Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the results now?

• 17-08-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭

Just was thinking there, im assuming the results are printed out and in envelopes, does anyone know were abouts they are at this moment?

I guess garda station is a good guess..any other suggestions?

But while im here i may aswell ask when are the papers fully corrected and results recorded?

Tis odd knowing someone some where has seen your results even though they only see your number.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The results would be printed now, fully corrected and all the results logged in the database.

They are more than likely in some post office now. My neighbour worked in the GPO and she said the LC Results get a special, separate delivery and they arrive at schools as early as 5am in the morning.

I'm not sure if they are in envelopes already - I think the school may do that bit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They'll be en route to delivery offices within the An Post system.
    They won't be in envelopes yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

All the little yellow slips will be in a big envelope addressed to your school in a post office sorting room ready for dispatch first thing.
    Your school gets the papers and some put them in envelopes, some dont.... depends on the school.
    Exams are usually corrected and returned by the end of July. Must be a headache correcting scripts of anonymous students. Sometimes I feel that its just so random to expect one person to decide on a grade that could ultimately have such an affect on your life; particularly with subjects like English where it really depends on the marker if they like your style or not. I raised this debate before that maybe scripts should be corrected by three people... and then the median grade returned or something like this? But I was slammed down saying that would take months and cost too much and that students can have scripts rechecked..etc...
    (I still think I had a good argument though... when especially this year, the competition is fierce and peoples lives are really being affected!!!)

Oh well... best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

felic wrote: »
    All the little yellow slips will be in a big envelope addressed to your school in a post office sorting room ready for dispatch first thing.
    Your school gets the papers and some put them in envelopes, some dont.... depends on the school.
    Exams are usually corrected and returned by the end of July. Must be a headache correcting scripts of anonymous students. Sometimes I feel that its just so random to expect one person to decide on a grade that could ultimately have such an affect on your life; particularly with subjects like English where it really depends on the marker if they like your style or not. I raised this debate before that maybe scripts should be corrected by three people... and then the median grade returned or something like this? But I was slammed down saying that would take months and cost too much and that students can have scripts rechecked..etc...
    (I still think I had a good argument though... when especially this year, the competition is fierce and peoples lives are really being affected!!!)

Oh well... best of luck everyone.

Stingy *****. We are the future of this country.
    Maybe teachers would be made correct them, as they already have a huge time off in anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Maybe teachers would be made correct them, as they already have a huge time off in anyways.

Who do you think corrects them now?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Who do you think corrects them now?

I know, but isn't that optional?
    What I meant was that teachers were forced to do, and they make their way around through all the teachers?

Just a suggestion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

What I meant was that teachers were forced to do, and they make their way around through all the teachers?

I don't think you read felic's post properly.

Lawliet wrote: »
    I don't think you read felic's post properly.

Only a sign of things to come...
    FML.

FWIW I think everyone teaching an exam subject should correct. I don't understand colleagues who teach a subject without having been involved in the marking process.

I'm not sure moving it around compulsorily would help though, I think it's better have a body of experienced and willing correctors than a group that changes every year. In some subjects there is a very high turnover of correctors every year, with the attendant errors and mistakes that that brings.

Advertisement