Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ghost Hunter claims he was attacked by a spirit

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Darmer

In reply to Love Supreme.....I was formerly a member of Killarney Paranormal Society and have met Mick Doyle a few times. I was actually there that night in Ross Castle and can say that nothing was staged. I did not see the attack but we have been on nights where nothing has happened.

I think that what happened was unusual and an explanation of the night was put up not for publicity but to just let everyone know the facts.

I would not be associated with a team or an individual who would do things for publicity. Everybody has a right to their opinion but it should be based on facts and not assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Thank you Darmer..

In repsonse again to "Love Supreme" The reason I didnt want my or my teams name mentioned in the post was due to this thread seeming like a "slag off Mick Doyle" thread..and as we are a respected team I did not want our name draaged into a post where people are being slagged off.

Not because we have anything to hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lovesupreme

You mentioned there Darmer that opinions should be based on fact and not assumptions?

Does the same principle apply to the alledged 'attack' by a ghost being made public in the way that Mick Doyle and KPS have done??? I'm sorry but i dont see any facts that this actually happened???

The photos were made public for people to have a look at and decide what they want..

We were there on the night...we know what occured..

We did not release these photos as a way to "up our profile"..

We simply showed them so people could see them and make up their own minds, which people have done..And everyone is entitled to their own opinion..

We as a team are proud to say we do not stage events, we are 100% honest and if anything does occur on any of our investigations we will put it out there for discussion..as I'm sure Mick Doyle does in his team.

'I leave you to ponder what happened to me and to think that as Paranormal Investigators there are some things that we can never debunk'. (Quoted from the end of Mick Doyles account).

All i can say is people really need to consider how things are put across. Going by the account and that quote, your team is determined to say this was paranormal with no hard facts or witnesses to back it up.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Just a few commits from following this thread.

Cameras, cameras, cameras and go everywhere in pairs, this will help prove/disprove whatever happens or doesn't happen.

With regard to making this all public and telling people about it etc, I personally think this is going to cause more damage then anything else. Now there is a story about a man being attacked in the bathroom. Whether it happened or not it's not for me to decided but either way anyone that goes there now will have the idea that the bathroom is a 'place of activity', so from here on out there will be many more stories about things happening in the bathroom of Ross from word of mouth to Chinese whispers and just made up stuff. For me this ruins the chances of investigating Ross properly due to here-say and 'incidents' being in the public eye.

Personally speaking, all 'incidents' and results should be keep between your team until you investigated till you can't no more on a location, then release your findings if you see fit.

'I leave you to ponder what happened to me and to think that as Paranormal Investigators there are some things that we can never debunk'. (Quoted from the end of Mick Doyles account).

All i can say is people really need to consider how things are put across. Going by the account and that quote, your team is determined to say this was paranormal with no hard facts or witnesses to back it up.....

If you have an issue with something Mick Doyle said in his interview, take it up with Mick Doyle.

Mick is not, nor ever has been a member of KPS. Any interview done on this subject has not come from a member of KPS.

No, KPS are not saying "OH MY GOD THIS IS PARANORMAL!"

KPS have simply stated that, from what we could see on the night in question it was not staged, and from the time I left him in the bathroom to the time I heard him shouting, I can't possibly see, how he would have had the time to do the injury to himself.

That is the last I am saying on the matter.. each of the 5 people who were in Ross, with Mick that night are all of the opinion that it was not staged.

I am not going to argue on boards with you. So goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Unless the marks were made before entering? Not saying they were, just a thought.

If they were, they would have had to be made about 4pm that day as we were together for the rest of the night.

But to me they did look fresher then that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

To be fair, Ruth KPS has the right to respond and has done/is doing so. Its fine to be skeptical (and my offer still stands) but civility need not be lost when skepticism is applied. Thanks for your input Ruth.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Grimes wrote: »
    Im sure the PIGS would be up to the challenge, myself,6th,dre,monkeyfudge and stoner?

I'm ready. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daylightmoon

i have been to ross castle many times in the past few years both as a guest and as paranormal investigator and while i do find the place to be very active i have never felt threatened or in any sort of danger, as i do not know the group involved in this discussion i would not like to make a personal comment on them, but i will admit i do not believe the story or the pictures as being anything paranormal, a lot of the comments on here seem to be thinking the same as myself, and i feel its a shame that things like this should happen as it gives the paranormal world and genuine investigators a bad name.

In response to DaylightMoon..

Thank you for not making a personal comment on the team.

However, I have never stated that there is anything negative in Ross Castle, as I do feel quite comfortable being there and I also do not feel threatened when being there.

In response to the end of your comment. I would like to let you know that KPS are genuine investigators, we do not give genuine teams a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

How exactly do being attacked and something negative not relate?

Was that in response to me?

Obviosuly they are related.. I dont believe this situation occured by anything that was in ross castle..as I feel there are no negative energies in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    I dont believe this situation occured by anything that was in ross castle..as I feel there are no negative energies in there.

Ah!!! so this Mick dude brings negative spirits with him!!

A bit like Blue Peter, "Here is one we made earlier!" :)

Ray

It is my opinion yes that it was nothing in Ross that made this situation occur.

So why is this Mick guy not coming on here to answer our questions...personally i think he's made an issue of this and is now in hiding, not realising that people can see through this...perhaps the negative spirits have kidnapped him???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

...personally i think he's made an issue of this and is now in hiding, not realising that people can see through this...

HE IS A GHOST HIMSELF!!! :eek:

But in all fairness with ZERO witness's there is nothing he/we can say or do to prove or disprove HIS account of what happened!!

Ray

• Advertisement

So why is this Mick guy not coming on here to answer our questions...personally i think he's made an issue of this and is now in hiding, not realising that people can see through this...perhaps the negative spirits have kidnapped him???

As much as I love Boards (and you know I do) .... not everyone in Ireland or the Irish paranormal community are on here. Actually the thread starter knows him but though this thread was the best way to discuss it ..... not that they even bothered to give an opinion. Looks like stirring to me.

Took the words right out of my mouth :rolleyes:

I dont see why someone claiming to be attacked by ghosts in Ireland and putting it up on the internet cant be put on boards for discussion nor do I see why the real life identity of the OP or any of the other posters in this thread is relevant to the discussion at hand.

There is nothing in the original post that points to **** stirring, its simply "listen to this and give opinions" and people have given their opinions. Should the OP give an opinion it would bias the rest of the thread.

Again I dont understand why the real life identity of any poster on an anonymous message forum should be an issue.

Back on the topic of Mick's interview and not the topic of the motivations behind any posters on this thread I am very interested in going on an investigation with Mick to spend the night investigating Mick or speaking to him about anything which may have caused this to happen to him. Ruth as the investigator on the night has given a good account of what happened.

I know Mick, I know he does not post on boards nor does he wish to. I think this warrents some further investigation rather than accusing people of **** stirring.

Also I have been emailed by a number of mediums in the past who have read posts of mine on boards and facebook where I indicate that their antics are not entirely genuine and they have attacked me or asked me to take them down. I do not openly claim shenanigans until I am 100% positive that the claims made by a medium are fake.

In this case I cannot say that Mick is fake or geniune until I have investigated further and as a paranormal investigator it is certainly what I intend to do.

If you need any assistance just ask... Im still looking into myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmoisgiddy

He has no formal type of protection, and actually taunts spirits, endangering himself and other team members who might be in the room (i've actually seen this)
    He's the new yvette fielding

There is NO elemental in Ross castle, just a spirit that Mick probably pissed off.
    He's giving us regulars who actually take this stuff seriously a bad name, and he's making a farse of investigating for attention

Jesus Grimes are you actually for real?

He has no formal type of protection, and actually taunts spirits, endangering himself and other team members who might be in the room (i've actually seen this)
    He's the new yvette fielding

There is NO elemental in Ross castle, just a spirit that Mick probably pissed off.
    He's giving us regulars who actually take this stuff seriously a bad name, and he's making a farse of investigating for attention

I know loads of investigators who antagonise ghosts, have seen the elemental in Ross and pretend that talking about a white light for a few minutes before an investigation gives them some sort of protection. How does that actually give you protection? Is there anything to protect you from. Seriously people who believe all that are actually attacking a guy for being attacked by ghosts.Perhaps if he used the "protection" he wouldnt get attacked? After all thats why people "protect" themselves no?

Am I the only person who sees the Ironing!

The question this brings up for me is ... .

If there is an entity that has the power to throw a full grown man around because he was angry, why didnt it do this to anybody else in the past. If it got angry and wanted to send a message, it would have happened before now.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There are one of two things going on here.

a) The guy did fake what was going on. Noone here can say if he did or not, we can only surmise. And I take on board the opinion of Ruth, who was there, who is undecided but does not think he faked, based on timing etc. But we still dont know. The only reason we know someone like Derek Acorah fakes is because he did it all the time, he got caught, and lets face it, hes a total ham.

b) The guy genuinely got attacked by something. If this is the case, then we have a whole other set of theories on why this happened, all of which rely on us accepting that something out of our ordinary experience went on, such as poltergeist activity, an 'elemental', or a peed off spirit.

We cannot say in this case. It could even have been a halucinogen in the sewer gas for all we know. All you can do is go back and reexamine, retest, see if the event repeats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement