Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ghost Hunter claims he was attacked by a spirit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

hesus, i dont know if I can bear the music long enough to hear the interview

actually quite enjoying that show. havent heard the east coast guy yet, but I did check out http://eastcoastparanormal.com/ . I got scared of the site though and left again.

Edit

Its the wrong East Coast Paranormal site, though (i ventured a bit further this time)

http://clross.net/2010/08/13/irish-paranormal-investigator-recounts-what-happened-at-an-investigation-of-ross-castle/
    My name is Mick Doyle and I am the Lead Investigator with the newly formed Team EAST COAST PARANORMAL INVESTIGATIONS, based in Dublin – Ireland.
    This is an account of what happened to me while I was assisting the Killarney Paranormal Society on an investigation of the 14th century Ross Castle in County Cavan – Ireland.
    The investigation started at around 9.30pm on the 30th of July of this year and was pretty quiet apart from some slight noises from the upper floor areas. We had six people in attendance – four from KPS led by lead investigator Ruth Deery plus myself and Teresa Winters, a friend of mine on her first investigation.
    At around 1 A.M. myself and three KPS Members went to one of the upper rooms to conduct a séance. Two others sat out this part of the investigation as they had seen and experienced something and wanted to take a break. I opened up the séance and immediately started to feel a negative energy try to channel through me – I said this to the group and Ruth said she did not feel comfortable with me channeling. Straight away a male voice came from me saying, “THIS BITCH HAS TO LEARN.”
    I stopped the séance and closed the circle. As we walked down the stairs I felt ill and had to go and use the restroom where I became very sick and vomited. I came out of the restroom and told everyone that whatever entity that had tried to communicate with me upstairs was making me feel very Ill and that I needed to rest. Within less than an hour I again felt very ill and went back in to the restroom. When I went to leave the room I opened the door and it was pulled out of my hand and slammed shut. I then felt myself being pulled by the back of the collar and back in to the restroom and slammed up against the wall and thrown across the room. I heard what I can only describe as an animal- like growl and felt my back burning. I managed to call out to the group who were in the next room and I got the door open and got out of the restroom. I put my hands on a nearby wall to steady myself, and Ruth got to me first. I told her something had happened to me in the toilet and that my back was hurting and painful. She pulled up the back of my shirt and said, “Oh My God Mick your back!”
    We left the area and went in to the lounge and I told the group to start taking photos and these are on the KPS website. Ruth cleaned the wounds and I lay down on the couch for the rest of the night. At 10 A.M. the next morning I went to one of the upper floors to retrieve some equipment we had left recording overnight and as I was leaving one of the rooms I was thrown backwards with a push to my chest on to a bed and felt a burning sensation to the right side of my stomach. I also heard the same animal like growl again. I came downstairs and lifted up my shirt and told Ruth to take more photos as I had just been attacked again. These photos are also on the KPS Site.
    Well Folks this was an investigation I will never forget and I am going back to Ross Castle on the 11th of next month for another investigation. I leave you to ponder what happened to me and to think that as Paranormal Investigators there are some things that we can never debunk.

All i can say is , i know this guy , he is not even a year investigating and he has been "attacked" 5 times.

First time i met him he was "attacked"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm I was up in Ross Caslte and as far as I know non of the spirts their are suppose to be violent in any way just lost souls or wondering souls

The group we went with were well used to the Castle and never mentioned any attacks on investigators or any group members, although i did feel like attacking one of the members for playing up and pushing a glass around when we were using one. very annoyed ruined the whole thing for us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

All i can say is , i know this guy , he is not even a year investigating and he has been "attacked" 5 times.

First time i met him he was "attacked"
    You seem skeptical -- do ghosts only attack experienced investigators or something?

Dave! wrote: »
    You seem skeptical -- do ghosts only attack experienced investigators or something?

is there such things as ghosts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Interesting how these attacks only happened when he was on his own...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im in the mood for picking holes today:
    I opened up the séance and immediately started to feel a negative energy try to channel through me
    Subjective.
    – I said this to the group and Ruth said she did not feel comfortable with me channeling.
    Leading statement to influence the group.
    Straight away a male voice came from me saying, “THIS BITCH HAS TO LEARN.”
    Hardly impartial evidence.
    I stopped the séance and closed the circle. As we walked down the stairs I felt ill and had to go and use the restroom where I became very sick and vomited.
    All totally subjective and useless as evidence.
    I came out of the restroom and told everyone that whatever entity that had tried to communicate with me upstairs was making me feel very Ill and that I needed to rest. Within less than an hour I again felt very ill and went back in to the restroom. When I went to leave the room I opened the door and it was pulled out of my hand and slammed shut. I then felt myself being pulled by the back of the collar and back in to the restroom and slammed up against the wall and thrown across the room. I heard what I can only describe as an animal- like growl and felt my back burning
    All anecdotal, uncorroborated, no witnesses to the 'attack'. No wonder investigators get mocked if this is the stuff they use to prove ghostly happenings.

To be honest, I really hate this kind of stuff, its just so theatrical and Derek Acorah. If youre going to prove something, then bloody well make sure your evidence is solid before you tout it on radio and the web, instead of this kind of weak, overblown account, which is easily rubbished. Unless youre only out for noteriety, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I would be happier if my name and my teams name to be kept out of any further posts on this subject.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    I would be happier if my name and my teams name to be kept out of any further posts on this subject.

Thank you.
    Your team is mentioned a lot in the quoted material, which we can do nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I have seen topics quoted on boards.ie where people have written <name removed> from quoted material.

Please do not use my name or my teams name in any further posts on the subject.

Thank you

i quoted what i found online. if you have an issue, you should contact the site that the info is quoted from ruth.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Plus you have no right to determine what people may or may not write about. If you have a legal issue you can contact us here: http://www.boards.ie/contact/? (you dont need to be a boards member)

We strive for a one working day turn around but please be specific about what you are objecting to in legal terms.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Its not like your surname is up theyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

I have seen topics quoted on boards.ie where people have written <name removed> from quoted material.

Thank you

Ruth the link was posted and then stuff taken of its content its how this board works ,someone finds a link they post then comment ,

Hence why Leinster Paranormal do not bring outsiders on Investigations we seen this all before.By right ,,before Hand he should have consulted you ,,then your name wouldnt be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

is there such things as ghosts ?
    I don't believe so, no, but I thought you did?

If not then my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yermin

I haven't heard the full interview with this investigator who was allegedly attacked, TWELVE mins in and the hosts were still doing witty introduction type blather . . . I was at Ross castle a few years back with some friends, we stayed the night. Our hosts were very nice people from what I remember, and the castle was fantastic. We didn't encounter anything that I would describe as supernatural (unfortunately), and I didn't even get a single bad vibe from the place, even in pitch darkness. In fact the only thing that bothered me was the damn creepy painting of jesus at the end of my bed. I gathered he'd been lightly savaged, or mauled perhaps from the quote above. Anyway, that's kind of extreme measures to go to for some attention. Those tricksome, cowardly spirits, waiting for him to be all alone like that, and on the john too. But who knows, maybe he is being attacked by ghosts. Are ordinarily benign spirits are attacking this man? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Thank you

Out for fame then? Or just worried that your story will be debunked before you hit it big time in America? :rolleyes:

While should I say that?
    This "I then felt myself being pulled by the back of the collar and back in to the restroom and slammed up against the wall and thrown across the room"

Never heard an irish person saying that, the whole story seems like a pile of crap to be honest, from a new 'team' who want to Most Haunted wannabes.

Ruth, by commenting here, youve created more controversy for yourself than you would have by saying nothing at all. This story is in the public arena and you are already associated with it. It would be far better to openly state your opinion on it rather than attempting to censor comment here.

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    I don't believe so, no, but I thought you did?

If not then my mistake

I am open to the thought of it , but there is nothing solid.

I listened to the show last night , it was actually a fun show a little bit crazy.

With regards the whole Ruth and KPS thing , i dont see why there is a problem , she just happened to be there on the night. Somebody reported an incident which was Paranormal and KPS did the right thing in documenting it and investigating the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Stop being so nasty to Ruth she was only asking not to mention it, some of ye a being a bit childish about it....

I would love to belive that this is real alright but it does seem a little suss that it did happen when no one was around...Is there pictures of the marks that the ghost left.. That is another one I dont really belive ghost are that harmfull to you in this kind of a way fine they can do things to freak you out and the lead you into doing something but I am not sure about physically attacking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

I just had a google for this Ross Castle,
    is this it http://www.ross-castle.com/ ??

I taught it was just going to be an old ruin of a place not an actual hotel!!:eek:

Do the owners know their guests are in danger??

Would people still stay in this place??:( Has this happened before??:confused:

Ray

I did follow a link to one of the sites mentioned and there is a photo there of this guys back. It shows some light, curving scrape marks all along his back.

Oryx, Can you post or link the pics??

Did he bleed???

BigTool wrote: »
    Oryx, Can you post or link the pics??
    They are currently hosted on the website of the person who states above that they dont want to be mentioned in connection to all of this.

Im not linking to the site, the photo is marked as copyrighted.
    Did he bleed???
    Not that I could see.

oops!! linked it already!

Buts its a public site, no private passwords are used to see it!

Dosent Copyright mean that you just cant make money off it or sell it or alter it or pass it off as your own? or how does it work??

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

BigTool wrote: »
    oops!! linked it already!

Buts its a public site, no private passwords are used to see it!

Dosent Copyright mean that you just cant make money off it or sell it or alter it or pass it off as your own? or how does it work??

Ray

My understanding too. I don't see the harm linking to the website, they should be happy with a little constructive criticism.

From seeing the marks on the guy's back it doesn't really look like they were self inflicted, still I have never heard of spirits or whatever doing this, apart from in Edinburgh in the Covenantars Graveyard and even then it's just small scratches. This is a little over the top...

• Advertisement

From the radio show it sounds like he does a little too much provoking, maybe he deserved it? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement