Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's great getting the game before release and all but how are gamestop being allowed to do this? They did the same with Deus ex and driver. Surely they must be in trouble with it at this stage?

Back on topic... Resistance 3 looks awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My love for gamestop has sky rocketed today.. Came home after ordering the game Monday at 1am was posted yesterday and got it today... Special Edition also, I was expecting standard edition... Time to get cracking at it :) Anyone playing online later message me and I will add you:

PSN : cartman91

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

My love for gamestop has sky rocketed today.. Came home after ordering the game Monday at 1am was posted yesterday and got it today... Special Edition also, I was expecting standard edition... Time to get cracking at it :) Anyone playing online later message me and I will add you:

PSN : cartman91

Gah, have to wait to Monday to buy this myself, lucky sob :P

Gah, have to wait to Monday to buy this myself, lucky sob :P

haha :p lucky I had just 0 in my bank account now buying this took me to -49euro.. Bank will have to wait till I get my tax back though, my love of the beta beat me in the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Is the necklace only for a preorder? It'd be cool to get it if there are any left.

I completely forgot this was coming out so soon :( Too busy with Deus Ex. Might pick it up over the weekend

• Advertisement

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Is the necklace only for a preorder? It'd be cool to get it if there are any left.

I completely forgot this was coming out so soon :( Too busy with Deus Ex. Might pick it up over the weekend

If you order it now you should get by Friday along with the necklace... I only ordered mine Tuesday morning... Brilliant game, loving the story... Started playing with some lad on Co-Op and we where talking and saying how class it was... I started on Chapter 8 with him and we ended at Chapter 12... Just done Chapter 1-8 there so may catch up on him..

Online I have not really played... Going to go back on now and see how it is..

Well... to the lucky few, is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

656MB 1.01 patch to download first :rolleyes:

Probably gonna pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow. I'm going to have very little free time and cash between now and Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Oh jeez this game is fúcking awesome!

Another patch 1.02 676MB :eek:

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »

Yeah another patch like wtf... I was in middle of Co-Op with some lad and I got disconnected cause of patch... Downloading it now though... Finished the Campaign and have played loads online... Online has grown on me Rossmore is a serious weapon when upgraded and with lots of running... Whats your username and I will add you if your up for some MP in about an hour?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Two 600mb+ patches on launch day :eek:

What is this, a pc game? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just picked it up now.

It's 54.95 in Game, and 44.95 in HMV witha free copy of Battle LA on Blue ray.

Happy with that deal as i actually enjoyed that movie.

CombatCow wrote: »

Yeah another patch like wtf... I was in middle of Co-Op with some lad and I got disconnected cause of patch... Downloading it now though... Finished the Campaign and have played loads online... Online has grown on me Rossmore is a serious weapon when upgraded and with lots of running... Whats your username and I will add you if your up for some MP in about an hour?

Finished the campaign in a day! That's a bit disappointing. I liked the multiplayer beta, but wad hoping for a good singleplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Damn downloads!!:mad: Got a nice surprise in GameStop in that they gave me back €7. The game turned out to be €47.99 in case people are wondering. Can't wait to play the feckin thing. It's just crap that I'll have to wait ages fro the downloads :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Where's the best place to get it now? Is the DLC available for everyone or only preprders?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

MarkR wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get it now? Is the DLC available for everyone or only preprders?

I would say GameStop. Like I said €47.99 that's cheaper than usual for a game just released. And I think the DLC is just for pre-orders, but sure ask them in GameStop for the code and they might be nice and give one to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I would say GameStop. Like I said €47.99 that's cheaper than usual for a game just released. And I think the DLC is just for pre-orders, but sure ask them in GameStop for the code and they might be nice and give one to ye.

HMV have for at least the last year been the best place to buy new releases. All the biggest PS3 releases have been €44.99. Nearly always cheaper than Gamestop and Game.

Also HMV are giving away Battle LA on Blu-ray free, which is worth €24. Not a great movie but it is still free.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What are these patches for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

J. Marston wrote: »
    What are these patches for?

Need to install patches if you want to play MP.
    Minor changes to SP, so if you're not playing online you don't need the patches.

Also working on patch 1.03:
    We know this patch should resolve many issues, but please know we are continuing to monitor your feedback via Twitter, Facebook, the Insomniac Games Forums and MyResistance.net as we develop patch 1.03. We’ve already gotten a lot of good data from the first couple of days, and are continuing to develop more fixes to give you a world-class online experience. If you spot other issues, please report them as quickly and in as detailed a way as possible.

Thanks for your support of Resistance 3,
    -IG

http://www.insomniacgames.com/resistance-3-patch-1-02-notes/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Longest patch i downloaded by far it took 1hr and 6 mins!!! :mad: if any of yous wants to play PSN: Naughtix

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

F1ngers wrote: »
    Need to install patches if you want to play MP.
    Minor changes to SP, so if you're not playing online you don't need the patches.

Thank feck for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Finished the campaign in a day! That's a bit disappointing. I liked the multiplayer beta, but wad hoping for a good singleplayer game.

Well I did play the game flat out :p Went on co-op with some lad and swear we must have went through half the campaign in about 4 hours straight... Took around 7 hours.. I will be going on to play it on Super Human difficulty though..

Well I did play the game flat out :p Went on co-op with some lad and swear we must have went through half the campaign in about 4 hours straight... Took around 7 hours.. I will be going on to play it on Super Human difficulty though..

Yeah I got it today. Just finished fighting
    the Widowmaker
    . Really liking the campaign. The story and cutscenes are excellent, and the gameplay is really intense. It's a lot more grim looking than the other 2 as well.

So while I was hoping for it to be a long enough campaign, I'll be happy as long as it's engaging the whole way through... I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

yeah, its a bit of a let down imo. the campaign is good but multiplayer is stinkin. its got good maps for tdm but it takes too many bullets to get a kill, and i HATE the bullseye lock-on secondary, i will be sticking with cod for online. the co-op is weird...half the fun of this mode comes from playing with random gamers that aint on your friends list (banter, stupidity, rescues ), so R3 fails there (see F3AR for a great co-op). all in all R2FOM was more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is it just mine or is the campaign really buggy??
    A few occasions now I've been left wandering around like a gobsh1te with nowhere to go because there was supposed to be a cut-scene,very annoying as on first play I obviously have no idea there is meant to be a cut-scene.

Multiplayer looks decent but plays terrible.
    I don't know if it's just lag but it seems like it takes quarter of the damage for everyone to kill me as it takes for me to kill them.
    I'm getting double figures on assists and single figures on kills.

Yeah I got it today. Just finished fighting
    the Widowmaker
    . Really liking the campaign. The story and cutscenes are excellent, and the gameplay is really intense. It's a lot more grim looking than the other 2 as well.

So while I was hoping for it to be a long enough campaign, I'll be happy as long as it's engaging the whole way through... I guess :P

If you want when you finish it and unlock Super Human difficulty I will play co-op with you if you are up for it... Want to finish it on Super Human but would be tough 1 player I would say..

The game actually feels the same way as Killzone 3 and the snow map in KZ3 looks similar to the one in MP R3...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Is it just mine or is the campaign really buggy??
    A few occasions now I've been left wandering around like a gobsh1te with nowhere to go because there was supposed to be a cut-scene,very annoying as on first play I obviously have no idea there is meant to be a cut-scene.

Multiplayer looks decent but plays terrible.
    I don't know if it's just lag but it seems like it takes quarter of the damage for everyone to kill me as it takes for me to kill them.
    I'm getting double figures on assists and single figures on kills

Same here. It very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Only played about an hour of the campaign last night and so far i'm loving it.

It's a great looking game and the guns feel perfect in it.

Only played a small bit of the multiplayer just to test it out. Seems ok, might get into it a it more later

Advertisement