Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 3

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love the campaign but man its full of bugs

last 2 days now it has also frozen my ps3, not good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can anyone that has finished it help me out here please.
    At the part with the widowmaker in New York,after shooting the first glowing part on it's side where do you shoot next???I must have shot every part of it and can't get a hitmarker,there doesn't seem to be any indication where to aim for.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Nevermind,just another bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Was absolutely loving the game up until the sniping section, why the hell does every FPS dev have to throw one of the levels into their games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

i think there is 20 chapters. could be wrong but you're close to the end anyway.

Yep 20 chapters...

@Headshot.. froze on me and the other lad during co-op aswell... Seems to be more full of bugs now than there was last week... btw nice sig :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cambo2008 wrote: »
    At the part with the widowmaker in New York,after shooting the first glowing part on it's side where do you shoot next???I must have shot every part of it and can't get a hitmarker,there doesn't seem to be any indication where to aim for.

Another glowing bit sticks out from under him i'm pretty sure. It's very easy to see so maybe there's been some glitch

Finished the game yesterday. I loved the campaign, liked the personal story through it, thought the ending was a bit weak and
    the way you finish with unlimited magnum ammo and health was a bit odd I thought. Didn't even have to reload
    but overall a very enjoyable game.

I've played a bit of the multiplayer and I think it's pretty good. It's just about getting used to it with the different weapons and amount of health. Not going to bother too much with it though because I've a good few games to finish.

tok9 wrote: »
    Yea it was just a glitch,the part that was meant to glow underneath just didn't,I was shooting the ****er for a good ten minutes before I had to turn it off.

It was the same after the part in the arena with the sledgehammer,the cut scene never loaded after I killed everyone and I was left thinking I had to find a way out,running around like a gob****e for ages.
    Other than that I thought the campaign was very good.
    Hate the multiplayer,it will be returned to gamestop tomorrow as a deposit on one of the million new games out in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Another update... And this update seems to just make me hate the game.. Now a Team Deathmatch is up to 50 kills (5000 points).. Like come on the games be over in less than 5 mins.. Thats average 6 kills per person.. Surely 10mins of constant play would be better for the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm playing through the campaign myself at the moment. But if anyone wants to play co-op let me know.

Another update... And this update seems to just make me hate the game.. Now a Team Deathmatch is up to 50 kills (5000 points).. Like come on the games be over in less than 5 mins.. Thats average 6 kills per person.. Surely 10mins of constant play would be better for the game..

That was a mistake apparently, they're changing it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

anyone wants to play co-op on the campaign then add me - nathanzx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

picked this up just to tide me over. Nothing special; indeed maybe overrated found the campaign tolerable but does not merit delving into MP for me. but then only a selective few do

Fantastic campaign, absolutely **** ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

Yeah finished it there earlier, great campaign overall but the ending was an anti-climax

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Ugh! Just finished the campaign too. The ending was as **** as Battle Los Angeles film. There's no real proper boss in this like on the second one. :mad: Very disappointed for picking this up so soon!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Finished yesterday. I really don't know why people are giving out about the ending. From the first one it was going to end in either of two ways. And it did. Boss battles in these things are unnecessary anyway. In a real war you'd expect to be fighting off hordes of soldiers, not some huge barsteward every hour. I liked the story, I must say I really enjoyed all 3 of them. Will give the MP a try again now.

I pretty far into the game right now, Chapter 17. The problem is that I'm stuck at the same point. I keep getting overrun by the Chimera. I need some help.

If anyone wants to join for some co-op let me know. My psn id is The40Watt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I pretty far into the game right now, Chapter 18. The problem is that I'm stuck at the same point. I keep getting overrun by the Chimera. I need some help.

Which part, very start of the level at the plane or further on at the downed chopper?
    If it's at the plane, snipe the 5/6 lads before getting out. Shotgun out and leg it to the right - don't get involved in a stand-off. Shotty anything that gets in your way.
    Before you run up the wing, you may have to pick off a couple of chimera.
    Once you run up the wing and drop down, you're safe.
    If it's the second part with the stalkers - hang back at the chopper and kill the first stalker. Snipe what you can.
    When you get to the gazebo kill the stalker to the right - then just survive til the cutscene.
    I passed that part last night on superhuman - if I joined you in co-op, would it feck up my save?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Which part, very start of the level at the plane or further on at the downed chopper?
    If it's at the plane, snipe the 5/6 lads before getting out. Shotgun out and leg it to the right - don't get involved in a stand-off. Shotty anything that gets in your way.
    Before you run up the wing, you may have to pick off a couple of chimera.
    Once you run up the wing and drop down, you're safe.
    If it's the second part with the stalkers - hang back at the chopper and kill the first stalker. Snipe what you can.
    When you get to the gazebo kill the stalker to the right - then just survive til the cutscene.
    I passed that part last night on superhuman - if I joined you in co-op, would it feck up my save?

Actually I made a mistake. It is Chapter 17 I'm stuck on. So I haven't gotten to the part you described above. I'm trying to defend against a Chimeran counter attack.

To answer your other question I'm not sure what would happen your save file. Probably best not to risk it.

Actually I made a mistake. It is Chapter 17 I'm stuck on. So I haven't gotten to the part you described above. I'm trying to defend against a Chimeran counter attack.

Did that last night too.
    That part is easier than chapter 18...:o
    I defended from the right hand side - ducking in and out of the room to pick off the drones/chimera/ravagers. Auger to spot the enemies - then pop out and pick them off.
    If you need to, use your mutator R2 attack...:D
    There will be a few lads on the left hand side - snipe them.
    I think there were two waves of attacks - then there are two snipers for you to pick off to end the level.

• Advertisement

I pretty far into the game right now, Chapter 17. The problem is that I'm stuck at the same point. I keep getting overrun by the Chimera. I need some help.

Finished superhuman, so my save is now expendable.
    If you're still stuck send me an FR. PSN = Narnin.

I finished up the campaign last night. I wasn't very happy with the ending. I was expecting a much longer cinematic to tie it all up. Considering the quality of the cinematics throughout the campaign I'm surprised the ending was so quick.

There was some interesting artwork spliced in with the end credits but that isn't enough reward for going through the campaign.

Insomniac Games ‏ @insomniacgames

We may have hid something in Resistance 3 that will show up on April Fool's Day if you play the campaign. Try the boat level. Maybe.

https://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames

You ruined my night by reminding me of this game :mad: :pac:
    Should have clicked unfollow all those months ago. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is actually one of my favorite shooters :rolleyes:

Played the boat level today, didn't notice anything.

The easter egg in the end... the grims throw gnomes at you :confused: thats stupid.

Advertisement