Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ghost Hunter claims he was attacked by a spirit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

BigTool wrote: »
    I just had a google for this Ross Castle,
    is this it http://www.ross-castle.com/ ??

I taught it was just going to be an old ruin of a place not an actual hotel!!:eek:

Do the owners know their guests are in danger??

Would people still stay in this place??:( Has this happened before??:confused:

Ray

Actually come to think about it they will probably charge twice the price now and will be booked solid for months!!! :P :P :P

A haunted Jax is extra!!

Ray

Nobody is in Danger in staying in ross castle. There seems to be a trend here with this guy.

He was "attacked" in Ross castle twice , he was "attacked" in Leap castle and other places.

With regards to "provoking" this is just a theory too, that was seen on TV. The same TV show has brought us EVP and the K2 meter .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

The marks look a bit nasty alright. Well if he was attacked I so want to be in the group he is in. I would love to get spooked..

What is that room with the mattress in it http://www.killarneyparanormalsociety.com/node/575?page=2
    does anyone know. I didnt see that the time we went there, I wonder if tis the room under the table on the first floor uhhhh..

Milly33 wrote: »
    The marks look a bit nasty alright. Well if he was attacked I so want to be in the group he is in. I would love to get spooked..

QUOTE]

Paranormal 'Fight Club'!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

With regards to "provoking" this is just a theory too, that was seen on TV. The same TV show has brought us EVP and the K2 meter .

Dont we use all that & have been know to do provoking & claim to have had physical interactions with ghosts ? Alot of people in this thread have claimed alot of things. Im not casting any stones against anyone in a field where everyone belives in ghosts./

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    Dont we use all that & have been know to do provoking./

did it ever work ?

did it ever work ?

Duncannon,banging on the floor got a response.

What do you mean by 'got a response'?

Did a ghost just appear and say 'Hi, I'm a Ghost!' :)

Or what happened exactly??

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

franklyon wrote: »
    From seeing the marks on the guy's back it doesn't really look like they were self inflicted, still I have never heard of spirits or whatever doing this, apart from in Edinburgh in the Covenantars Graveyard and even then it's just small scratches. This is a little over the top...
    I disagree, I think he could have easily scratched his own back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

did it ever work ?

Olympia theatre, thers a video clip with you and me in it remember :P

You've been in a room in ross with me and 4 other people when I had something to me. That said I've no comment to make on this case but it does seem theres been alot of attacks in under a year of investigating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm a little sceptial of all these "attacks" to be honest... I mean once, okay, it can happen... twice is interesting... but 5 in under a year? Either he has the worst luck with spirits and/or on investigations or he's making it up.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm a scientist. But I'm a scientist with an open mind and a penchant for observe/theorise/prove.

Anyone who can involve me in something which convinces me of the existance of ghost/supernatural (beyond their mates in a sheet :) ) I will fund the entire trip for everyone on it and pay for an investigation of it subsequently.

I'm quite serious about this and not in a "I'm putting it up to you"/Randi organisation sort of way. Convince me its real (and I'm quite analytical mind you!) and i'll fund you.

Marks like that on my back will more then do for example.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would say Ross is an active site, the investigation I took part in there yeilded some of the most intresting results I have had in the last 10 years.
    But to the point of a phyical attack, I am doubtfull.

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm a scientist. But I'm a scientist with an open mind and a penchant for observe/theorise/prove.

Anyone who can involve me in something which convinces me of the existance of ghost/supernatural (beyond their mates in a sheet :) ) I will fund the entire trip for everyone on it and pay for an investigation of it subsequently.

I'm quite serious about this and not in a "I'm putting it up to you"/Randi organisation sort of way. Convince me its real (and I'm quite analytical mind you!) and i'll fund you.

DeV.

Im sure the PIGS would be up to the challenge, myself,6th,dre,monkeyfudge and stoner?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Monkeyfudge and I have history in this arena as he will undoubtedly testify :)

We scared the bejaysis out of some mutual friends on a night in a castle once... To the point where one of the girls was nearly "blairwitch" scared :)

I'd be looking for more than a few taps left running :)

DeV.

Yeah count me in .

Im sure the PIGS would be up to the challenge, myself,6th,dre,monkeyfudge and stoner?

Can I go too as an outsider I promise to behave an not tell tales..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

DeV.
    But even when people describe paranormal investigations on this forum, they tend not to describe anything that, even if you were present, would convince you of ghost activity. I think those who organise these investigations know this too and so I would be surprised if there's any serious take up of your offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Monkeyfudge and I have history in this arena as he will undoubtedly testify :)

We scared the bejaysis out of some mutual friends on a night in a castle once... To the point where one of the girls was nearly "blairwitch" scared :)

I'd be looking for more than a few taps left running :)

DeV.
    Ah yes. I actually scared the hell out of poor blair witch girl at 5am this morning in an underground car park. All the lights went out at an unfortunate moment.

But I'm up for a return to Ross. Don't think I've been there this year yet and I've always found it an interesting location.

I've certainly encountered a lot of interesting things over the years being involved in the paranormal. But still nothing solid enough to convince me of ghosts.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Id like to tag along. Id promise not to channel a thing nor get attacked in the loo.*

*Dont even think about it mf.

• Advertisement

Is this going to turn into an old school boards investigation? No problem organising that.

Oh wow... I didnt realise that it was the same castle MF and I were at in fact!!

Well, I guess the ghost doesnt mind a bunch of people turning on taps, banging walls and doors, opening cupboards and making "oooOOOoooOOOOooo" noises going up the stairs or pretending to be dragged out a window. This guy must really seriously have p*ssed this ghost off! :)

I'd go again because it was a cool castle but it would mostly be for the photography!

Now, I'm not mocking (not really), I fully believe that at NO TIME in our history has science ever known or been able to explain everything. I dont see why THIS point in history should be different. I believe it WILL be able to but who knows what that might include. What I do believe though, is that no one has ever been able to demonstrate any physical interaction with a spirit/ghost in any meaningful or intrumentally-recordable way.
    Other dimensions are possible, indeed pretty much confirmed. Other universes are postulated by quantum mechanics etc. Why not other "realms"... I wouldnt rule it out but I 100% believe that if they do intrude on our world, science can model, predict and explain the way they do. So far, nothing has been shown to need explanation.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

franklyon wrote: »
    Out for fame then? Or just worried that your story will be debunked before you hit it big time in America? :rolleyes:

While should I say that?
    This "I then felt myself being pulled by the back of the collar and back in to the restroom and slammed up against the wall and thrown across the room"

Never heard an irish person saying that, the whole story seems like a pile of crap to be honest, from a new 'team' who want to Most Haunted wannabes.

Why are you quoting my comment whilst saying this?

Our story will be debunked before we hit the big time in America? This didnt happen to a member of our team.. therefore we don't have a story to debunk..

Most haunted wannabes? Hardly.. anyway this did not happen to a member of our team.. therefore, no our team are not looking for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

To be honest I Oryx I wish now I didnt comment in the first place.. however, I did want to state that this was not a member of our team.

Also, to drey, exactly, we got a report of something, and we looked into it and documented it.

You tell them Ruth. I wish people would stop being nasty on this, comment you do not have to be nasty about it. Reminds me of PROC sometimes

Milly33 wrote: »
    You tell them Ruth. I wish people would stop being nasty on this, comment you do not have to be nasty about it. Reminds me of PROC sometimes

I don;t think anyone has been particularly nasty. If someone has an experience and puts it into the public domain its only right that it should be discussed.

Actually Im pretty sure no one has been nasty at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 EPD

I have been reading all the posts on this subject,and it seems to me that you lot like to bitch about what happened to this guy Mick Doyle.
    If there is even one of you who are serious{witch i dough anyway you just like to here yourself talking and i know know what is right} why not
    invite this person to go with you and your team to the same place and carry out controlled investigations a number of times and see what the outcome
    of the investigations are, instead of bitching about them and slagging off people,or maybe the lot of you are a load of fraud's.Personally i find it hard to believe
    that anyone of you can prove or disprove the existence of spirits,you use electro magnetic field meters,how do you know that spirits give off an electro magnetic energy
    ?????? you are using audio recorders video recorders in the area you have your EMF meters all that electronics is give of EMF waves in the first place who is to say you are not picking up that,do you have your EMF meters shielded to prevent picking up these unwanted waves?? you also use audio recorders to so call capture voices from beyond that makes me laugh the sounds are so distorted you cant understand them in the first place
    then you say you filter them and at the end of the day you hear what you want to hear i put it to you that you are receiving scrambled radio waves,perhaps if you lot
    put your energy into something more productive you would be better off.:cool::cool::P

EPD.

EPD wrote: »
    I have been reading all the posts on this subject,and it seems to me that you lot like to bitch about what happened to this guy Mick Doyle.
    If there is even one of you who are serious{witch i dough anyway you just like to here yourself talking and i know know what is right} why not
    invite this person to go with you and your team to the same place and carry out controlled investigations a number of times and see what the outcome
    of the investigations are, instead of bitching about them and slagging off people,or maybe the lot of you are a load of fraud's.Personally i find it hard to believe
    that anyone of you can prove or disprove the existence of spirits,you use electro magnetic field meters,how do you know that spirits give off an electro magnetic energy
    ?????? you are using audio recorders video recorders in the area you have your EMF meters all that electronics is give of EMF waves in the first place who is to say you are not picking up that,do you have your EMF meters shielded to prevent picking up these unwanted waves?? you also use audio recorders to so call capture voices from beyond that makes me laugh the sounds are so distorted you cant understand them in the first place
    then you say you filter them and at the end of the day you hear what you want to hear i put it to you that you are receiving scrambled radio waves,perhaps if you lot
    put your energy into something more productive you would be better off.:cool::cool::P

EPD.

Without reading through the whole thread again , im almost sure we didnt say any of that. Not only that, we did say we were on investigations with Mick Doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

EPD.

that whole post just whooshed over my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

witch i dough anyway you just like to here yourself talking and i know know what is right

this is an awesome sentence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement