Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ghost Hunter claims he was attacked by a spirit

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Mkay. Enough about EPD's grammar and syntax. On topic guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 EPD

Hmmm it just go to show there appears to be a little circle going on here and if you are not on the inside you are on the out side,and the opinion of outsiders wont be tolerated you lot also come across to be narrow minded people,where is the open minded approach to your so called Paranormal investigation's gone?????? once again i put it to you,invite Mr Doyle to a number of controlled investigations and see what the outcome is,i see from the posts he isn't long at this sort of thing but has it not occurred to you that he may have something and if he has you are slamming him for his gift or is it a thing you lot don't want to be shown up to be a load of self righteous
    handbags???????????????
    EPD.:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I've only been to Ross once but it was intresting enough I'd go again.

EPD wrote: »
    but has it not occurred to you that he may have something

Yes it has, but its not for a paranormal investigator to go in first. If somebody is getting hurt , obviously a doctor is the first person they see.

Is getting "attacked" a gift ?

Also this circle you are talking about is the paranormal forum and we never get on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I've only been to Ross once but it was intresting enough I'd go again.

:o

• Advertisement

EPD wrote: »
    Hmmm it just go to show there appears to be a little circle going on here and if you are not on the inside you are on the out side,and the opinion of outsiders wont be tolerated you lot also come across to be narrow minded people,where is the open minded approach to your so called Paranormal investigation's gone?????? once again i put it to you,invite Mr Doyle to a number of controlled investigations and see what the outcome is,i see from the posts he isn't long at this sort of thing but has it not occurred to you that he may have something and if he has you are slamming him for his gift or is it a thing you lot don't want to be shown up to be a load of self righteous
    handbags???????????????
    If you think there is an exclusive clique here, maybe youd share your thoughts in the stickied feedback thread?

We are all separate people here, and we disagree on a lot of issues, so we couldnt possibly agree long enough to gang up on outsiders properly.

We could invite Mr Doyle, I dont know if he would come though.

I know a lot of psychics and mediums. In my experience those who get attacked regularly are showboating. Any psychic or medium worth their salt understands what they do well enough not to have that happen. That is my pov on all this, and my bias on it. It has nothing to do with wanting to agree with anyone else in the forum, or to diss Mr Doyle personally.

Oryx wrote: »
    If you think there is an exclusive clique here, maybe youd share your thoughts in the stickied feedback thread?

We are all separate people here, and we disagree on a lot of issues, so we couldnt possibly agree long enough to gang up on outsiders properly.

We could invite Mr Doyle, I dont know if he would come though.

I know a lot of psychics and mediums. In my experience those who get attacked regularly are showboating. Any psychic or medium worth their salt understands what they do well enough not to have that happen. That is my pov on all this, and my bias on it. It has nothing to do with wanting to agree with anyone else in the forum, or to diss Mr Doyle personally.
    You say you could invite Mr Doyle,well why don't you and see what his response is, it appears that some of you know Mr Doyle and im sure there wouldn't be any problem in getting in touch with him.If he agrees it would be very interesting to see what the outcome would be.But it would have to be carried out over a number of sessions and under strict control.If it turns out that he is been attacked during an investigation it would put an end to all this back biting and give you something concrete to explore in more debt.I personally sit on the fence on the subject of Paranormal activity i haven't seen of experienced anything Paranormal,but in saying that it hasn't been disproved to me either,i keep an open mind on the subject.

EPD :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I honestly cant find the back biting in this threads. Lots of opinions OK, but I dont quite get what you mean by 'back biting' tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah I cant see any back biting. EPD, you seem to be big into shooting, vintage rifles etc, you dont happen to be friends of Micks by any chance are you? ;)

6th wrote: »
    Yeah I cant see any back biting. EPD, you seem to be big into shooting, vintage rifles etc, you dont happen to be friends of Micks by any chance are you? ;)
    There is hundreds of people into shooting vintage rifles a lot of them are ex army i personally don't have a vintage rifle im more into photography and video i put some video together for them that's about the extent of my interest in the hobby as for knowing Mr Doyle i cant say i had the pleasure,i would have plenty of questions for him if i did.

• Advertisement

Listen EPD, no one here is bitching or anything like it.

We've a thread here started by someone who hasnt come back to it since (didnt even give their own opinion) and then a poster coming in jumping to a guys defence (not that it was needed) who's never posted here before but happens to have found the forum in just this case.

Now all I can say is that those who have posted here who you think are back biting simply arent. They are questioning claims of paranormal activity which is what alot of us do.

I know the people involved in the incident, I know the location. Already I've got a pretty strong stance to form an opinion. Wouldnt you agree?

I just hi5'd myself for that post and i dont care who knows it!

Listen EPD, no one here is bitching or anything like it.

We've a thread here started by someone who hasnt come back to it since (didnt even give their own opinion) and then a poster coming in jumping to a guys defence (not that it was needed) who's never posted here before but happens to have found the forum in just this case.

Now all I can say is that those who have posted here who you think are back biting simply arent. They are questioning claims of paranormal activity which is what alot of us do.

I know the people involved in the incident, I know the location. Already I've got a pretty strong stance to form an opinion. Wouldnt you agree?

I have a wide range of interests as you are obviously aware of it would appear that you have gone through my posts here on boards.I don't regularly post comments but i do read a lot of posts that are of interest to me and i happened that i came across this thread,and in the interest of fare play i felt compelled to to voice my opinion,i don't see this man Mr Doyle defending himself perhaps he doesn't know what has been said about himself or perhaps he isn't registered with boards. I too have formed my own opinion about some of the people involved in this thread and to be honest with it would appear that some of them have themselves up on a pedestal and there word is final,the fact of the matter is that Mr Doyle has claimed he has been attacked on more than one occasion and there is photographic evidence to back up his claim,weather or not it really happened i don't know but why shoot his claims down without looking into it first instead of putting up posts claiming he is only looking for fame,it would appear he has ruffled someone's feathers.
    EPD :P:P:P

Okay I think everyone needs to get a quick reality grip on this one.

People who routinely speak to dead people and up until very recently were referring to photographic light anomalies as the manifestations of the dead are mocking a newcomer to the community for having subjective, albeit harmful experience.

There is also a certain level of personal preconceptions that some posters here are bringing to the table without disclosing them. While I do not agree with the claim that EPD makes of back biting, I wonder would people respond the same if 6th, Dannyxxx or macored ect were to make such claims? Is it that this person is standing on some established toes? I think there may be an element of that here. Please note that I am just making an observation here, not having a go. Nor do I see why bringing a poster's previous posts and interests is in any way relevant to this thread other than in an attempt to identify that poster in real life and simply serves to derail the thread and highlight a bit of a "bitchy" element.

Having said that the photographs, interview and article are not in any way evidence of paranormal activity and there is no evidence to support the claims of violent paranormal activity in Ross Castle over the 5/6 years most of us have investigated the location.That is no reason to discount Mr Doyle's claims, perhaps Ruth could share more detail on the case as an investigator's point of view to clarify the events of the night through the eyes of a seasoned investigator. It does cast certain doubts about the claims of violent activity in Ross as Ruth was very quick to ask for her name and groups name to be removed from this thread. I would be very eager to hear Ruth's opinion on the claims as she was the only investigator there on the night who we are all familiar with.

May I also add, on a seperate note, that the boards.ie paranormal forum is the only independent site where people from many groups can discuss and police by discussion the behaviours and actions of DIY paranormal investigation groups and money makers. I believe if it were not for this forum the entire paranormal community would be more like the British system where any Tom, Dick or Harry would be charging money to conjour the dead willy nilly while not having to answer to the community at large. This is becoming more difficult as the entire paranormal investigation thing is on its last legs, there are groups all over the country doing whatever they want. Does anyone remember when it was big news when one group did something bad on an investigation and we were worried it would cast us all in a bad light. Can anyone even count off the top of their head's the number of investigation groups in Ireland at the moment, I think we are running out of acronyms.

Anyway I did a bit of a stormkeeper there and ran away with myself :P.

+1 to Oryx and her patience.

Also, just a quick addition. I tried to replicate the marks in the image on my own back using a knife (a butter knife!!). I wasnt able to repeat the figure eight that I can see there. I do however have short arms, like a T-rex.

Grimes wrote: »
    I wonder would people respond the same if 6th, Dannyxxx or macored ect were to make such claims? Is it that this person is standing on some established toes? I think there may be an element of that here. Please note that I am just making an observation here, not having a go. Nor do I see why bringing a poster's previous posts and interests is in any way relevant to this thread other than in an attempt to identify that poster in real life and simply serves to derail the thread and highlight a bit of a "bitchy" element.

Would I get pulled up on it if it were me? To right I would, theres plenty of examples in this forum of me getting teh third degree.

As for me looking at motives for posting in this thread, well I could shine more light on that but I'm not talking about EPD.

So Grimes, having been on investigations with the person involved and having been to Ross more than most what do you think?

Im wondering who youre talking about in the second paragraph Grimes :) I can draw figure 8s on my back with my fingernails. No problem replicating marks like the ones in the photo, didnt go so far as to draw blood tho. :) The things I do because of this forum.. :)

Oryx wrote: »
    I can draw figure 8s on my back with my fingernails. )

Can you lick your own elbow ?

Can you lick your own elbow ?
    No but I do have double jointed thumbs.
    6th, do you remember a case where a guy was inexplicably attacked and scratched in his own home about five years ago? Stuff was being written on the walls too. Asking you because I thought you were involved with the people at the time? I just saw a recording of what went on. But the 'attacking' would be similar.

I remember that alright. That was the RTE show on TV . They guy was scratched live on camera and eyes were drawn on the walls . It all started with stacking and re-arranging of candles in the living room .

• Advertisement

So Grimes, having been on investigations with the person involved and having been to Ross more than most what do you think?

Im going to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt for the time being. As much as I would give any sensitive, psychic or medium who can speak to a dead person, pick up on energies or make a table dance across a room.

You yourself were physically attacked in Ross and it is a story you tell quite often. As far as I am aware it is the only investigation where you were physically interfered with by what you claim to be a less the pleasant spirit but it still happened to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Also, just a quick addition. I tried to replicate the marks in the image on my own back using a knife (a butter knife!!). I wasnt able to repeat the figure eight that I can see there. I do however have short arms, like a T-rex.
    That would be comical to watch

Please record it next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

That made me laugh a lot. I do admit that I can get really into what I'm saying sometimes, but I'll discuss that in another place and another time. Anyway, it'll be interesting how this thing develops, to be honest. I know I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this thread for the next while.

May I also add, on a seperate note, that the boards.ie paranormal forum is the only independent site where people from many groups can discuss and police by discussion the behaviours and actions of DIY paranormal investigation groups and money makers. I believe if it were not for this forum the entire paranormal community would be more like the British system where any Tom, Dick or Harry would be charging money to conjour the dead willy nilly while not having to answer to the community at large. This is becoming more difficult as the entire paranormal investigation thing is on its last legs, there are groups all over the country doing whatever they want. Does anyone remember when it was big news when one group did something bad on an investigation and we were worried it would cast us all in a bad light. Can anyone even count off the top of their head's the number of investigation groups in Ireland at the moment, I think we are running out of acronyms.

While it is a case that it's a minority who charge for their "services", I do agree that it makes the majority of groups look bad. Admittedly, given I'm more influenced by the Irish system, for the most part I stick to that convention, I understand it's not unethical to ask for help with travel costs, although I was a bit iffy with that at the start though when I think about it (though it was also explained to me), it is fair. I do remember when I first started out in this field (with the PRAI) over 6 years ago, there were very few groups. In fact, I think there might have been more groups in Northern Ireland as opposed to the Republic! It seems though, that's changed over the years, as I've noticed that Ireland as a whole has become slightly more open-minded towards the paranormal and related stuff. I'm trying not to run away with myself here (:P Grimes), but I was talking about the differences between the perceptions of the paranormal in Ireland and Britain (the UK?), as for instance the whole psychic stuff has been going on since the 1800s and if I recall, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and quite a few noted people of that time were interested in it. I'm not going to go into it here, as it's far too ong to summarise plus I don't know it all, but either way, it's because of all that stuff back in Victorian times that the British paranormal scene is the way it is. Ireland by contrast had none of that really happen, hence why it's only recently that spiritual circles are being formed there now.

Oddly enough, I have been thinking of actually making some sort of paranormal site that groups (and individuals) can sign up to (for a nominal fee - to cover materials and such) that certifies them as "ethical", although the problem is that I have no idea what would constitute ethical behavior at present. The ultimate plan though is that it's kind of like a company register where each organisation gets assigned a number that can be looked up by people to certify they're legit. Arguably, it could be done for free signup, but then you'd have the issues of materials and hosting costs and also that it means that anyone can sign up; by charging a reasonable fee for the year (or other specified period), it means that people who are serious about being certified will get certified. I'm only mentioning this now as I think it relates to what was said in the above quote. The only problem is that it's just a collection of connected ideas at the moment and I haven't thought about how to implement them in a practical setting. I'm not even sure if the idea has merit or will actually prevent or reduce people from scamming others, but it seemed like a nice idea to consider at the time.

Edit: Sorry about the formatting mess if anyone happens to be looking around the time I originally started the post, I seem to be having issues with separating stuff!

Okay I think everyone needs to get a quick reality grip on this one.

People who routinely speak to dead people and up until very recently were referring to photographic light anomalies as the manifestations of the dead are mocking a newcomer to the community for having subjective, albeit harmful experience.

There is also a certain level of personal preconceptions that some posters here are bringing to the table without disclosing them. While I do not agree with the claim that EPD makes of back biting, I wonder would people respond the same if 6th, Dannyxxx or macored ect were to make such claims? Is it that this person is standing on some established toes? I think there may be an element of that here. Please note that I am just making an observation here, not having a go. Nor do I see why bringing a poster's previous posts and interests is in any way relevant to this thread other than in an attempt to identify that poster in real life and simply serves to derail the thread and highlight a bit of a "bitchy" element.

Having said that the photographs, interview and article are not in any way evidence of paranormal activity and there is no evidence to support the claims of violent paranormal activity in Ross Castle over the 5/6 years most of us have investigated the location.That is no reason to discount Mr Doyle's claims, perhaps Ruth could share more detail on the case as an investigator's point of view to clarify the events of the night through the eyes of a seasoned investigator. It does cast certain doubts about the claims of violent activity in Ross as Ruth was very quick to ask for her name and groups name to be removed from this thread. I would be very eager to hear Ruth's opinion on the claims as she was the only investigator there on the night who we are all familiar with.

+1 to Oryx and her patience.

Well put Sir.
    At last a fair man with an open mind.:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

http://liveparanormal.com/page/chat

(This Sunday)Sunday 8-29

7pm-9pmest KPS from Ireland with LP Global roundtable

Howdy y'all!

Looks like someone from KPS is going all yankee too! (think its a US site?)

I wonder if they are going to be talking about this incident??

I think Science gets in the way of the paranormal! :)

Ray

You've been in a room in ross with me and 4 other people when I had something to me. That said I've no comment to make on this case but it does seem theres been alot of attacks in under a year of investigating.
    You yourself were physically attacked in Ross and it is a story you tell quite often. As far as I am aware it is the only investigation where you were physically interfered with by what you claim to be a less the pleasant spirit but it still happened to you?

Well you can see my post from early on in this thread above where I acknowledge this type of activity.

Do you remember a case where someone claimed to have been attacked in Wicklow gaol before and you knew they were faking?

Do you remember a case where someone claimed to have been attacked in Wicklow gaol before and you knew they were faking?

I assume you are refering to the time Mr Doyle was on an investigation organised as part of last years Paranormal convention.Mr Doyle had a subjective experience. Im sure he believed it. I cant prove or disprove his subjective experience. Nothing that I havnt seen any other medium do.

If you have evidence that Mr Doyle (or anyone) fakes medium abilities go ahead and make the statement and back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

Oh?? Evidence of Fakery??? Now thats a different story!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCChwZL17A

BigTool wrote: »
    Oh?? Evidence of Fakery??? Now thats a different story!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCChwZL17A

Does that therefore apply to all mediums? You cant call shenanigans or any one person until you have evidence of shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spookhunter

1. I am a believer and have many more so called "mediums" than genuine Mediums

I've read down through this topic and it concerns me greatly. Even if I remove the POSSIBILITY of an American editor changing the word bathroom, toilet or plain old loo - to restroom - which I have suffered on another occasion when I used mobile phone - turned to cell phone and used further instead of the preferred farther on the other side of the pond... one wonders if Mr Doyle has been misguided at some stage in his limited investigation experience...

One wonders why the NUMEROUS paranormal investigation groups that have sprouted up around the country of late - have not, to my knowledge been subjected to such injuries as Mr Doyle... even though they have investigated these buildings beforehand MANY times.

One wonders also, about the alleged Mediumistic skills that Mr Doyle claims, if he is a GENUINE Medium he would be well aware of protection rites, grounding rites etc so why does he not use them? - I presume he doesn't -

My main problem is that this one person and one group associated with him could undermine all the other groups including the one I have affiliations with, a VERY BAD NAME... There are people who believe in Mediumistic skills (I do - but there are VERY few genuine Mediums) and Mr Doyle will also give a bad name to those who ARE genuine....

Sadly there are many more who are trying to get their names up in lights, and have fanfares about their bravery... in my opinion - misguided and VERY worrying to those teams who have a genuine interest in trying to HELP spirits who are lost, and HELP home owners who may or may not have a problem...

Just stay wise to all that goes on...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement