Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Ghost Hunter claims he was attacked by a spirit

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is at least one other report by an Irish investigator of a physical attack in Ross Castle.

Oryx wrote: »
    There are one of two things going on here.

a) The guy did fake what was going on. Noone here can say if he did or not, we can only surmise. And I take on board the opinion of Ruth, who was there, who is undecided but does not think he faked, based on timing etc. But we still dont know. The only reason we know someone like Derek Acorah fakes is because he did it all the time, he got caught, and lets face it, hes a total ham.

b) The guy genuinely got attacked by something. If this is the case, then we have a whole other set of theories on why this happened, all of which rely on us accepting that something out of our ordinary experience went on, such as poltergeist activity, an 'elemental', or a peed off spirit.

We cannot say in this case. It could even have been a halucinogen in the sewer gas for all we know. All you can do is go back and reexamine, retest, see if the event repeats.

Thats pretty much what I have been saying the entire thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i dont know the fella concerned, plus I havent been to ross castle so I cant make any kind of judgement. My gut feeling though tells me derek acorah started a craze.

Grimes wrote: »
    Thats pretty much what I have been saying the entire thread!

thats the easy answer - it was either real or faked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

There is at least one other report by an Irish investigator of a physical attack in Ross Castle.

Is there?

Well I know people have left Ross Castle before with the odd one or two scratches on them. The lady that runs the castle was telling us that.. and myself and Darren left with scratches on us.. just one or 2 scratches. Nothing major.

• Advertisement

Why would a ghost scratch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Depends on the type of spirit/ghost/enity and there could be a whole range of motivations.
    I have heard scratching at the window when I stayed there and prompty told what ever it was to fúck off I was going to sleep and they were not welcome and to keep out of the room.

i would assume theres a pretty high chance of getting scratched when walking about a castle in the dark - people are bound to walk into something, catch an arm here, lean against a wall and get a scratch in the back there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ross Castle is a functioning B&B, so its up to a certain health and safety standard, it's not ruin or a wreck.

im not saying it is. Ive investigated many a place in the dark and ive found its quite easy to get scratches naturally without realising it.

• Advertisement

Why would a ghost scratch ?

No idea.. I was just mentioning what I was told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lovesupreme

Ooooohhhh this is interesting...a friend of mine was telling me that one of their work colleagues <snip>

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Lovesupreme, Im coming at this as a mod of the forum. Do not make accusations of any sort here unless you have first hand evidence. This he said/ she said my friend told me stuff is gossip and has no place here. I dont want the forum turned into a zone where different groups attack each other. You are a member of another (competing?) team, and so you have substantial bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BigTool

He Said, She Said on the Sea Shore! :)

Teams Competing?? I taught this was just a hobby??

Are people charging to have a team of people roam around their building looking for ghosts?

Maybe 2nd hand 'rumours' should be heard since 1st hand evidence dosent exist??

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

Just a thought, the scratches on his back are classical for dermatographia probably triggered by stress, even a minor scrape like off a floor or wall or even a light surface scratch with your nails can do it. I can get marks like that on my arms with just light surface pressure.

He may not be faking but it still need not be a ghost.. Feeling unwell with nausea and vomiting along with a rash like that could also be consistent with an atypical allergic reaction, it might explain why he keeps getting attacked! It would be interesting to see if he has the same symptoms if he took an anti-histamine before investigating.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticaria

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Is there no video footage of what happened? in the interview he talks about a DVD...?

What DVD does he talk about? I must have another look. As far as I can remember we did video tape the seance but as we had then finished we turned off the equipment, so whatever happened after the seance isnt on tape.

In the interview, link posted at the top of the thread...he chats to the lads and when they get to talk about Ross he then says to one of the boys...you got the DVD? you saw the DVD?..unless it was just footage of the castle, to give the interviewers a senes of the place as he was describing the "attack"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 666th

Just read through this thread and I found the whole debate very interesting, though I do have a few concerns.

This place Ross Castle is a working B&B and therefore depends not only on paranormal groups investigating the place from time to time, but also on the general public staying there for short holidays. So I doubt that unless a person has an interest in the paranormal they might think twice about staying in a place that has an alleged elemental. So I just hope that the owners don’t get wind of this interview or it could spoil it for other groups who want to investigate the place.

Also Mr Doyle’s description of an elemental seems to be a little hazy, it sounded like he just went into Google and read out the first thing that came up. I know he probably had to keep things short for the programme but he just did not seem to be that well informed on what he was allegedly attacked by.

And as for the accusation that the poster of this thread was stirring by putting it up.......I think that is total nonsense as this is a forum for discussion and as the replies to this thread show, people do have an opinion and I feel that it was well debated. People get their backs up for no reason and it’s very childish to accuse someone of stirring as the poster does not discredit Mr Doyle, they only ask what people think of the interview.

I hope to visit Ross castle very soon myself for an investigation, and though I hope to encounter some paranormal activity, I doubt that I will be attacked by any unseen entities.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

Hey lads I know it has been a while since I posted here but I had to chime in here.
    I met this individual only once so I will not speak to his investigations protocals, validaty of his claims or personal integrity. I was not there myself, however I have heard different things through the grape vine which I dismissed.
    My questions is has this indiviual been made aware of this thread so maybe he could shed some light on it? If he has a website or is doing investigations does anyone have his details (not that they will be posted) rather possibly one of the mods can contact him for a response.

By discussing this issue for the length you have you feed into the situation. By getting a response perhaps it can be put to rest.
    I enjoyed reading all your post (well most lmao) interesting thread indeed. Thanks for your time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

He knows about it and has chosen to ignore it. I don't blame him.

He dosnt really care about this thread as far as I know and from what I gather is more than happy to go off and do his own thing regardless of what people say here. Fair play to the lad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Dave! wrote: »
    You seem skeptical -- do ghosts only attack experienced investigators or something?

Ah no, he meant that it seems suspect that a guy who has only been investigating for all of one year has been subjected to repeated 'attacks' by ghosts/spirits/elementals. He starts investigating and, whoa, the attacks come thick and fast. Maybe if this was a fella who had been investigating for, say, five years+, you might expect a story or two at most about strange encounters.

I know of one girl who has been investigating for nearly four years and any slightly bizarre incidents she has experienced only come to a grand total of one. Some paranormal investigators can go for many more years and experience absolutely nothing strange at all.

Just because you have acquired more years of experience in investigating than another person does not make you more liable to having notched up more cases of 'attacks', or whatever else. If anything, the person should have become wiser to what is explainable and what isn't, making them less likely to have exaggerated and overblown tales to their name.

I think there are some people in the area who fabricate stories to draw attention to themselves and to make themselves feel more 'important', as if they're 'the chosen one' or some other sh!te like that. Tbh, if Mick Doyle really is being attacked as often as he said he has been, wouldn't he take that as a sign to get out of the area altogether? Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do? It reminds of Bobby Sands having the good sense to leave his ship-building apprenticeship/job back in the late '60s after being intimidated at gunpoint by Loyalists. Why stay working in something where your well-being or life is obviously under threat?

Btw, I can't see any of those photos showing the 'wounds' from Mick Doyle's attack on the KPS site, http://www.ghosthuntireland.ie/.

In other matters, KPS' video of the shadow moving across the room is interesting. I can see a shadow moving across the room from right-to-left at 0:10-0:11 seconds. Interesting. http://www.ghosthuntireland.ie/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=60&task=videodirectlink&id=26 But the camera work is very shaky and blurry. It might be a small child all dressed in black slinking behind everyone in the room, for all I know. Cool shot though.

Also, just a quick addition. I tried to replicate the marks in the image on my own back using a knife (a butter knife!!). I wasnt able to repeat the figure eight that I can see there. I do however have short arms, like a T-rex.

LMAO! :pac:

yermin wrote: »
    [...] I gathered he'd been lightly savaged, or mauled perhaps from the quote above. Anyway, that's kind of extreme measures to go to for some attention. Those tricksome, cowardly spirits, waiting for him to be all alone like that, and on the john too. But who knows, maybe he is being attacked by ghosts. Are ordinarily benign spirits are attacking this man? Why?

Lol. Yeah, those spirits/elementals really know how to pick opportune spots in which to conduct an attack on someone. :D

Ah no, he meant that it seems suspect that a guy who has only been investigating for all of one year has been subjected to repeated 'attacks' by ghosts/spirits/elementals. He starts investigating and, whoa, the attacks come thick and fast. Maybe if this was a fella who had been investigating for, say, five years+, you might expect a story or two at most about strange encounters.

I know of one girl who has been investigating for nearly four years and any slightly bizarre incidents she has experienced only come to a grand total of one. Some paranormal investigators can go for many more years and experience absolutely nothing strange at all.

Just because you have acquired more years of experience in investigating than another person does not make you more liable to having notched up more cases of 'attacks', or whatever else. If anything, the person should have become wiser to what is explainable and what isn't, making them less likely to have exaggerated and overblown tales to their name.

I think there are some people in the area who fabricate stories to draw attention to themselves and to make themselves feel more 'important', as if they're 'the chosen one' or some other sh!te like that. Tbh, if Mick Doyle really is being attacked as often as he said he has been, wouldn't he take that as a sign to get out of the area altogether? Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do? It reminds of Bobby Sands having the good sense to leave his ship-building apprenticeship/job back in the late '60s after being intimidated at gunpoint by Loyalists. Why stay working in something where your well-being or life is obviously under threat?

Btw, I can't see any of those photos showing the 'wounds' from Mick Doyle's attack on the KPS site, http://www.ghosthuntireland.ie/.

In other matters, KPS' video of the shadow moving across the room is interesting. I can see a shadow moving across the room from right-to-left at 0:10-0:11 seconds. Interesting. http://www.ghosthuntireland.ie/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=60&task=videodirectlink&id=26 But the camera work is very shaky and blurry. It might be a small child all dressed in black slinking behind everyone in the room, for all I know. Cool shot though.

Heya,

That's not our site.. that is Ghost Hunt Ireland. However, I am no longer in contact with Mr Doyle, so have upon his request, removed his photos from our site.

www.killarneyparanormalsociety.com

Yeah, great shot..shadow on the wall :eek:

He dosnt really care about this thread as far as I know and from what I gather is more than happy to go off and do his own thing regardless of what people say here. Fair play to the lad imo.
    I think all here are interested in what happened that night...nothing more than analytic comments where posted here (generally) it would have been nice to hear what happened on this investigation from the horses mouth..so to speak.

ultain wrote: »
    I think all here are interested in what happened that night...nothing more than analytic comments where posted here (generally) it would have been nice to hear what happened on this investigation from the horses mouth..so to speak.

I totally agree, this has been a great thread and for the most part people have been mature and analytical of the interview. Would be great for Mick to give his side of the event but I respect that he is happy to do his thing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think the discussion on this event has gone as far as it can, and the main person involved does not wish to comment. As such, I am locking the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement