Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam Trad Festival

Options
  • 17-08-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

For anyone who has the energy left after this year's Arts festival, the first Tuam Trad Festival starts this year from Sept 17-19. Some great local and national acts already confirmed... Dolores Keane, Matt Keane, Gary Quinn, Don Stiff, Ri Ra, Aindrias De Staic and the Kilfenora Ceili Band to name but a few. Workshops and exhibitions throughout the town too, so the weekend will be pretty choc-a-bloc. Should get the town hoppin! Details are on the festival website www.tuamtradfestival.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Would ya look at that,
    Nobody seems to care about Tuam putting on a "music festival" shocking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Would ya look at that,
    Nobody seems to care about Tuam putting on a "music festival" shocking really.

Just because they don't reply here doesn't mean there is no interest. Sheesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Has the ingredients to be a great weekend. There is music (vast majority free) in most of the pubs and could even upstage the arts festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

yeah looking forward to this... I'll need to balance out the musical side of my mind after seeing Muse the weekend before in Wembley :D

Bit of trad should sort it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

i cant wait . COME ON THE TRADFEST :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:.
    OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Will be a great weekend for the Tuam/North Galway & beyond:)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Festival opens this Friday evening at 7pm in Tuam!

Just a reminder that the Trad Festival kicks off tonight at 7pm with a free Live and Loud open air concert at the Tuam Shopping Centre plaza. Dolores Keane is scheduled to do a 30 minute set and other performers include her brother Matt Keane, Gary Quinn, RíRá, Patsy Hanly, Pat Sweeney, Pauline Hanly and Carmel Gunning. Also performing are the Abbeyknockmoy set dancers and Corofin CCE Groupai Cheoil.
    Weather is looking good for it, so hopefully there will be a nice crowd there!

• Advertisement

The pub sessions on Friday night were brilliant, particularly Ri Ra in The Thatch. Heard Dolores Keane had a rip roaring session (of music) in Geoghagan's yesterday afternoon and Eleanor Shanley is there today (Sunday) which will be a great appetiser for the football final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 derrycashel

Hi Folks,

I see that Tuam Trad Festival is on this year from Sept 16th - 18th September.. It was one of the mosrt successfull festivals of 2010 and I believe from a good source that it is taking the same format as last year but with so much more talent from around the country. It will be great to see such an event hosted in Tuam again and after what Ann Coen and her team did for Tuam last September we wish her all the very BEST OF LUCK. Good on you GIRL..... We can't wait for another Trad Festival in TUAM. BRING IT ON!!!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 derrycashel

Thanks for all you lovely comments, we are gearing up again for 2011 with a great line up, check out our website www.tuamtradfestival.com

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Write up about it in The Tuam Herald this week too, I'd say it is going to be great. Well done to the organising committee.

http://www.tuamherald.ie/?p=9438

The line-up is now up on the festival website... www.tuamtradfestival.com
    Kicks off this coming Friday at 7pm with a free open air concert in the square featuring Sean Keane! Check out the number of sessions listed in the programme - that must be neraly every pub in town.... e.g opening night sessions...
    9pm Night Trad Sessions
    The Abbey Tavern (Front Bar) - Niamh, Breffni Molloy, Hannah Rhattigan & Friends
    The Corralea Court Hotel - Blue Tax
    The Thatch Bar - Luck Penny (Dundalk)
    Reapy's Bar - Matt Keane
    The Cellar Bar - Trad Session
    Tir na Nog - Kieran & Norrie Quinn and Michael Vicnoles
    McDonagh's Bar - Gerry Hanley, Pat Sweeney & Friends
    The Square Inn - James Carty & Donal McCague
    The Rustic Vaults - Tinneas Cinn
    The Brogue - RiRá and Guests
    Canavan's (Hardi's Bar) - Full Steam Ahead (Limerick)
    The Man of Aran - Gary Quinn, Claire Igoe & Anthony McGrath
    The Hare Inn - Claire & Breda Keville with Cormac Cannon and Charlie Piggott
    The Hibernian Inn - Rambling Rogues
    Geoghegan's (High St ) - Droney & Mulholland Family
    The Bridge Bar - Reel It In

It's an incredible line up. Well done to Ann Coen and all the organisers and hopefully it will be a great success. While some of it is weather dependent but even if it lashes outside there is some great music to be savoured indoors! Best of luck to all involved.

Today's the day! Just a reminder that the free open air concert kicks off at 7pm in the square this evening. Looks like a real professional set up, serious sound system etc. Hope the weather holds up - lookin good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just passed it on my way home. Few drops of rain were beginning to fall but I hope it stays off.

Hopefully the crowd picks up a bit, as you say, there is a good set up!

Advertisement