymore because the series is just hopeless at this point. There is no Resistance identity when they change the core gameplay every time they release a game. The whole 'sequel' thing was lost on that Dev team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If anyone needs to be convinveced by how brilliant this game is then they should read the latter pages (30+, where people are actually playing it) of this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442896

Also, Mods: Any chance getting this moved to the "Games" forum? Or has that whole new system thing fallen by the wayside?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Can you get the special edition over here?

Found answer myself, and have reserverd it in game in limerick. Not sure of price yet, but uk game has it as 5 pounds more then standard, so should be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Dum de dum.... :D :pac:

173561.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

If I hated anybody in the world right now it would be you....^^^^^^
    Box and necklace look savage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That knecklace thing is cool. Is that in all special editions? And how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

CombatCow wrote: »
    Dum de dum.... :D :pac:

173561.jpg

How much was it and from where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If I hated anybody in the world right now it would be you....^^^^^^
    Box and necklace look savage!

<3 you too :p
    Kiith wrote: »
    That knecklace thing is cool. Is that in all special editions? And how much are they?

http://www.gamestop.ie/38496_PlayStation_3_Resistance_3_Plus_FREE_Chimeara_necklace.aspx

Not sure if the Necklace is a GS exclusive tbh....

Advertisement