Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The MP isn't as bad as I thought it might be based on some of the comments. It's not as stupid as Gears Of War or Halo when it comes to taking guys down with one magazine. That turns me off a game, when people won't drop when you've unloaded into their skull, but this seems alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i dont have this game yet , still holding off till a price drop or a dry spell in the next few weeks but im looking here at the online , it seems there still missing what i hoped they would they do since i first played resistance 2 and that was a Horde mode

seriously have 4 guys fighting off a million these guys would of being awesome

206990-7.jpg?rand=29F84472-C35B-2E41-586E0F2CD4F37BDB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

The single player is alrite, the online is ****e imo. Ill be trading it in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Got this on friday and played the campaign. love the weapon wheel and the gameplay. love the new chimera and the various weapons they have the ability to use. liking the new weapons too.

Have finished the campaign and compared to the previous games it lacks any type of oomph whatsoever. and from what i've seen through the various videos and intorductions on the multiplayer side of things thats what they are aiming at what with their facebook games and other tripe like that.

Still though the series remains one of the best series i've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The only part of SP that i felt wasn't up to scratch so far was the Sniper section. Everything else I'm loving. I like the way you're encouraged to experiment with your weapons through the upgrade system.

The MP has failed to impress so far, similar complaints to above with enemies not dying after full clip etc. Will try it again tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Game is outstanding, really epic campaign really nicely paced too. Loving every minute of it, almost finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Game is outstanding, really epic campaign really nicely paced too. Loving every minute of it, almost finished.
    Do you fancy giving the co op a play through when you're finished?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Do you fancy giving the co op a play through when you're finished?

Im going to play through it again with the sharp shooter as i love it (the sharp shooter and the game) I've just finished it there but ive games stacking up that i really need to get through back log of about 10 games that came out in the last 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Tried to install Resistance 3 and it failed. Now I have corrupted game data on my HDD and Resistance 3 won't run.

Any ideas? I assume formatting the HDD is my only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tried to install Resistance 3 and it failed. Now I have corrupted game data on my HDD and Resistance 3 won't run.

Delete the corrupted data under Game Data or something like that.. Maybe try deleting some demos and retry.. If that doesn't work maybe then format... But back up your saves 1st..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just finished the game today. While it is the best in the series so far (in terms of single player anyway), it is still a bog standard, run of the mill FPS. The only thing it has going for it is the weapons, otherwise it's nothing that hasn't been done a million times before. I would recommend renting instead of buying it.

The FPS genre really needs a new lease of life imo, there is only so many bosses you defeat by shooting the big glowing things before it gets boring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

I'm liking the campaign so far, more creepy and eerie than the previous games imo. I wasn't mad about the multiplayer at first as it was lagging and skipping but it must have just been a bad day of my internet or something because it's grand now and I'm loving the multiplayer! Absolute chaos at times and its brilliant, the weapons and abilities and perks work really well and the killstreaks are simple but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

got this from another forum

1) Go to your Saved Game Data and "try" to delete the Resistance 3 Data. Now it will keep you in the "Please wait while uninstalling"

2) While the "Please wait until uninstalling" phase, turn off your PS3. Yes, turn it off. I was a bit scared at first but it didn't corrupt my PS3.

3) Turn your PS3 on again and when you go to your Saved Game Data it will say you have a Corrupt Data inplace of the previous Resistance 3.

4) Go on Resistance 3 again and redownload the patch and install the game.

5) Play Resistance 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Delete the Resistance 3 game data. You should be able to do it and just reinstall it. Maybe free up more space if space is tight by deleting the game data of games you don't play any more. It should be in the folder Game Data Utility or something like that under the Game menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Benzino wrote: »
    Just finished the game today. While it is the best in the series so far (in terms of single player anyway)

I finished it yesterday and was really disappointed with the campaign in the end. It's the shortest of the series and the boss fights were crap. There's not even a proper boss battle at the end of the game. Also, the cutscenes, while looking great, seem like they jump around a bit. The campaign seems a bit rushed I guess. The first is still the best for single player, in gameplay terms.

I do like the multiplayer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Finished this Saturday after getting it Friday. Most disappointing game of the year IMO. Nice build up in the campaign, great atmosphere - awful conclusion. No attempt at tying the mythology together or pushing it forward. Some hints in the collectibles but that ending.....I really didnt get any enjoyment out of it. The AI was terrible also. Hate games that just have enemies rush you. Not as bad as the last game so I guess that makes it the best in the series. As for the multiplayer.... embarrassingly poor when compared with its contemporaries. The maps are well designed but they look plain ugly...what is the story with the one with the FOG?? Fog .....Inside buildings...... shame because the environmental stuff in the campaign actually looks great. Weapons were nice but you never really get enough Ammo to go wild (On Hard anyway)

Disappointing. Id give 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Currently playing this over the online co-op mode which is pretty cool. The game itself is a huge letdown, it really feels like a re-skin of a sub par Call of duty game, bad A.I., seems like the game developers way of challenging the gamer is to double up on stupid enemies rushing you which is very frustrating, graphics are not up to scratch and no where near killzone 2 which was made more than 3 years ago i think.
    Played a game of MP and enjoyed it, seems like a polished article for what it is.
    overall the game is a disappointment and compared to the other game i am playing at the moment which is Dark Souls, there is no comparison in the slightest.

Really hope Rage is what i expect it to be when it is out in 3 weeks, which is a smart shooter with good a.i., cos i haven't had smart a.i. since half life series or crysis 1.

But the Chrimera have a hive based intelligence, they are killing machines that can't think independently that's why they rush you.

I thought the story was brilliant its a road movie about Jo about his personal journey, all the rest is just a back drop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

the other game i am playing at the moment which is Dark Souls

Sorry for going o/t, but how have you got this? Not out for another 3 weeks.
    You a reviewer?

oops, meant to say demon's souls mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Magnum fully upgraded for online along with upgraded Spotter and I have seemed to be doing awesome with the... Got the Mutate twice in the passed hour.. It is awesome, loving the online.. Used the shotgun to kick me off fully leveled up but then the Magnum was just that extra bit better so using it now... Can't wait to unlock more of the guns and the abilities etc... Will keep me busy till BF3 anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, online is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing this online for an hour or so last night. I was just getting destroyed by everyone using the Rossmore. The range on it seems a bit too far.

But the Chrimera have a hive based intelligence, they are killing machines that can't think independently that's why they rush you.

I thought the story was brilliant its a road movie about Jo about his personal journey, all the rest is just a back drop.

If they had hive intelligence how would you explain the snipers randomly thrown around the level on every perch?(very annoying)thought the non re-gen life meter worked badly but was a good idea.

Ya as a journey or story that was compelling i am afraid, have to disagree.In comparison to the uncharted series...well there is no comparison.:D

I really wanted to like this game and was looking forward to it before the big rush of games comes out from sept 30th.
    Played a bit more of the MP last night, like the feel of it overall, might tie me over for a couple of weeks before the Battlefield 3 beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Multiplayer is muck,gave it as much of a chance as I can but most of the time people just won't die!!
    Spawning on front of enemies a lot aswel,just makes for a totally frustrating game.
    Enjoying the campaign although have not played too much,I'll be trading it in as soon as I finish it.

Just finished the campaign this evening and very disapointed with the last 2 chapters, not even a boss at the end. currently getting 37.50 in gamestop so this is going back tomorrow, that should pay off Rage and Dark Souls.:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I must say, I'm enjoying the SP. Currently just
    rescued the preacher at the mine
    . Its really atmospheric. I haven't felt so unnerved since Dead Space. Got a few more kills last night on MP. Some people seem to be able to kill me with a single shotgun blast, whereas I need 3 shots and someone to hold them down while I'm doing it.......:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Multiplayer is muck,gave it as much of a chance as I can but most of the time people just won't die!!
    Spawning on front of enemies a lot aswel,just makes for a totally frustrating game.
    Enjoying the campaign although have not played too much,I'll be trading it in as soon as I finish it.
    Oh yea and invisibility in multiplayer can just f**k right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So far i find the campaign to be excellent. Great atmosphere as already mentioned and the pacing is excellent. Don't really see where the criticism is coming from but maybe i will once i finish.

On Chapter 17, is there much left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

tok9 wrote: »
    So far i find the campaign to be excellent. Great atmosphere as already mentioned and the pacing is excellent. Don't really see where the criticism is coming from but maybe i will once i finish.

On Chapter 17, is there much left?

i think there is 20 chapters. could be wrong but you're close to the end anyway.

Advertisement